Cottage Cheese Anyone?

Options

Replies

• NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    So I just had a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese with a little black pepper and onion powder spread on a matzo. rather tasty!
  • applejack2
    applejack2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make ORANGE DUMP SALAD fat/sugar free
    Ingredients
    Jello Sugar Free Orange Gelatin 1 box
    Fat Free Small curd Cottage Cheese 1 small container
    Canned Mandarin Oranges (drained) 1small can
    Crushed Canned Pinrapple(drained) 1 can
    Cool Whip Fat Free Topping 1 small container
    Directions
    Drain canned fruit,in bowl combine cottage cheese with jello, stir until mixed, add fruit, cool whip, mix and refrigerate for 1 hour,serve
    Servings 10
    fat 1.1g
    carbs 7.9g
    calories 58.7
    protein 4.5 g
    I make different veriations of this . The possibilities are endless. ENJOY
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    My fav way is with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a small drizzle of honey
  • kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Such great suggestions! I don't like plain cottage cheese, but here are 4 ways I've had it:

1) mixed with diced mango and frozen blueberries (this was the best fruit combo for me - tho I haven't tried pineapple yet)
    2) fruit smoothie/shake: 1cup cottage cheese, 1 cup water, 2 cups frozen strawberries or other fruit. SO CREAMY - YUM
    3) Lasagna
    4) Enchiladas - use as filling, not on top
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love it..on it's own or mixed into a salad
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love cotttage cheese especially non fat mixed with fresh berries, or my favorite, mixed with drained tuna and a dash of lemon pepper. Loaded with protein although the sodium is kind of high. I just make sure it fits in my calorie/sodium/fat limits.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love it. I eat it with peaches, pineapples, or beets mostly. I also like it with garden salad with some catalina dressing. It can be used in place of ricotta cheese to stuff shells or manicotti. I know some people put it in smoothies - and I have done this on occassion. I buy the lower sodium choice because it can have a lot of salt. Hope you enjoy.
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have it every day with whole grain bread, topped with strawberry or blackberry sugar free jam! It's also especially good with canteloupe!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i love it... add some fresh fruit.. super yummy or just plain...
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    swetha1234 posted queries about this recently and had pages of responses- maybe have a look? It was entitled 'what to do with cottage cheese'
  • Norsegodess
    Options
    I use mines with pineapple and had it on crackerbread and top it with tomato and cucumber or on a baked potato. I love it, wasn't a fan when younger
  • tasmin21
    tasmin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese flavor just for cottage cheese flavor.

BUT, I had a friend in college who used to put diced tomatoes, bacon bits, and ranch dressing in hers.(not very calorie friendly, and I'm not sure it was cottage cheese after that)
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Am i the only one who has cottage cheese as a staple? I know it high in sodium ( i drink a ton of water ), I dont need to be on a low sodium diet . I have at least 2 cups a day

Its my main source of rptoein cause I cant afford meat.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I had never eaten it prior to a few weeks ago, but now I LOVE it!

I eat it as a snack, in fact I just got done eating some (while reading through this, LOL).

I mix 1.5 servings (3/4 cup) with 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder and some chocolate PB2 (I did 1.5 TBSP today). A very filling, tasty, and yummy 164 calorie snack that's full of protein and fills my sweet tooth craving!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just bought myself some cottage cheese today, however I am very wary and not particularly looking forward to trying it as I have heard from many that it doesn't taste very nice

You've heard.....from others......that it doesn't taste nice.

Does that mean that you've never in your life had cottage cheese before? At all?

How strange.

Anyway, I like it all sorts of ways. Straight from the carton, with fruit mixed in (blueberries, or pineapple), with chopped tomatoes mixed in (and a little bit of either Jane's Crazy Mixed-up Salt, or Mrs. Dash), and it's amazing on top of a baked potato (instead of sour cream), or on top of a veggie bake that we make (diced potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, onions, carrots, with some olive oil and italian seasoning).
  • susansoul36
    Options
    salt and pepper or with tomatoe sauce
    :smile:
  • kym6333
    kym6333 Posts: 1
    Options
    I couldnt it eat it on its own but with pineapple its fine, get a low catorie one with pineapple much nicer :)
    :smile:
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    It looks gross, but its quite good. I have mine on top of a warm bowl of oatmeal with my favorite fruit. Top it off with honey, and its a great start for your day.
  • Huggybearz75
    Huggybearz75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! I mostly eat it on my salads instead of salad dressing. I'm weird, I guess, I do not like salad dressing...lol. Cottage cheese is also good to eat with just tomatoes...yum!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Am i the only one who has cottage cheese as a staple? I know it high in sodium ( i drink a ton of water ), I dont need to be on a low sodium diet . I have at least 2 cups a day

Its my main source of rptoein cause I cant afford meat.

I am with you. I have it daily and there are lower sodium versions. I do watch my sodium intake but everything else is so low I can afford it the count sometimes.