Gettin' lazered

Options
2»

Replies

• LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    So i just had my first treatment today. :smile:

So the woman area was first. It didn't hurt along the edges, or between the legs, but it started really pinching in the middle section. Yowsa. Kind of felt like being stabbed w/ a needle. And sometimes it hurt, sometimes it didn't, so the anticipation was what made it worse.

So then I asked the tech if the underarms would hurt as bad. She said oh its NOTHING! You'll do great!

I have never experienced that kind of pain. The underarms made me squeak and squeal, I was holding on to a stress ball and just about popped it. :noway: I have a really high pain tolerance, have had 2 tattoos ( no babies tho). It was worse then anything i've had done. Thank goodness it was faster then the woman area. I just kept thinking...never have to shave, never have to shave...over and over in my mind. :ohwell:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Ice packs, Ice packs!!! prevent swelling!
  • LivyJo
    Options
    Yay! Very stoked. Getting the woman area and my underarms de-fuzzed. permanently! Cant wait! Anyone had this done?

Curious - how much is each treatment or is it a by area price for you?

So I kind of think i got a good deal, only because the gal on the phone quoted me wrong. The pricing is per treatment, per type. I bought 5, got 2 for free (they do packages). For both the underarms and the bikini area it came to $1200. However they were having a 20% off special, but it wasn't supposed to be on the packages. So I got it all for $960.

The nice thing is, if it doesn't take the 7 treatments (they estimate btwn 5-7) I can then roll those usages over to something else. Like my moustache (although i bet that would really hurt!) or legs or something like that, or even facials cellulite treatments, or whatever else they offer.
  • LivyJo
    Options

Good call. And lots of chilled aloe.
  • czewwhat
    Options

Good call. And lots of chilled aloe.

updates? pain, swelling?
  • LivyJo
    Options
    absolutally no pain, no swelling. Weird right? She told me it would feel like a sunburn or something for a few days. But really, I have not felt any discomfort whatsoever. Sunday starts the exfoliation, which is when the hairs start to fall out. I am pretty excited about this part! :glasses:
  • remarois
    Options
    I have had parts of my face done, I have done multiple treatments and its still not gone! :sad: Hopefully you will have better luck!!!!! :smile:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I went to the Dr.Phil.com site this morning, sent them an email about Mike. I hope everyone on this site does the same. Mike works very hard to keep this site going, it has changed all of our lives and I hope that if enough people do the same Doctor Phil will give mike the recognition he deserves!

Ready Go!!!!!!!!!!! Lets see if Doctor Phil will do something great for our great site creator!

drphil.com write nice things tell him how Mike has helped you. it will feel great!
  • LivyJo
    Options
    Its been a month, and I thought I would give you an update. The bikini area, where she lasered me is about 75% gone already, with just one treatment. I started off with just 3 fingers width both inside and outside the bikini "line", to take it slow. My underarms its about 25% less hair then when I started. I think that the thicker the hairs, the longer it takes, which is why the bikini area is taking so well, and the underarms slower. But so far I am very happy with the treatment and would recommend! :smile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Like CZ, I've only had my face zapped to remove some very large/dark freckling after baby #2
    I was going to look into hair removal but heard from a few people that it is a lengthy/painful procedure and that it is very hard to become completely hair free and you may still need to shave/clean up..so I figured I didn't want to waste my $

Oops, just read your update...glad to hear you are happy and all is going well

Good luck and please keep us posted!
    Kim
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I think I might need a touch up, it has been a year since mine. Darn sun damage! I am not hairy so I am blessed there! good luck!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I so wish I could have every bit of my hair lasered. I hate hair, except on my head that is.:laugh: I have very thick hair and a lot of it. I have to shave now:sad: I HATE IT!! I'm going to check into getting the private area done. I wish I could get my legs done too.