Ladies doing P90X?

Options

Replies

• pinkwhisk
    pinkwhisk Posts: 41
    Options
    I haven't found many ladies doing P90X and wanted some friends to help keep me on track, and I'll be supportive of you as well. I'm working the lean schedule, just started last week. I also workout for about 20-30 each morning (c25k and RI30), and after a full day running around the office, occasionally have trouble getting off my keister in the evenings for an hour or so with Tony.

I'm loving P90X, by the way! If you're interested in the program, especially if you completed a program like Ripped in 30 and are hungry for more, please join me! You will NOT get bulky.

I am starting tomorrow!!
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I just started P90X today. I've done it before several times but have always stopped after a month. I really want to do the full 90 days this time around since DH and I are going on a cruise the end of August. Anybody else starting today?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X today. I've done it before several times but have always stopped after a month. I really want to do the full 90 days this time around since DH and I are going on a cruise the end of August. Anybody else starting today?

Pretty much. I started last Monday but had to miss out on two workouts, so I'm starting over today. Ran 3 miles this morning already, and I'll do Core Synergistics this evening. Are you doing Lean or Classic?
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I'm doing the classic. I did chest and back this morning. I am going to do cardio x instead of plyo only because I'm just getting over some knee pain from training for a 10k race.

Good luck!!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm on week 5 and I already feel leaner and stronger. Haven't seen anything on the scale really but that wasn't my goal. I want hott abs! LOL
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am starting p90x next Monday and am very excited. I am finising my second round of Insanity this Saturday with a rest day and then p90x on Monday. Can I join?
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 full rounds of classic version and have done 1 full round of p90x2. Now I'm doing a mix of both x1 and x2. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 5. I am loving it as well. I haven't seen too many results yet...though i do look at myself every day so its hard to notice. I do notice more muscle in my arms though and that is fantastic. Feel free to add me. More motivation and support is always good.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last few weeks of P90x2
  • MRJ717
    MRJ717 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i just started today! im excited to see what kind of result i get. im going on vacation the middle of september and hoping i will feel amazing in my bikini.
  • kallisto208
    Options
    I've considered doing the classic on a second cycle but I'm trying to lose weight as my main goal, however I keep hearing that more muscle burns more fat and calories so I'm tempted to do the classic to get that strength then keep on the lean until I reach my goal *shrug* not sure, depends how I feel after finishing round one I suppose.

I had thought about mixing things up and doing some boot camps or zumba at a local gym that just opened until I met the trainer this past weekend and wanted to punch him in the face for being such a stuck up ******** (insert your own insult there lol) so I think I'll stick with P90X cause frankly, Tony is hilarious and makes the workouts fun.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i'm doing p90x, starting week 8 this Thursday and LOVING it, i'm doing the classic routine, feel free to add me!
  • gsordahl
    gsordahl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am doing p90x as well! I have done 3 weeks of classic, then decided to start over with a friend!! Currently, week 6 day 2 on classic. Love having more friends! Feel free to add me!
  • honeybee1996
    honeybee1996 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know you probably have to eat healthy foods but do you have to follow the diet plan to see results?
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is my 6th week. I'm just loving my results so far. I've seen big difference so far. Friend me so we can motivate each other.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just added a lot of you! Hope to get to know you better. It's nice to have people going through the same thing you are.

I'm nearing week 7 of the p90x Lean program. I absolutely love it, Tony included, and am bound and determined to finish it. I do get a little burnt out here and there because I've always struggled with repetition so when that happens I take a day or two off and do something else (jillian michaels, mostly) and then jump back in the saddle.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I know you probably have to eat healthy foods but do you have to follow the diet plan to see results?

I don't follow the diet plan. I just make sure to eat enough, but not too much. I typically shoot for about halfway between my BMR/TDEE. I cut out most processed foods and definitely limit my snacks. I barely lost any weight during phase 1, but now in the beginning of phase 2 it's really starting to come off. Patience is a virtue! I've lost inches and look a lot more toned.

I try to get as much protein in as possible but I rarely meet the goal I'd like. It's all a learning process, that's for sure.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

im not following the diet plan food wise,
    Im following the macroutrients for each phase though. but i eat what i want, some of that i just cant afford ;P otherwise ill be eating ham everyday lol
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of P90X! Would love to have friends on the same workout program as me!
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This thread is encouraging. I have less than two weeks left of Insanity then, after taking a week off while on vacation, I am starting P90X. I am excited to start it!