Ashamed... called out by a drunk person on my weight.

Options
Honestly, I've been feeling really good about myself. However, tonight I was walking around with my friend in Miami Beach (itself a place that is incredibly body conscious) and we passed by a couple, both of whom were really drunk. They were being obnoxious and my friend and I passed by them quietly, but I guess we must have stared. The guy shouted "Hi fat girl!" and then walked off. I knew it had to be for me. My friend was disgusted and I brushed the comment off, but it bugs me now. I know he was drunk, but aren't people in their most honest states then? I thought I was doing pretty well, at 5'5" and 139 pounds. Now I feel like I haven't progressed at all.

Replies

• B21goddess
    B21goddess Posts: 35
    Options
    your not fat if thats your height and weight my dear :) your just a little bit bigger then me and people say Im tiny.. though they may be lying.
    but anyways that size doesnt seem to be ''fat'' MAYBE a little chunky? but when I read this I thought maybe you was like a 300 pounds woman.. then I would have understood.

Drunk people are retarded lol.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You're not seriously letting a drunk idiot with no filter get you down, are you? You've done great! Don't let that guy dictate how you perceive yourself. You have obviously worked hard and done really well. Next time shout an expletive back and go on with life.
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    Oh don't let the town drunks bother you. Looks to me like you've been doing just great. :flowerforyou:
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've been feeling really good about myself. However, tonight I was walking around with my friend in Miami Beach (itself a place that is incredibly body conscious) and we passed by a couple, both of whom were really drunk. They were being obnoxious and my friend and I passed by them quietly, but I guess we must have stared. The guy shouted "Hi fat girl!" and then walked off. I knew it had to be for me. My friend was disgusted and I brushed the comment off, but it bugs me now. I know he was drunk, but aren't people in their most honest states then? I thought I was doing pretty well, at 5'5" and 139 pounds. Now I feel like I haven't progressed at all.

139 pounds at 5'5" isn't even remotely fat in my opinion. He was just a drunk jerk!!! Totally ignore him and continue. :) Your weight loss is something you should be proud of!:smile:
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    actually that is pretty fit and skinny, he had to have been talking to someone else. Not you. I am 5 foot 5 and at 136 I looked tiny I would not worry about it at all. Ignore it. I would have said "Hi falling over obnoxous drunk person whose mother didnt teach them any manners and must be an embarrassment to their family" That would have just been my answer but that is just me ;)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Ignore it. Ignorant people. Don't justify the comment by giving it another thought.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol I'm shorter than you at the same weight and I don't consider myself to be "fat". I understand that stuff like that can be hurtful but honestly, it sounds like he was just some drunk jerk. Don't let it get to you. Just keep working on what you're working on and do it for YOURSELF not for other peoples approval!! :)
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    your not fat if thats your height and weight my dear :) your just a little bit bigger then me and people say Im tiny.. though they may be lying.
    but anyways that size doesnt seem to be ''fat'' MAYBE a little chunky? but when I read this I thought maybe you was like a 300 pounds woman.. then I would have understood.

Wow, really? So a 300lb woman deserves to get abused by drunk people then? And chunky? I would love to be 139lbs of "chunky" at 5'5".

OP - just ignore them. They can't handle their drink which is a much bigger issue than your weight (or lack of it!).

Well done on your weight loss.
  • jinxstrange
    Options
    Eventually you'll achieve your health and physique goals. And that guy will still be a drunk ***hole.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Uh... 139 is an awesome weight for your height. Drunk people are NOT always at their most honest when they're drunk. Often times they're at their cruelest and angriest... so try to ignore his comment and continue on your journey to becoming the best you possible. Good luck.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    my brother lovesssss mcdonalds breakfast burritos..but u give him one after hes been drinking and he throws it...nope not in the right state of mind...lol...he wont even remember he said it, people do and say crazy things after drinking..soooo yeah
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    He said the one thing guaranteed to make any woman feel bad - it wouldn't have mattered if you were anorexic thin or 300 pounds.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    but when I read this I thought maybe you was like a 300 pounds woman.. then I would have understood.

B21 - Not cool.

OP, I'm sorry he was a jerk. Drunk people are NOT all honest. Some drunk people are blind, ignorant fools. Why do you think so many people send booty call texts to their exes when they're drunk? ;)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    In 5, 10 or 15 years you will be living a healthy life while he will be a drunk on the beach. People will walk by him saying things like bum, drunk and a waste of skin. Dont let him get to you.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Anything involving the negative opinions of other people should immediately be filed under "ignore the a-holes" in your mind, but that rings double for drunk SOBs. You have to learn to ignore people, plain and simple. Also, that dude was drunk. He's clearly got some issues to sort out.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    People are in their least inhibited state when inebriated... It is too bad you did not think to retort... "Back at ya, wino"....
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You should have yelled back, "Hi, Mister my pecker is so small I have to drink myself into oblivion every night to try to forget about it guy!"
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I don't know what's worse...the fact that you seem to think it's okay/understandable to call people fat, or your blatant disrespect for the English language.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    No way! You are sooooo NOT fat!!!!!! That guy is an idiot!!!!!!!!! Don't believe what he says.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's worse...the fact that you seem to think it's okay/understandable to call people fat, or your blatant disrespect for the English language.

*like*