Am I the only one??

Options

Replies

• zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well obviously you aren't the only one but I think it is silly to be bothered by photos of another person's body.

People who post their photos are inspirational and motivating and I say BRAVO to them for being proud of the work they have done and are confident enough to show it off.

And I would hate for this site to censor them.

I'm with you on that. It's weird to me how sensitive some people are at seeing other people's bodies. I just don't get what the fuss is.
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    Some people here give too much tought to something so irrelevant.....It's not like your progress depends on whether there are people who reveal ''too much skin'' on the site. Or it does?:huh:
    Scroll past those scandalous pics and move on....
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way.....If the photo was posted on MSN or on the local news....would I be embarrassed if the world saw it? We were all given the ability to make choices. Mine are not yours....yours are not mine. I don't judge you.....I may wonder 'why would some one do that?' but I don't have to live with the consequences.....they do.....their problem....not mine! I to have seen pictures that bothered me (my issue not theirs)......I for one do not understand why people can't pick up their dirty laundry before snapping a picture.....but I like things nice and neat. See.....we all have things that bother us - if we were honest. This person was just expressing her own personal opinions....just like others on here. We are all individuals...not expected to have the same values.
  • bunnyfufu2012
    Options
    I'm a perv.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Virtuosity is a thing of the past just like black and white TV and record albums. With technology being what it is, it just fosters more narcissism. People who are insecure when they don't feel good about their bodies will find ways to cover up but when they shed the weight they sometimes do a complete turnabout in their behavior. It's a form of pathos, really. I'm all for having a healthy self-esteem but a lot of the posts you speak of are from people who are searching for compliments. It's very sad and superficial. If they had true self-esteem then how they felt about their bodies wouldn't matter whether they were overweight or not. The photograph is merely a way of proving they are part of the "cool kids" clique.

"Cool kids clique"?! LMAO!!!! I didn't know high school was still in session. I know you speak in general when you say some people are searching for compliments. But if you did something that was noble prize worthy in your mind, wouldn't you like a pat on the back? I'm an extrovert. I've skinny dipped when I was 255. I was never insecure. My belly covered my twigs and berries and my wife loved me then. She loves me as much now, but she just likes feeling me a bit more. OK ok ok, I kid. A lot more. We all try to convey some kind of emotion. If you didn't want to be part of some "clique", why did you join MFP? To gain support in some way shape or form. To be part of a clique. Some people just like showing skin, some don't. I think we should all expect to see some skin when people "PROGRESS PIC UPDATE!!!!" If you think other wise, you haven't been on long enough.

PS- Pathos is normally associated in a negative form. It is Greek for suffering unless my dictionary is wrong. I don't see how people feeling good about themselves and showing skin can relate to that.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh! Where do I find this picture!! lol:)))

Lol let me know if you find it
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The pics are no longer there...so either the person who posted them removed them or mfp did, they were a little much.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    The pics are no longer there...so either the person who posted them removed them or mfp did, they were a little much.

I think he posted on the 3rd page... and I think it's worth showing off! That kind of body takes some damn hard work.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    This site is about changing your body, so I don't mind seeing bodies. They don't offend me. It's just some skin!

Agreed.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care if I'm looking at revealing photos of others...but what SHOCKS me is that they're putting these on the internet. Can you imagine if a COWORKER came on this site and saw some of these??? Holy moly....I think I'd die if I were them. Wowsers.

This! I don't care about seeing it, but WHY would you post revealing pictures of yourself where absolutely anyone can find them
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I know what one she is talking about *snicker*
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Damn I was too late! I wanted to see some SKIN!!! LMAO
  • happeetrails
    Options
    I think it is therapeutic for a person to post the photos of their progress. In order to lose weight successfully you have to change. And it is so hard to change. The more a person can talk about it, write about it, and re-wire those neural pathways to a different thinking mindset, the better their chances are at serious weight loss. Approaching it from as many angles you can increases your success. I personally plan on posting photos once I reach my first mini-goal. I will post them knowing complete strangers will look at them and judge my body... and in doing so face the TRUTH of what I have let my body become. I think this is more the case for those who have a lot of weight to lose. We are all humans and we have the same parts. I wish you success in your weight loss goals and do hope you will encourage yourself and others to turn anything negative around and search a bit harder for something more positive and encouraging to your fellow human beings. I think the more of that for all of us the better.
  • happeetrails
    Options
    I just started this site, it looks like I am ready to begin for real...and hopefully for good. I am a bit surprised though about the comments about people not having self esteem and blah blah. Isn't this what we are here on this site for in the first place? Isn't the process one goes through an esteem builder? Instead of criticizing one another we should definitely show kindness and compassion...me personally, I am going to give anyone who talks to me exactly what I hope to receive from them. Hope you all have a great night.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    <--- Am I showing too much leg here?

haha...now everyone is just blowing it out of proportion- especially this. No, that's not too much leg...that's just a stupid thing to say. I know you were just be sarcastic...but really? Shoulda known that would happen.

AGAIN, I am all about people celebrating their success. I NEVER SAID I WASN'T. It's just my own personal preference, and according to the posts, some other MFP users as well. I'm not alone here. Just stating my opinion, which I'm allowed to do...as are you who's opinions differ. No need to get so upset! I just feel weird looking at a pic when I'm about to see things I don't want to see! I don't care to see skin- just no other parts!
  • Leslie85
    Options
    I know what one she is talking about *snicker*

haha! I love how everyone is like "which one is she talking about?!" lol :)
  • Leslie85
    Options
    I just hate grungy underwear pictures. It's not the amount of skin showing that bothers me, it's the perception that all that person has covering themselves is thin underwear that's not suppose to be seen.

haha! maybe that's more of my issue now that i think about it. i guess i just feel weird looking at someone in their old, almost see through underwear. I mean, I'd post a pic of me in a bikini or sports bra and shorts. I have no problem with that. I think it's the underwear that gets me.

One more time though (haha)- I'm all about progress pics- they are very inspiring for everyone!
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Does this thing have a "like" tab?... I wish there was a "like" tab?...can we get a "like" tab over here? Sorry, Facebook has me spoiled.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Others seem to agree with you. I don't mind seeing women in bikinis or men in underwear on here. Some I really like to see even ;)
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can only see the pics if you click on em. Just sayin...

Totally ^^^this^^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!