Women Of 5'9/5'10 - What's Your Goal/Ideal Weight?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
I am almost 5'10, medium build and around 125 Ibs. I have been maintaining at that for months now, with some effort on my part.
I was around 142 last summer, maybe a tiny bit more, when I was not exercising really, and eating pretty much what I felt like eating,

What is the lowest weight you have been, and what is your goal weight now ?

Replies

• cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    In '96 I lost down to a size 9 and still had a little giggle on my belly and thighs. I don't recall what my weights was but I looked smaller than I was. I'm 5'9 and my goal is around 150, but I'd like to see what my BMI & % of body fat is at that time. If I weighed what you weigh I'd look very sick and unhealthy. So I must be bigger boned than you. I do need a 10" ankle bracelet.
    I remember skipping right over 125 when I was in Jr High.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 & my lowest weight was 130, but that was after having no appetite for weeks due to a vitamin deficiency. Not a good look for me, I lost all my boobs & all the bones showed all the time. I'm maintaining at 150 now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 158lbs right now. My goal is 150lbs. The smallest I've ever been is 145lbs. I've got a large frame.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and my lowest weight ever at this height was 157. I'm 158.5 now. Works for me. If I was 125 I would look sick.
  • ncahigh
    ncahigh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my target weight is 153 (what I weighed in high school and 10 years ago in my avatar picture). I would be happy at 165 though. 168 is the top of the healthy BMI for me. I have a large frame/bones. I think my lowest at this height was probably 147 or so in high school during basketball season.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and weigh between 155-160 pounds. I'm happy here and I'd be happy if I was a few pounds heavier.

I'd like eventually to drop my BF % a bit more (currently around 21-22%), but I don't want to be lighter than I am.

Oh, I have a large frame, btw
  • swannie00
    swannie00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" - the very lowest I have been was 125 in highschool. I think 139 works best for me now.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" you're pretty tall for a woman. There are a number of sites with frame size calculators....find one that has instructions for elbow frame size calculator. Use this to determine small, medium, or large frame. Too often, people will assume a frame size, based on their weight, which is incorrect. Once you find your frame size, match that to weight range. At first glance, 125lbs seems a bit light for someone 5'10", however, not knowing your body fat percentage, it is hard to gauge, and with a medium frame 145 would appear to be a better range....again, this depends on each person and how they want to look.

example....my BMI of 26 puts me at overweight, however, my body fat % of 13.5% shows that I am lean, and my weight is from muscle....not from fat.
  • ccayoung
    ccayoung Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'9" and would love to get down to 140 but would be very happy with a toned 150. I am like most of the other posters, I would look sick at 125. I would have to be sick in order to get my food loving body down to that. LOL!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    my body fat % of 13.5% shows that I am lean, and my weight is from muscle....not from fat.

You pic tells me the same.... Nice.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    In '96 I lost down to a size 9 and still had a little giggle on my belly and thighs. I don't recall what my weights was but I looked smaller than I was. I'm 5'9 and my goal is around 150, but I'd like to see what my BMI & % of body fat is at that time. If I weighed what you weigh I'd look very sick and unhealthy. So I must be bigger boned than you. I do need a 10" ankle bracelet.

No idea what my build is, but I have quite broad shoulders, and my wrist is 6 inches, ankle is 8.5.
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm always amazed at the range of weights at this height.

I am 5'9" and was about 145 at my lowest (high school). I am currently ~158, down from somewhere over 170, and could be happy here but am hoping to be at a range of 153-157 at maintenance. I cannot imagine being 125 -- I must be big boned. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I was 180 at 17, and looked good. I want to get back there, then do a bodyfat test to see if I need to readjust.

Frame size -- large, by any of elbow breadth, wrist circumference, and shoulder breath.

I second the recommendation to get your bodyfat checked.
  • karibuni
    karibuni Posts: 12
    Options
    Am 5.11 aiming for 75 kilos. I am 105 kilos now
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and happy at 145lbs, of course that usually shifts between 145 and 150 depending on the day and what had for dinner last night.

My original goal was 140 but I've found that getting that low and maintaining it is too difficult.
  • SilkyHotspur
    Options

No idea what my build is, but I have quite broad shoulders, and my wrist is 6 inches, ankle is 8.5.

with a Medium build, and 5'10", look for 150...or thereabouts....don't be afraid to eat, don't be afraid to workout...you won't look butch :-)
  • ncahigh
    ncahigh Posts: 10 Member
    Options

A calculator puts a 6" wrist on your height as a small frame.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10
    SW 175
    CW 146
    GW 135

I am ok with my weight. I've been hovering for the last year or so. I really love the way I feel when I am fit though, which is why I'm focusing more on these goals and am hoping the weight just comes off as I reach them.

Short term
    Run 100 miles in June!

Long term
    6 minute mile time
    Complete the NROLFW program
    Run a half marathon in 2 hours
    Do 20 pushups
  • graelwyn
    Options
    At 5'10" you're pretty tall for a woman. There are a number of sites with frame size calculators....find one that has instructions for elbow frame size calculator. Use this to determine small, medium, or large frame. Too often, people will assume a frame size, based on their weight, which is incorrect. Once you find your frame size, match that to weight range. At first glance, 125lbs seems a bit light for someone 5'10", however, not knowing your body fat percentage, it is hard to gauge, and with a medium frame 145 would appear to be a better range....again, this depends on each person and how they want to look.

example....my BMI of 26 puts me at overweight, however, my body fat % of 13.5% shows that I am lean, and my weight is from muscle....not from fat.

Tried one of the elbow frame size guides, and it couldn't give me a result as my wrist says thin frame, while my elbow says broad frame.

My wrist is 6 inches around and my elbow is 3 inches diameter.

Unfortunately, the wrist and elbow methods do not agree with each other. The wrist method says that you have a thin body frame while the elbow method says that you have a broad body frame.
  • SilkyHotspur
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and weigh between 155-160 pounds. I'm happy here and I'd be happy if I was a few pounds heavier.

I'd like eventually to drop my BF % a bit more (currently around 21-22%), but I don't want to be lighter than I am.

*big smile*...always happy when I see women wanting to put on good weight..

21-22% is almost lean...depending on age....if you want to increase mass, drop body fat %...increase the leg workout...squats..lunges, etc..get the big muscles involved in the legs and back, let them burn the fat for you...

http://www.accufitness.com/images/pdf/accufitness-accumeasure-bodyfatchart.pdf