Hey Fat Girl!

Options
13»

Replies

• kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. True motivation for me as I am getting ready to run my first 5k in 11 days. In my mind when I started this journey, I said I am not doing it to race, but I am doing it to just do it and say I have ran a 5k. Yesterday, I did it on the treadmill in 42 min and 30 sec. Long time, but I did it. Some don't think that I am fat - but I am and I am determined to run it this year!
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
    I am totally that fat girl running, so this is great to read!

I have experienced the fact that real runners are actually incredibly gracious, supportive and nonjudgemental. I'm sure there's the occasional D-Bag... but I haven't met any

(and... I read the whole thing so I know the OP didn't try to "pass it off" as her own, thanks for sharing!!)
  • lchansen1
    lchansen1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Get out there and shock yourself Sabrina! Running is a mental sport and when you're mind is ready, you're gonna be amazed at what your body can do! I have been helping a really close friend of mine with this struggle and she can go a whole 35 minutes now, it truly is an awesome accomplishment, and a mental one! I couldn't be more proud of her efforts and their results! Keep pushing and there is no telling what you can do :smokin:
  • Lindac672411
    Lindac672411 Posts: 108
    Options
    That was powerful!
  • eesmetana
    eesmetana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! FlintLand is a great blog.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That was awesome!!!

I frequently pass by people who are quite overweight, running. I always want to encourage them but like you said, They are usually looking at the ground and blaring their headphones. I am truly impressed by these people. You can tell they are embarrassed and ashamed but they are still out their giving it their all. Occasionally one of them will look at me and I always give them a big smile and a hello or a wave like I do everyone else. They have just as much right to be there as me and deserve even more encouragment and acknowledgement then anyone else!
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love this. Thanks for posting :D
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That just made me cry lol. Beautiful
  • jennipea382
    jennipea382 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I've always wanted to get into running but part of the reason I haven't is because I am that "fat girl". I get tired super fast and I'm in pain if I run too fast or for too long. This reminded me that we all start somewhere. A lot of runners out there started as that "fat girl". If they can do it, so can I!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Even as a guy, this is very inspirational. As a previous male poster mentioned, some of us started as "Hey Fat Boy" and now we are runners. It's an awesome community to belong too in all shapes sizes colors speeds abilities distances etc.

Keep up the good work ladies!