Ladies doing P90X?

Options

Replies

• bpe101
    bpe101 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I start Phase 2 tomorrow! Today is the rest day and after the last few days of cardio, kenpo, etc. I am SORE! Depending on how my body feels, I am contemplating doing the Doubles to really shed that fat. My baby gut has already dropped a lot this last month so I am looking forward to taking those 30 day pics. Any fellow P90Xers here feel free to add me!
  • DGHayden
    DGHayden Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got 35 days into P90X and then I stopped. It was hard to stay motivated. However, I am starting the program again today, but I am going to do the lean program. Does fitness pal let you add P90X workouts to help you keep track of your calories burned, or do you pick a work out that closely resembles the P90X workout you did?
  • creativephoenix
    creativephoenix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I literally just started P90X last night, Day One. I was expecting it to kick my butt seriously, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I made sure to follow what Tony said on pacing myself so I could complete the full video circuit. Although I was too pooped to do much of the Ab program afterwards. If any of you want to add me, feel free. I am so excited to bring my workouts to the next level!
  • kallisto208
    Options
    I got 35 days into P90X and then I stopped. It was hard to stay motivated. However, I am starting the program again today, but I am going to do the lean program. Does fitness pal let you add P90X workouts to help you keep track of your calories burned, or do you pick a work out that closely resembles the P90X workout you did?

I purchased a heart rate monitor that also tracks my calories burned so after I'm done my work out I do a create my own exercise, name the workout P90X whatever and put in the calories burned. Then every time I do the workout it's saved on here, I just come back in to my personal exercise list and readjust for the calories burned list that particular day and voila. I've already got a whole list saved now after 2 months and if I wasn't to save the strength workouts under the same name I just add symbols etc for it to save again.
  • cmwilson21
    Options
    I love both the P90X and Insanity programs. I am just starting back on P90X. I want to do Couch to 5K, too. I hope it's going well for you so far!
  • DGHayden
    Options
    Thank you!
  • DGHayden
    Options

I purchased a heart rate monitor that also tracks my calories burned so after I'm done my work out I do a create my own exercise, name the workout P90X whatever and put in the calories burned. Then every time I do the workout it's saved on here, I just come back in to my personal exercise list and readjust for the calories burned list that particular day and voila. I've already got a whole list saved now after 2 months and if I wasn't to save the strength workouts under the same name I just add symbols etc for it to save again.

Thank you!
  • tesskb328
    tesskb328 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling to get through Week 1, i keep putting it off but right now I would be on Day 5. I tried to do this once before and didn't stick with it long enough to see results but all my friends always see results after Week 3 or so. I really want to keep this up instead of be bored by it.
  • casiescorey
    Options
    I have P90x, and as a matter of fact I'm recovering right now from doing the Ab Ripper X portion of it the other day! Wowzers did it rip my muscles, very very literally speaking!!!! But it's all good pain, right! ;))))
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play ladies! Love to see so many of you doing the program and not being scared off by weight lifting. Muscles are sexy IMO :wink: FYI: you will never bulk up like a dude unless you train and eat that way...just saying :happy:
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    me me me I love it
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I calculate my calories burned here:
    http://p90xcalories.com/
    Then add each as a new exercise in MFP. Each time I do one, I recalculate based on weight change, effort and deduct minutes I stood around panting and trying not to keel over. :wink:
  • philosofyschick
    Options
    I am on my 7th day of p90x and I loved Kenpo last night. I will say I think I might be a little crazy I am a big girl doing these workouts. Well doing the best I can on them. Are there other big girls that have done this or has everyone who has started been relatively smaller to begin with?
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was big when I started...not now!! lol
  • kallisto208
    Options
    I am on my 7th day of p90x and I loved Kenpo last night. I will say I think I might be a little crazy I am a big girl doing these workouts. Well doing the best I can on them. Are there other big girls that have done this or has everyone who has started been relatively smaller to begin with?

I am... still am but that's quickly changing. While I do find that there are some exercises that I have difficulty doing (jumping jacks, are you freaking kidding?! lol) I just simply modify the exercise to something simpler but so that I'm still moving and not going to injure myself trying to stress my body past what I'm physically capable of just yet. But as the weight is shedding off quickly and my muscles are getting toned and stronger, things are easier. Also, I invested in some supportive workout clothing (I like the Danskin ones WalMart has actually) and found that it helps when I'm jumping and moving around like crazy. :)
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 here on the classic!! Add me if ya want! I deffenetly need some p90xers!!!
  • philosofyschick
    Options
    Good, I don't feel alone. I'm still with it day 14. 15 pounds lighter since i started P90x. The Yoga is tough but I love me some Kenpo!
  • peacefrog08109
    peacefrog08109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 1 of P90x. Ive' been doing MFP for just under a year. I lost a little over 11 lbs initially but have not had any movement (aside from normal weight flux) since the new year. I'm hoping doing some outside of my box will help. According to team beach body I should be eating 2400 calories. Im 5'7" and 166lbs. I'm assuming the calorie counter takes into consideration that I'm doing the workouts. According to my HRM I burned a little over a 1000 calories on Day 1. I changed my calorie goal here to reflect the p90x goals. I think to maintain my current weight I need to eat about 1800 calories. I think my plan is to note the deficit on my calendar and then after a 3000 calorie deficit I'll do a weigh in. I promised my boyfriend I would stop weighing myself every day and he would be more supportive.

All that math aside, I thought I'd give up after the first day, but it was fun. Tony is crazy but awesome. And it was a great workout. I absolutely hate doing pushups but having Tony constantly say go for a goal was great. It really encouraged me not to give up and just work toward something. I'm having a little trouble taking a deep breath as my chest muscles are a little tight but totally worth it.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Love it! p90x is the only thing that I have actually kept with for more thn 2 weeks and not got bored (im doing a hybrid, but its all the same)

I like the fact that he acts as if he needs breaks too, makes me feel better :) im like "hell yer, tony horton needs a break and i dont, kick-*kitten*!"

LMAO!! I know, right! I love that about him! I started and stopped 2x :( I had defective discs and that threw me off and made me sad. I wanna start again but I don't wanna give up my 3-5 mi runs 5x a week. :/
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first round of P90X a few weeks ago, and I'm now in my first week of Insanity. I love BeachBody programs because they make it possible to get super fit at home. Send me a friend request if you need support and/or motivation!

16774070.png