Ugh....landlords!

Options
2»

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I like the branch through the window too. Why don't you call your landlord and ask him to either have her remove it or he remove it himself as it's his property, not yours.

This is true. It's your landlord's dispute with her.... not actually your dispute.

If GTO's renting the space from a landlord, it's technically her space, therefore it's her beef. The landlord is responsible for mechanical maintenance of the house and property - shrubbery isn't mechanical in nature. Particularly when it isn't shrubbery on THIS side of the fence.:ohwell:

I am the temporary guardian and owner of the property belonging to my landlord via my $550 check every month. I rent a house with a yard, and if my neighbor decided to throw her clippings from her bush, on her side of the fence abutting my yard- into my yard, simply because the branches were hanging over the fence on my side, I'd throw them back over. She's more than welcome to come into my yard to pick up her clippings.

How much do you want to bet that if GTO had taken the initiative and decided arbitrarily to clip the branches hanging over the fence, in her yard, she'd have never heard the end of that either?

Agreed, she is renting therefore the space is hers, but the landlord might be able to give her some insight to the neighbor. He does own the place and might know the woman. If she is a crazy old woman who has fantasies about the world invaders, or just a woman who might be lonely and having a bad day, conflict is contact with others too. Life sometimes sucks, I know you probably don't want to hear it, but clean up the mess and get rid of the stress. Is a stroke worth it. Just think of yourself as doing something nice for an old woman, that can't be all bad. She is probably lonely, frustrated and wanting to get things done that are beyond her abilities. If she fell in the street, would you help her up?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I like the branch through the window too. Why don't you call your landlord and ask him to either have her remove it or he remove it himself as it's his property, not yours.

This is true. It's your landlord's dispute with her.... not actually your dispute.

If GTO's renting the space from a landlord, it's technically her space, therefore it's her beef. The landlord is responsible for mechanical maintenance of the house and property - shrubbery isn't mechanical in nature. Particularly when it isn't shrubbery on THIS side of the fence.:ohwell:

I am the temporary guardian and owner of the property belonging to my landlord via my $550 check every month. I rent a house with a yard, and if my neighbor decided to throw her clippings from her bush, on her side of the fence abutting my yard- into my yard, simply because the branches were hanging over the fence on my side, I'd throw them back over. She's more than welcome to come into my yard to pick up her clippings.

How much do you want to bet that if GTO had taken the initiative and decided arbitrarily to clip the branches hanging over the fence, in her yard, she'd have never heard the end of that either?

Agreed, she is renting therefore the space is hers, but the landlord might be able to give her some insight to the neighbor. He does own the place and might know the woman. If she is a crazy old woman who has fantasies about the world invaders, or just a woman who might be lonely and having a bad day, conflict is contact with others too. Life sometimes sucks, I know you probably don't want to hear it, but clean up the mess and get rid of the stress. Is a stroke worth it. Just think of yourself as doing something nice for an old woman, that can't be all bad. She is probably lonely, frustrated and wanting to get things done that are beyond her abilities. If she fell in the street, would you help her up?

That's true enough!! :heart: GTO, pick the branches up and thank her for helping you burn an extra 50 calories for the day toward your weight loss goals..!! :laugh:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

I'd think about helping the woman out if she hadn't made the comment to the kid. That was more out of line than the branches. I'd let the police take care of it. Then she will know she can't throw things in your yard. Or make rude comments to a child.
  • czewwhat
    Options

That's true enough!! :heart: GTO, pick the branches up and thank her for helping you burn an extra 50 calories for the day toward your weight loss goals..!! :laugh:

Then make up a nice plate of all the fattening crap you don't want to eat anymore and say hello to the neighbor! She won't know you would have thrown it in the garbage anyway! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She will be very nice to you in the future because you were nice to her! have a blessed day!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I cleaned up the branches because I felt sorry for the neighbor lady (she's a single mom), not because I felt particularly charitable to the crabby old landlord.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    That was very nice of you! I am sure she is relieved to know you did not go crazy!