So who all is from the great state of TEXAS??

Options

Replies

• Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just outside of Austin here!!:happy:
  • serhioramos
    serhioramos Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Probably already posted here again... Native from Dallas but I go to school in Houston.
    19 and 5'4" with about 30 pounds to get rid of... forever!

Feel free to friend me.
  • lechrome
    lechrome Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Currently deployed but live in San Antonio, TX. On a journey to acquire a six pack just to see if I can get one, been doing good so far but figure I would give this a try to get that extra weight off, I kinda leveled out.

Feel free to add me!
  • K179
    K179 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi im from san antonio home of the * SPURS

Yeah,baby! Same here! San Antonio. Walking buddies would be cool,as long as you don't shoot me! LOL
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Living in the lovely land of Sugah! Aka Sugar Land, Texas - sweetest place to be. :drinker:
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    < west TX
  • Britbratkins3
    Options
    I'm from Lubbock! :)
  • karleen1973
    Options
    I am from Melbourne australia but married to a Texan. He often comments about the heat and working out there. Just wanted to say g'day. I am heading your way next April. Can't wait to see your gorgeous state.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have lived in Texas and Fl. And those hot days in the summer can be unforgiving. Sometimes I remember going outside and not seeing a single person in the park in FL. You keep doing what you're doing. Getting up early and making no excuses.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Houuuuuuuuuuuston, Texas.
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just outside of Dallas.....Need to lose 30 pounds and this heat is killing me! During the weekends I can get up early and do my run/walk before it gets too hot! During the work week I am trying to git-er-done before dinner......I love being outside....but it is It's a sweat fest and misrable! Can't wait for fall and winter.....Promised myself that I would get out there for 60 days in a row....Only 56 more days to go (ha ha ha.)
  • TerrorMayor
    Options
    Hiya!

Representing Arlington :P

I too work-out outside. It's a pain; but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
  • poshcouture
    Options
    <<<< Houston, but moved to Illinois w/in the last year. I miss the heat and humidity? :noway:
  • CoxTX
    CoxTX Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    South Texas here, a little town that's close to nothing but little towns. About an hour north of Corpus Christi. Lived in Texas most of my life, been cussing the heat and humidity the whole time.

I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread . . . anybody else in S. Texas? Beeville? Skidmore?
  • Double_Tapp
    Options
    Hello from North Texas. Just finshed the Hotter N Hell endurance ride on Saturday. Looking to add friends!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    H-Town here and yes it's hot as HELL! People in other areas complain about the heat but here in Houston you start sweating the second you walk out the door. We needs some wind.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Bryan College Station area here :-) I grew up in Houston, but am now working at Texas A&M University!
  • melschaoticbliss
    melschaoticbliss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    North of Houston here! I live in small town and we don't have any big fancy gym's to go to. It makes me miss the big city (only a little). But I try to workout early before the heat or late, elsewise I keep my workouts in the house. :)
  • cgillentine416
    cgillentine416 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am from the Santa Fe... It's inbetween Houston and Galveston.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Native Houstonian (more the Clear Lake area, but still)!

I ran (or at least tried to run) my first 5K a couple weeks ago and now I remember why I'm so fond of my gym membership. Holy seventh level of hell, Batman! 90 degrees at 9am with 80 percent humidity is just ridiculous.