Greetings from a gamer!

Options
I just signed up a few days ago when a friend mentioned this site. With the food and exercise tracker, I really think I can pull off my goal.

Motivation seems to be my biggest enemy. I'm a gamer (and reader). So I tend to sit around playing World of Warcraft. Diablo III, and The Sims 3.

I started lifting weights a few weeks ago, and I'm up to 5lbs per arm. That was a big push to really lose some weight. I used to walk an hour or more each day in warmer weather couple years ago, but I developed Agoraphobia that kept me housebound. I'm on medication now, and the Agoraphobia isn't as bad, so I can go out and about again!

Also, three kittens fell into my lap in November of 2011 (they were abandoned outside of my home, and they were only four weeks old). I adopted one out and kept two. They are my babies. <3

Nice to meet you all, and I hope I didn't bore you too much.

Replies

• davidmcgowan1987
    Options
    dafuq

frabz-English-Motherfer-DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT-7f8b5a.jpg

lol hi nilithyana, welcome to mfp and good luck
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site :-). Fellow WoW player here.
  • MalloryJo93
    Options
    Another female gamer with a housebound issue! I'm not the only one! I love sims3, and have played diablo and WoW. Do you have a system, or prefer pc games?
  • Nilithyana
    Nilithyana Posts: 21
    Options
    dafuq

English Motherf*****
    Do you speak it?

lol hi nilithyana, welcome to mfp and good luck

lol Gotta love random, nonsensical comments.

And thanks for the greeting!
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a D3'er myself. Welcome!
  • Nilithyana
    Options
    Another female gamer with a housebound issue! I'm not the only one! I love sims3, and have played diablo and WoW. Do you have a system, or prefer pc games?

I have a Wii, but I game on a PC only.
  • Nilithyana
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site :-). Fellow WoW player here.

Love your picture. Scuba diving is a ton of fun!
  • Nilithyana
    Options
    I'm a D3'er myself. Welcome!

Hello there! And thanks!
  • Xenastrah
    Xenastrah Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome fellow gamer! Im a WoW geek too :o)
  • Nilithyana
    Options
    Welcome fellow gamer! Im a WoW geek too :o)

Hello! I've logged way too much time to WoW, as I'm sure many addicts of the game have.
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    There are a few gamer groups here! One I am particularly fond of is the Girl Gamers!
    Welcome and good luck on your new journey!
  • Nilithyana
    Options
    There are a few gamer groups here! One I am particularly fond of is the Girl Gamers!
    Welcome and good luck on your new journey!

Thanks! I"ll have to check that out.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I play Diablo 3, invulnerable minions give me nightmares at night. I'm on a WoW break till the exp pack. Anxiety sucks, I suffer from it initially on everything and have to will myself out of it.

Feel free to add me.
  • Crystallyne
    Options
    *glomps on Nilithyana* Now I'm going to stalk you. I hadn't tried posting in the forums yet, I suppose I should think about introducing myself too! lol

<-- The gamer girl friend who introduced Nilithyana to MFP.
  • marvelscale
    marvelscale Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't play any of those, but I do spend too much time either on the PC or Xbox :(
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    mfp is gamified fitness
    You aim for a low green number each day. that's winning the skirmish.
    leveling up is when you lose pounds or inches, or gain muscle whatever your goal.

Someone has a thread where he dictates the level ups, but I find this a bit dungeons and dragons masterish
    I set my own level ups.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I have played WOW before but my old time sink was Everquest--circa 1999 for quite a few years after as well...

Anyway, you can still play but you have to also play this food/exercise journal game as well :)
  • T1Life
    T1Life Posts: 15
    Options
    Hiya! I play WoW too, along with survival horror games! Silent Hill being my fave.

I'm trying to lose roughly 50lbs and eating a low cal/low carb method. I've struggled with exercise, over the last 3 years I have rarely moved a muscle, recently I have taken up walking, I suffer a little with anxiety and people scare me, so I got a treadmill (: Its a start for me

Feel free to add me :)
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    Was addicted to Soma for ages, then fable, then back to Zelda from childhood. Oh its never ending. But yes, another female gamer here too :) ha.
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Elder Scrolls!