What OTHER weight loss things did you notice?

Options
ice1200s
ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
Aside from the obvious health benefits of weight loss, what other pleasant, or not so pleasant, things did you notice after you lost weight?
The good for me, is not having to hold my breath and cramp my stomach while tieing my shoes or cutting my toenails. :-)
Iguess the only bad thing is, my clothes hang on me and I'm having to buy new clothes. Even my hats and shoes feel looser. :-(
Have a GREAT day!
Ciao, Marc

Replies

• nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    I can wear heels finally and not have them kill my feet! I used to only be able to wear heels for 10 minutes before they hurt, now I can wear my highest of heels (5.5 inches) all night and they don't hurt! :] For a shoe lover like me this was an amazing benefit to my weight loss!
  • RenjisGurl
    RenjisGurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My shoes feel loose, and I can clean without getting as tired from bending over and holding my breath. :D
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Much better balance. Now I can reach the ceiling fan cords on my tip toes ;)
    Before, I needed a stool
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've needed to put new holes in a couple of belts, I have to tuck the sides of my uniform shirts to keep them from bunching, and my cheeks aren't getting squished as much by my motorcycle helmet. My feet hurt less. I can reach across to the pockets on the other side of my body to grab my clip knife. Soon, I will be able to reach into the pockets on the other side of my body and rummage around for loose change. :)

Edit: Also, I snore less and sleep better. That's even counting the various aches and pains from getting back in shape and tearing up muscles and tendons.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing to me was feeling shorter in the car. When I go to sit on hard surfaces there isn't that fat pad, now it's just bones.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Less colds, sleep better and improved skin.
  • stjerneskin
    Options
    My rings fit a lot better on my fingers and I can fit into all the very expensive clothes I bought years and years ago (classic items).
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    my feet and bra size shrank (both were bonuses in my opinion. I always felt like a B cup, but could never find them in my larger frame size until I dropped 80 lbs)
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    The more i exercise and drop weight the more i notice how much less i breath/ heart rate drops.

At first it scared the hell outta me,
    im sure i breath about has a much now and my heart sits at about 55-65 bpm now
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    sorry but WOMEN the heavier I was the worse my TOM became...Now almost 80 pounds lighter it's normal, and the way it should be:)

Can climb stairs without breaks, and needing air:)

No more wondering if I will make it through the night or will I stop breathing:)

I can go on, and on but that is just to name a few:)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    1. for some reason it seems like my elbows got pointier
    2. i cannot leave the house without a belt anymore
    3. my face has really cleared up thanks to drinking all water all the time
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Belly doesn't touch the steering wheel. Easy to sit in a booth at a restaurant, easy to get up and down off the floor. Feet are smaller, more energy, new clothes! Who would have thought they have such cute running clothes. Running skirts, shorts, tanks! I love it! I don't get as hot. I love running around with my grand kids. Knees usually don't bother me anymore. I love running into people I haven't seen in a couple of years and they have no idea who I am. : )
  • Bambooblade
    Options
    I had to take two links out of my watch & I've dropped a shoe size. wasn't expecting that. lol!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can wear heels finally and not have them kill my feet! I used to only be able to wear heels for 10 minutes before they hurt, now I can wear my highest of heels (5.5 inches) all night and they don't hurt! :] For a shoe lover like me this was an amazing benefit to my weight loss!

I noticed the same thing!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I enjoy hot weather sooo much more. Last year I hated it, this year I've been going running in it! X
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My belly button isn't as deep as it used to be! I used to call it the "abyss".
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Also I feel the cold more in the winter! X
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    My favorites are...

1: My boobs look bigger...even though they are not...lol
    2: My hip bones...I think the hips are the sexiest part of a body...not bony...just there...and I finally have them!
    3: My shoes are smaller! I have big feet...size 11...but now a size 10...it is a lot easier to find cute shoes.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Belly doesn't touch the steering wheel. Easy to sit in a booth at a restaurant, easy to get up and down off the floor. Feet are smaller, more energy, new clothes! Who would have thought they have such cute running clothes. Running skirts, shorts, tanks! I love it! I don't get as hot. I love running around with my grand kids. Knees usually don't bother me anymore. I love running into people I haven't seen in a couple of years and they have no idea who I am. : )
    I actually took a picture the other day while I was driving my husbands car. My belly used to touch the steering wheel and now I have a good 8 inches gap. Also I can cross my legs. I couldn't do that before.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    my smaller backside = more legroom on planes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!