More to love

amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone seen the reality dating show, more to love? It's like the bachelorette and all of the others ones, except the girls are plus size.

Ugh, I don't normally watch these shows at all, but it was on and I was too exhausted to change it, lol. I'm sure they are all ridiculous, but this one especially annoyed me with all these girls crying at the thought of not getting picked because this was "their last chance" to find love.

Oh please, they act like because they are bigger girls, they are leppers who will never ever find love and this silly show is the only place where anyone would even glance at the likes of them.

I think plenty of us here that are married or in relationships prove that even being overweight you can find someone for you. Even for those that are single, there are plenty of skinny people who are single too and it just means they haven't met that person yet that is for them. It also annoyed me because they talk about their weight like it's some genetic disorder they were born with, and they just have to accept that they'll never find love (save for this show) because of their size. Hello, they could try, um, doing something about it.....

Sorry, I don't have much patience anymore for people that complain and moan about their weight but then do nothing about it.

Replies

• jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    yea i agree i heard about tht show (on the radio today) if they dont like being so overweight they can change it, also plenty of guys like bigger girls and plenty of girls like bigger guys soooo yup there ya go
  • kstefanski
    kstefanski Posts: 68 Member
    Oh right on! :bigsmile:

I saw the previews for this show and I just thought to myself, "How redicilous!" People who are bigger usually don't have to stay that way, it's their lifestyle choice. I haven't watched the show, but the way you're describing it, it sounds like they're all just having a big pity party for themselves. Well, I'm tearing up my invite! I have the skinniest boyfriend in the world, and he didn't turn away in disgust when he saw me. It's not impossible to find love when you're bigger, a good portion of the coupled part of this site is definite proof of this!

I'm just glad somebody shares my views on this :laugh:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533

Sorry, I don't have much patience anymore for people that complain and moan about their weight but then do nothing about it.

I'm with kstefanski!! Right on!!! :drinker:

exercise.png
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    There is a similar thread on this topic, the general consensus is they are being portrayed as desperate full of tears hoping for their last chance women who hope the over sized guy finds true love with them!

I have no problem with their sizes, just the desperate tone of the show. Pathetic! Now all the Haters in America have yet another stereo type to pin on large people! All of the bachelor, bachelorette, reality shows are so forced! How could anyone fall in love under that scrutiny of a camera and competition that fierce. It may make for good ratings, but it is all crap if you ask me!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    I'm going to be just as hot when I get thin, as I am now while I'm fat.

I'm just hot! :laugh:

*sexy dance* Yeah!
  • czewwhat
    My favorite slogan t shirt says, "Cute is good, Hot is better"! I think a batch of confident women would have added to the show way more! And big or not, Some of them are very pretty women! How come they don't know it?!?
  • skywalker
    I'm going to be just as hot when I get thin, as I am now while I'm fat.

I'm just hot! :laugh:

*sexy dance* Yeah!
    Good for you, gemiwing!!!!:love::love: :love:

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    There is a similar thread on this topic, the general consensus is they are being portrayed as desperate full of tears hoping for their last chance women who hope the over sized guy finds true love with them!

I have no problem with their sizes, just the desperate tone of the show. Pathetic! Now all the Haters in America have yet another stereo type to pin on large people! All of the bachelor, bachelorette, reality shows are so forced! How could anyone fall in love under that scrutiny of a camera and competition that fierce. It may make for good ratings, but it is all crap if you ask me!

I saw the thread you're talking about and I agree with you completely.

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    My favorite slogan t shirt says, "Cute is good, Hot is better"! I think a batch of confident women would have added to the show way more! And big or not, Some of them are very pretty women! How come they don't know it?!?

So, you don't like the "No Fat Chicks" t-shirts?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Has anyone seen the reality dating show, more to love? It's like the bachelorette and all of the others ones, except the girls are plus size.

Ugh, I don't normally watch these shows at all, but it was on and I was too exhausted to change it, lol. I'm sure they are all ridiculous, but this one especially annoyed me with all these girls crying at the thought of not getting picked because this was "their last chance" to find love.

Oh please, they act like because they are bigger girls, they are leppers who will never ever find love and this silly show is the only place where anyone would even glance at the likes of them.

I think plenty of us here that are married or in relationships prove that even being overweight you can find someone for you. Even for those that are single, there are plenty of skinny people who are single too and it just means they haven't met that person yet that is for them. It also annoyed me because they talk about their weight like it's some genetic disorder they were born with, and they just have to accept that they'll never find love (save for this show) because of their size. Hello, they could try, um, doing something about it.....

Ha. I actually posted a thread saying the same thing a few days ago when the show was on. lol. The show won't last very long.
  • czewwhat

no I like funny logo shirts. not rude logo shirts
  • skywalker

I'm not a fan of that shirt either. I hope you know that was a joke :happy:
    That particular shirt is usually seen stretched over a beer belly :noway:

exercise.png
  • czewwhat

I'm not a fan of that shirt either. I hope you know that was a joke :happy:
    That particular shirt is usually seen stretched over a beer belly :noway:

exercise.png

yep just under a poorly shaved face with food stuck in the mustache! Yep, yep, all class, mostly third, but all class! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skywalker
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    so the cat hates barbie too?
  • skywalker

Ha! :laugh: That's actually my old Luke Skywalker action figure from 1977. I played with Star Wars toys back then (preferred them over Barbie)... He plays with them now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exercise.png
  • czewwhat

Ha! :laugh: That's actually my old Luke Skywalker action figure from 1977. I played with Star Wars toys back then (preferred them over Barbie)... He plays with them now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exercise.png

Back to the horrible t shirt logos, another all time favorite gross shirt "Free Mustache Rides " usually the other shirt the "No fat chicks" guy wears, like anyone would take him up on it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gross! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    I am also annoyed with the show (didn't see it but saw discussions about it) in that they show the women's weight, like that is necessary.
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    I saw the show. I was most offended by the tag line under each contestant. On the bachelor it would read... Jane Smith 32 Pediatrician. On More To Love it read... Jane Smith 5'6 225lbs.
    The disgusting thing about these women was not their weight but their extreme lack of confidence! I've been plus size for about 10 years, I've never had a problem getting dates, boyfriends, and yes even plus sized I got married 6 years ago and am now living my happily ever after!
    I'm sure they took the best of the girls. No confident curvy girl I know would have ever applied!!
  • skywalker

Back to the horrible t shirt logos, another all time favorite gross shirt "Free Mustache Rides " usually the other shirt the "No fat chicks" guy wears, like anyone would take him up on it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gross! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Doesn't that one come with a free beer helmet? You know, the ones where the cans are attatched...
    That's Class with a capital C!!!
    :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.