ALCOHOL

Options

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    So bummed by all the light, nasty, yellow beer haters out there. There are those of us who love craft beer, go to festivals / tastings, even brew it in their own homes...yet appreciate the thought of getting good and *kitten*$D UP. Craft beer gets me full real fast and costs a good deal more. Whereas Hooligan's will sell you 20oz of rolling rock for $2. But, then again, I'm just not much of a snob about anything. To each their own...but I'm trying to catch a buzz and be under my calorie limit. Like others have said, when I am finally maintaining my weight, and not losing weight, I'll go back to getting drunk on 225 calorie pints of craft stuff.
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My downfall :sad:
  • johnsummerton
    johnsummerton Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yea
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    vodka tonics!!!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I tried light beer last night... not my thing.

I've decided that since I'm such a light weight with drinking, I'm just going to take it easy with food that day and drink what I want. I don't have alcohol often enough to worry about it.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes I am and I was a big light beer drinker several times a week until I joined my fitness pal. I saw I
    was getting.g nowhere so I cut down a real lot and have seen a dramatic change in my weight. I
    now drink wine once a week usually on weekend. I have now lost 8 pounds.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    jamison or crown, double, straight on the rocks. Its worth it....but only have one drink

Do not sully the Jamesons with ice. :huh:

Also, a double is only 138, you can afford more than one if necessary.
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    Always ask for a low cal alternative. Fresh limeor lemon juice with a splash of cranberry or other fruit juice added to your favoritie liquor (preferably clear..tequila /vodka) often works well.

Sounds like a few of you might enjoy this group as well. :drinker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/622-like-minded-lushes

I just joined thanks!

And thanks to you ALL!!!! I was over here laughing at some of you!
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I was reading about this earlier because I fully plan on drinking wine tonight, but apparently champagne might be your best bet depending on how inebriated you want to get. Have fun!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    :happy: TEQUILA IT MAKES ME HAPPY!!!!:happy:

Lets go for shots!:drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a few of you might enjoy this group as well. :drinker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/622-like-minded-lushes
    I just joined thanks!
    you're welcome. Just jump in and introduce yourself. we don't bite. :drinker:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my beers usually lite----but, drink about 6 of them weekly.
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    I was reading about this earlier because I fully plan on drinking wine tonight, but apparently champagne might be your best bet depending on how inebriated you want to get. Have fun!

You know, i'm more of a beer girl. I LOVE it. Straight liquor for some reason makes me REAL ANGRY lol. but i'll try it tonight, If you guys don't hear from me tomorrow it means I whooped somebody *kitten* for looking at me the wrong way and i'm sitting in jail.
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    Gotta have my beers usually lite----but, drink about 6 of them weekly.

That is exactly me. miller lite only has 95 calories though- (i'm gonna track it real quick) I thought it had WAY more. if so, i can afford those calories and get smashed.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You know, i'm more of a beer girl. I LOVE it. Straight liquor for some reason makes me REAL ANGRY lol. but i'll try it tonight, If you guys don't hear from me tomorrow it means I whooped somebody *kitten* for looking at me the wrong way and i'm sitting in jail.

haha..i hear ya. straight liquor gets to me too..I think it's because I drink it too fast.
    I can't drink wine or beer quickly.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I go out I take along a packet or two of crystal light lemonade. I order a shot or a double of tequila & a glass of water, drink enough of the water down, add 1 packet of lemonade, and dump in the tequila with a wedge of lime. Pretty much a no-sugar Margarita.
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    When I go out I take along a packet or two of crystal light lemonade. I order a shot or a double of tequila & a glass of water, drink enough of the water down, add 1 packet of lemonade, and dump in the tequila with a wedge of lime. Pretty much a no-sugar Margarita.

thanks. good idea! I'm going to try a previous posters idea of mio too.
  • Kkawalski
    Kkawalski Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a pre-law student with 3 kids so I don't get out much but when I do, I can out drink most! lol (That was a reply to a comment earlier on here btw.) I'm new to posting on here =)
  • Kkawalski
    Kkawalski Posts: 5
    Options
    OR drink your heart out at a club then dance your *kitten* off too!! Maybe that's what works for me lol
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    OR drink your heart out at a club then dance your *kitten* off too!! Maybe that's what works for me lol

I'm pretty sure it's the dancing. When I go to the club I usually go with my friend and sit at the bar. I wish i had my old computer. a couple 4 years back we went out for halloween as Lil Wayne and tpain. you know them "he raps" "he sings shirt". well she had on a shirt that said "she dances" and I wore a wig with dreads and shirt that said "she drinks".