WEIGHT GAIN DURING TOM???

Options
13»

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Normally I notice it during the week before. This past cycle, I noticed a change about 10-14 days before it started, mostly in my breasts. I don't know if that had more to do with ovulation or what. By the time my cycle started my breasts stopped feeling so heavy and sensitive but by then I was in the throes of my usual bloating. It went away afterward.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Funny this should be asked today as I am currently riding the cotton pony. I gain 1-2 days before and feel like a water ballon the day of. I weigh the least the day I ovulate.

That's hilarious!!! :laugh:
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: WHEN DO YOU GAIN WEIGHT DURING TOM? IN THE BEGINNING OR TOWARDS WHEN IT IS ENDING?
    At the end, then it dissipates abput 3 days after its done.

As for the "its not TOM, its the food u eat": I disagree. I've regimented my diet that week several times and stil retain water...like clockwork. Again each body is different and blanket diagnoses are a bad idea.
    It doesn't matter how I eat either. It comes and goes much like my period itself right on schedule.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I NEVER HEARD OF THAT HAPPENING DURING TOM! YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIEATELY!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Always the week before and during and then by the time it's gone I'm back to where I started, however this month I managed to maintain my weight and so when it was done I was actually down which I find much better HAHA!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I NEVER HEARD OF THAT HAPPENING DURING TOM! YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIEATELY!

SQUAWK! want a cracker?
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a day or two before, but mostly in the middle since I tend to retain water during my period.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As strange as this may seem, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival (and speedy departure soon-after) of this month's "visitor", so things will get back to normal!!!! Grrrr!!!!!! It seems like the week BEFORE Aunt Flo, I cannot drop a single pound. I eat well, I workout, I drink water (that's ALL I drink). But nothing happens. Then the week OF her visit I drop a pound of two (maybe) and thats it until she leaves... then its back to business as usual. But man, this stinks!

I am so thankful for MFP and these forum posts, though. Whenever I feel like I am all alone out here, I can search for a topic like this and see that this has plagued many of my sisters in arms out there! lol

Thanks, ladies!

Kimi