How often does everyone weigh in?

Options

Replies

• HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week (wednesday morning), but take my measurements once a month and try to go more by that than my weight. Even though you know it's more about the inches, though, tt's hard to not obsess over the number.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Some say its bad and I will obsess over it but I dont. I know its gonna go up or down depending on the day.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week mostly, unless it's my time of the month. I fight the urge to weigh myself a couple days before my weigh in, like a "preliminary weigh in." Especially when it's close to the last Friday of the month (when I measure myself and take my progress photo for my progress album on Facebook to update my friends who kinda follow me I guess) because I wanna report a good number! :P
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I have to stay around the same weight three days in a row before I record it
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually Wednesday AM.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bi monthly....once at the beginning and end of each month i used to see progress and binge to sabotage myself now i have no idea i am fighting in the dark so i fight every day
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    Daily, but that's just because that's what works for me. It keeps me motivated, keeps me honest, and I really look forward to my daily weigh-ins. =)
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, morning and night!
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Once a week and I only record the weight loss once per month. I tried the daily weigh in and it about drove me insane. The weekly/monthly routine works well for me. :smile:
  • CynthiaWinnie
    Options
    my trainer only allows me to weigh in once a month. I fought it, but it was the best idea. Not obssessed over the scale anymore.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but only post my weight on Saturday mornings - after workout and before food.
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    to often
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every night. I do this to see how much I gain during the day and then see how much I lose when I wake up. It fluctuates from 3-4 pounds a night. I drink so much water lol!
  • slimmerandslim
    Options
    The fitness program I was in years ago (and where I lost 30 lbs) taught me do it once a week. Body weight can be temperamental day-to-day, and if you weigh too often you'll go crazy. You're looking for changes across a long period of time -- and so you probably want to weigh in across a week's worth of time as well.

When I did the program we met on Thursday nights. That became my night for weighing. It meant that I'd see my progress before the weekend... and i'd want to HANG ON TO that progress. So I'd carry my discipline for eating well into the weekend... which worked out really well!
  • docdevore
    docdevore Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday when I get out of bed. But maybe two or three times during the week to make sure I stay on track.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Every day a couple times a day. I find the fluctuations fascinating!
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Once a day. In the morning after I wake up.
  • joeynigro1
    joeynigro1 Posts: 28
    Options
    everyday but only log it if I lose.
  • monjet13
    monjet13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in every other week, that way I don't obsess over the little fluctuations in my weight.
  • xobrookiecutiexo
    Options
    I would say that twice a week would be a good idea! Once in the middle of the week to make sure you are eating the right things and exercising enough to maintain your current weight or progress, and then once at the end of the week to record how you did! Definintely don't obsess over it! Hope I helped :)