More to love

2»

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,874 Member
    What bothers me the most about this show (and there are alot of things that bother me about it) is that it advertised itself as being more reflective of reality and of the average American woman than any other reality show. Then, in its presentation, it makes these women sound desperate and shunned. If the advertising IS true (that these women are reflective of the norm), that is sending an absolutely horrible message to the average American woman since the message I've heard so far is that the average American woman (as defined by this show) can't find love.

But, for me, the worst thing about that is it is clearly not true. Plenty of American women, from size 2 to size 16 (and beyond), have found love. And plenty, from size 2 to size 16 (and beyond) haven't.

This show would have been so much better if they had simply indicated they were looking for women who appealed to their bachelor (and he seems to like more voluptuous women) and moved on. But the constant focus on weight in the first episode was all kinds of wrong (in my opinion, of course), especially in light of how the show was advertised (offering an alternative for the 'average' woman).
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    The average American woman is size 14, 150 pounds, 5'5" tall. These shows are for ratings! Period. it has nothing to do with reality! Marilyn Monroe was 5'6" 160 pounds and wore a size 14 by today's standards, then she would have been a 16. I have never heard anyone refer to her as "Average" Words like Goddess were more the norm! Even female impersonators strive to be curvy and zoftig in appearance! When will the media get it?
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    The average American woman is size 14, 150 pounds, 5'5" tall. These shows are for ratings! Period. it has nothing to do with reality! Marilyn Monroe was 5'6" 160 pounds and wore a size 14 by today's standards, then she would have been a 16. I have never heard anyone refer to her as "Average" Words like Goddess were more the norm! Even female impersonators strive to be curvy and zoftig in appearance! When will the media get it?
    I don't think they'll ever get it...:grumble:

exercise.png
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    My favorite slogan t shirt says, "Cute is good, Hot is better"! I think a batch of confident women would have added to the show way more! And big or not, Some of them are very pretty women! How come they don't know it?!?

BecAuse guys break us down and make us feel like nothing
    my boyfriend just broke up with me because I'm "fat"
    and I'm nowhere near thoes girls size

I've heard I was fat NOW ten times as much as when I was 260lbs
    guys didn't call me that....now I hear it alot...

It's a guys last resort like us women saying btw your ****s small...hahaha
  • czewwhat
    We as humans are not responsible for any ones actions, we are very responsible for our reactions!

The show picked these women to make ratings, period, to cater to the public view of insecure "overweight" not as good mentality that is too pervasive in our society! If a man tells you you are fat and wants to break up with you, shake the dust off your shoes and walk! He does not deserve you! It is not about you at all.

Have you ever heard the old saying, never trust a skinny cook! There is room for all of us in this big old world. I tell the media, Get over it! Vote with the remote! Do not watch that crap! you will just be buying into it!

I am losing weight to be healthy! to be more fit and for myself! I have always been beautiful, sexy and very happy in my married life. Big or small! More to love gets the big single finger salute from me on this one!
  • czewwhat
    Go to this link and let fox know what you think of this shameful abuse !

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=moretolove#

you can register and leave your comments there! Who knows, maybe they will make the show a bit more upbeat if enough people tell them how horrible they are!
  • czewwhat
    bump
This discussion has been closed.