How often does everyone weigh in?

Options

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    first thing every morning and record it in my spreadsheet so i can see how my calories/macros affected me, but it does not affect my moods at all.

i only record every friday

i think the key is finding what works for you and sticking to it
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    Once a week. My boyfriend hides the scale on me till them because I've been known to obsess and weigh myself multiple times a day.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I weigh myself every Wednesday first thing in the morning:bigsmile:
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    every 3-5 days.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Monday's - stupid day, I know. BUT I don't have a scale, I use the one at my mum's... and i am there every Monday... so it made sense.
  • Islasgirl
    Islasgirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am following Bob Harper's Skinny Rules and now weigh every morning. It keeps me motivated even if there is a bit of a gain. I no longer like bad surprises! Just way too old for that!
  • Mc_Queen
    Mc_Queen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Every 5 weeks, on Saturday mornings before I eat or drink anything :)

Now that I'm losing I'm tempted to weigh in more but I feel like it will make me obsess over every little pound instead of living life and focusing on being healthier, which is the whole point. Plus it's less about the number on the scale, more about inches, how your clothes fit & the way you look/feel.

Totally agree. I'm trying to remember this!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Once per month - sometimes every 6-8 weeks. Just depends.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log a loss when I've seen it for awhile. I note what my weigh was for the day in my food notes on my diary.
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    H
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If I've been doing good and step on that scale and see it go up my motivation goes out the window and figure who cares if I eat bad, I didn't loose anyway. I think every two weeks will be best for me.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy but twice a day. I like to weight myself in morning and at night. I dont want to lose too much weight to fast. I am trying to preserve as much muscle as I can.

I do the same, but because I'm curious about how much my weight fluctuates between morning and night. I've learned that it's about 1 1/2-2lbs between night and morning ... occasionally 3.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy but twice a day. I like to weight myself in morning and at night. I dont want to lose too much weight to fast. I am trying to preserve as much muscle as I can.

I do the same, but because I'm curious about how much my weight fluctuates between morning and night. I've learned that it's about 1 1/2-2lbs between night and morning ... occasionally 3.

I only log once, though-- Saturday morning.
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I know its bad, but twice a day.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on Saturday mornings as soon as I get up. It's easy for me to skip weekday mornings as I am out the door by 3:30 for work every morning and I'm not foolish enough to weigh myself when I get home. After eating and drinking all day(I try to down a 36 ounce bottle of water by the time it's quitting time), there is no way I would get an accurate weight!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I go into the bathroom, because I'm OCD like that. I only record it if there is a significant difference and I only record morning weigh-ins because you gain and lose throughout the day, so I want my weigh-ins to be accurate, same time every day will keep it that way.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I hardly ever get on the scale anymore. During my weight loss phase, I was literally OBSESSED when it came to weighing myself. Now that I'm where I want to be - judging by what I perceive in the mirror - I don't care what the numbers say. I can finally tell myself, "Hey, you look great naked." Besides, muscle weighs more than fat. If the pants are feeling a bit snug, I need to work a little harder. If they're feeling a bit loose, I know I can take it easy.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    I weigh and track every morning.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. Any more than that isn't healthy for me.
  • amberleighM04
    Options
    Once a week... on Sundays