When does CURVY become FAT

Options
SerahLaffere
SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
I, being overweight have been called 'curvy' I feel like it's one of those compliments that people think they can't go wrong with.

But then again, people call Beyonce curvy (she has a lovely body!) And she in my opinion is slim.
But curvy yes.

What in YOUR opinion is curvy?
I don't think someone with a stomach and legs like mine, curvy. But not fat. Overweight yes. And I'm obviously doing something about that (whole other story haha!)

Now the hour glass figure. Perfection! (In my opinion) Everyone is different :)

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A defined waist /thread
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    When the profile pic becomes your cat instead of you.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

<-- see?
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    But it's Pikachu!

Well Catchu :D
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

<-- see?

See, that's tricksy, because I think I've seen you post somewhere before and you are nothing but gorgeous.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I think the traditional definition of the hourglass figure is a 10 inch difference between your waist and your hips/boobs.
  • victoria4321
    Options

<-- see?

See, that's tricksy, because I think I've seen you post somewhere before and you are nothing but gorgeous.

Probably mixing me up with someone else. I don't really post pics online. I'll still take the compliment though :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    When BMI goes over 25 according to CDC.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I think the traditional definition of the hourglass figure is a 10 inch difference between your waist and your hips/boobs.

What if you have smallish hips with a ghetto booty??

I'm curvy if I stand sideways
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    curvy is as its implied its curves....defined breasts, hips, waist and behind. You can be big and curvy or small and curvy.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    But it's Pikachu!

Bless you.
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    But it's Pikachu!

Bless you.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA- I'm not sure if you meant it how I took it but I think you implied she sneezed!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

<-- see?

She's never been anything on here but pikachu (err, catchu)...since I've known her.

But yes...she is gorgeous :).

To the OP...curvy becomes overweight at the same point that any other body shape becomes overweight. Niner called it (though I hate that retarded BMI chart). My statement would have included a bodyfat percentage instead...but even that is semi arbitrary.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It depends on weight distribution. People who are naturally hour-glass shaped tend to look curvy regardless of what they weigh (to a certain extent, obviously).
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Are you saying a bmi of over 25 is curvy, or overweight? Cause if I get to a bmi of 28, it puts me well in the healthy range.
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    When there is only one large curve, ie you become spherical, I would consider that past curvy.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Are you saying a bmi of over 25 is curvy, or overweight? Cause if I get to a bmi of 28, it puts me well in the healthy range.

SorryI digress, was thinking body fat percent, not bmi...before everyone yells at me, I am correcting myself!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

hahaha! I always think that people assume that I'm hiding behind my profile pics, but I don't feel especially photogenic so tend to post up pinup girls. Now I KNOW that people assume I'm hiding behind it.

I personally do think that you can be curvy and fat...curvy and muscular curvy and fit....for me I think it just depends on the ratio and proportion. I'll show examples of what I think defines those categories...

Curvy and fit/muscular
    my-butt-is-big-nike-ad.jpg

Curvy and fat (I hate using that word to describe someone...sorry whomever this picture is.)
    plus_size_model_velvet-1.jpg

I personally think I'm curvy and overweight....thats what the mfp calculators say and I'm sticking with it. ;) My goal is to become muscular and fit I know I'll keep my curves as this happens. My body shape can't change from what it is.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It depends on weight distribution. People who are naturally hour-glass shaped tend to look curvy regardless of what they weigh (to a certain extent, obviously).

ABSOLUTELY agree!!!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    curvy is a shape not size

you can be skinny and curvy, fat with no curves, fat with curves, skinny without curves

though if you're naturally curvy you can get so skinny OR so obese they disappear.

But yeah, a lot of people say curvy when they mean overweight.

I had A/B cup boobs when I was 15 stone (I'm 5' 5"), while some people have D cups at 11 stone. Curves are genetic, you can't change the shape of your body.