How much do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• wendyann45
    Options
    general i have my whole grain cereal with fresh fruit, 1 flat bagel with real butter and coffee, just love coffee before 7 am. :happy:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me ranges between 350 and 450. Tried less but wound up having sugar crashes at work.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    45 calories in coffee creamer and Flaxseed oil pills.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    usually high fiber type cereal with 1% milk or non fat yogurts (activia/chobani) 1/2 to 1 banana and lots of coffee. Sometimes eggs and toast/tortilla or english muffin. so around 300 calories plus or minus. Splurge occasionally (couple times a month) for a wonderful hearty breakfast with lots of goodies.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts vary, usually between 400-600 kcals.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It varies a little, I either have a 200 calorie protein bar with at least 20 oz of water or I have some 250 calorie chocolate peanut butter. I just make sure to get some good protein in the morning.
  • Nilithyana
    Nilithyana Posts: 21
    Options
    I've been eating about 250 cals. Grape Nuts and fat free milk.
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been eating between 300-400 calories at breakfast. But when I get to work, I have another 100 because my job is quite physcial. I am experimenting with eating about 500-600 calories before I go to work in order to sustain me for a couple of hours before I have my morning snack.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I have about 260 calories and maintenance cals are under 1200 :( so I try to keep breakfast cals on the lower side so I can eat more later. 1/2 cup whole grain oats, 1 cup of water or skim milk to cook the oats in. 1/2 to 1 cup of mashed berries and occasionlly I add ground flax seed. I usually use fresh strawberries, they taste sooo much better than store bought. Sometimes I'll add a little honey if I want it sweeter. I also have 2 cups of coffee with creamer.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    530 Calories

126 Carbs

4 Fat

18 proteins

So, I am doing fine so far Lost 7 lbs in seven weeks. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of June. I had bran cereal with fat free lactaid milk, a banana, and some popcorn. I did research on the internet to find the highest fiber foods, highest protein foods. Low carb foods and low natural fat. I do not eat the same thing every day. I can not see this. So each day i eat something different but have the same nutritional goals listed above. I do average about 400 to 600 calories in the morning breakfast and under 1700 calories a day. Goal is to eat more fiber, half the fat in grams and twice as much in protein. For exercising, i do heavy aerobic exercise every other day for about two (2) hours as i watch a Video movie at night! I keep away from sugars and white wheat flour products like white breads and pastas.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    300-600 calories depending on what it is lol and how hungry I am.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    It varies...usually between 300-400...I try to eat something heavy like peanut butter to keep my full longer.
  • DaoneandonlyMe
    DaoneandonlyMe Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For me Breakfast is my favorite meal .
    I eat 2 eggs sunnysided up or just boiled, some beans , toast and coffee with raw sugar.
    about 350-400.
    It's important to eat breakfast for energy levels later in the day, to kick start your metabolism :)

Skipping breakfast is a no-no . :)
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast eater. I love to jack up on coffee and not eat until noon BUT, I know it is better for me and will amp my metabolism if I eat earlier in the day.
    If I can eat at home I have 2 poached organic farm raised eggs ( that I pay dearly for) and one piece of toast or 1/2 a bagel. In a restaurant usually fresh fruit and oatmeal and at work, yogurt and cereal.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My usual daily breakfast is 276 calories. I usually add a protein shake for another 157 calories.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "breakfast" early, but my first meal is about 11:00 and is usually 600-800 calories.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is usually no more than 400 calories but i alwayss make sure i have it..its very importantt...i usually have like 2 fried eggs a piece of break and orange juice which is about 350...or a chocolate chip pancake and orange juice which is lik 350 alsoo.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    IMO breakfast could and should be your big meal of the day. We kind of got it backwards by making dinner/supper the big meal. I figure this may be because ppl have things to do in the morning and are not thinking about their stomachs.

Anyway I usually eat between 300-450 calories, but like I was saying it is perfectly fine to start the day out with a 600-800 calorie meal as long as you are monitoring everything else you eat in the day. :o)
  • trudefaith
    trudefaith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I normally have 200-300 cal, oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, stevia, and chia seeds and a cup of coffee
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    Here's a typical breakfast for xoxobollywood94:

- Scrambled eggs w/ toasted whole grain bread, and coffee. (200 cal)

OR

- Oatmeal w/ nuts and berries, and coffee. (150 cal)

OR

- A smoothie w/ banana, oats and almonds + ice cubes! (171 cal)

OR

- Low Fat (99% Fat Free) Strawberry Yogurt. (94 cal)