What OTHER weight loss things did you notice?

Options

Replies

• emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    -I used to have to inject insulin 5 times a day..now my diabetes is controlled through diet and excercise
    - new clothes...love it but super expensive
    - no more blood pressure medication
    - can fit in my car better
    - people talk to me in public instead of shunning me
    -

the list goes on and on
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    my smaller backside = more legroom on planes

I just noticed that this month! I hadn't realized. Also - the seatbelt buckles with no problems now, and I can put my arms on the armrests again without any weird effort.

I also can do yoga poses easier, can see my toes without sucking in my belly, and I have ....collarbones!

So exciting.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have to buy new clothes

My skin got clearer

Girls started turning their heads to look at me when i pass by

My cycling speed DOUBLED

I no longer get winded doing ordinary tasks

My house is cleaner as i have more energy nowadays to clean it

The amount of trash i throw away has decreased

My poo doesn't smell as bad, and its on a regular schedule, once a day (high fiber content in fruit and veg)

Daily heel pain is GONE!!!

My mind is clearer/i think better and faster

There are, i'm sure, many more benefits that i forget at this moment. I notice new things everyday. Life has changed completely, for the better, simply by eating more fruits and veggies, and (mostly) quitting the meat, dairy, and processed food.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    ~I seriously need to have my wedding ring resized!! :grumble:

~Weight scale, food scale, scaling a large hill, scraping fish scales off a tasty ono
    >scales RULE!!

~No "lovehandles" anymore...YAY!!! :smooched:

~I can actually run away from *kitten*....bring on the zombie apocalypse!!

~Who loves bikini season? ME!!!!!

~I always think before I eat :wink:
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The good: I threw out my back last year, and ever since I started exercising it hurts far less. My heart murmur has quieted , I don't have as many palpitations. I feel better, happier, like I can do more. My skin is even better, believe it or not. My body just feels like it's running better.

The bad: All of my clothes don't fit. All of them. And, even though OP is a guy, and this might be TMI, -- my boobs got flatter! Hate that the most.. :( Also, my toe-nails got messed up from all the running, and I started getting more athlete's foot issues.

Your shoes sound to small, did you buy 1/2 size bigger for your running shoes?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    My pants are loose in the thighs, aside from falling down a bit more.
    I don't mind exercising as much, and am more excited to try new things (bike riding, etc.).
    I crave unhealthy foods less.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My boobs are smaller :C

The pad of fat and skin under my boobs is also smaller :D

I look good in practically anything :D

My arms are the last place for the fat to leave :C

I can walk up stairs and jog without becoming asthmatic :D

My family teases me about being skinny again :/
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Wow! These ARE some great things! Some other things I noticed:

I'm off the C-PAP machine since I sleep all night without it now, and don't have to get up three times a night to pee.
    I'm off my BP meds.
    It's harder to sit on hard surfaces because my butt is bonier. :-)
    Lots of positive feedback when I posted after pics on Facebook!
    My girlfriend is nicer to me and keeps a closer eye on me!
    I have way more more energy ( My girlfriend has mixed feelings about that one!) .

Keep it going!

Ciao, Marc
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So many positive things:

- off cholesterol medication
    - off diabetes medication
    - lower BP
    - loose shoes and motorcycle boots (didn't realize this would happen)
    - women aggressively hitting on me (flattering and somewhat amusing)
    - incredible annual physical improvements

negatives:

- costs a fortune in new clothing ($600 riding leather - $150 cut - suits - dress slacks - shirts - jeans - boxers - shoes - etc)
    - back pain (this one is strange and a new thing to me)
    - boney butt sitting on hard surfaces
    - many people who have known me for years only want to talk to me about weight loss now and how I've done it
    - Biker Bros now calling me "Not So Badd Bob"

It's all good though!!!
  • TiffaniUT
    TiffaniUT Posts: 23
    Options
    Although it is bittersweet, my pants are falling off of me and I have to buy new clothes. Now, I am trying to wear all of my favorite clothes all the time so I can "mourn" them before they get donated because they will forever be TOO big for me! :)

I've noticed that I sleep better now. And I don't breath as hard as I used to. However, I feel like I sweat a lot more now than before. I'm still always feeling hot!

I feel so much more confident! This one may be silly, but I think my dog behaves better, especially on walks, because I am more confident and my posture is better and he can tell I'm the "pack leader" haha.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The positive for me would be:

- the great feeling when I finish a long walk. I feel so alive.
    - all my clothes no longer fit me.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    No more heartburn keeping me up at night!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have problem sitting on hard surfaces because of the lack of padding on my butt.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No more heartburn keeping me up at night!

Yes! I used to have heartburn every single night and now I couldn't tell you the last time I had it!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I can sleep on my side once again without feeling pain or shortness of breath.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Although it is bittersweet, my pants are falling off of me and I have to buy new clothes. Now, I am trying to wear all of my favorite clothes all the time so I can "mourn" them before they get donated because they will forever be TOO big for me! :)

I've noticed that I sleep better now. And I don't breath as hard as I used to. However, I feel like I sweat a lot more now than before. I'm still always feeling hot!

I feel so much more confident! This one may be silly, but I think my dog behaves better, especially on walks, because I am more confident and my posture is better and he can tell I'm the "pack leader" haha.

I went through the majority of my wardrobe yesterday afternoon. I had to get rid of a few things that just looked rediculous but I found a few things that are leaning towards being to big but I put them all at the front of the closet so I can get in some use before it's too late!!
  • jaykneisel
    Options
    touch toes, cross legs, tie shoes with my knee up near my face, pick up things on the floor WITHOUT a grunt, seat belt has alot of slack, rings are close to slipping off, can sit up from a laying position without a aforementioned GRUNT, can crawl on the ground without knees screaming at me, climb a ladder one foot over the other, sleep thru the night without having to pee every 3 hours because of that nasty soda! endurance and stamina are amazing. and i cant WAIT to see how it feels to lose 25 lbs MORE! great job to ALL of you who are "doing it". i never believed it would be this easy after finally training myself to just eat right and exercise.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    GOOD -

Some of my spider veins are disappearing, especially the ugly ones on my feet. And, I haven't added any new spider veins in the last year! :happy:

Lots more muscle definition. It is fun to look in the mirror and see rippling. :wink:

My feet are much less sensitive to cold, which may also have to do with the minimal shoes I wear. :glasses:

BAD -

Hard surface sitting issue - check. :huh:

New wardrobe - check. :sad:

My feet are more sensitive to shoe pressure. I've gotten rid of the itchy, scratchy footwear that my less padded feet cannot handle anymore. :ohwell:
  • tracyface399
    tracyface399 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! I am getting frustrated that my husband turns the AC on all the time. I never used to be like that!
    I enjoy hot weather sooo much more. Last year I hated it, this year I've been going running in it! X
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great:
    Blood pressure down
    No heartburn
    No little kids at the pool talking about the "fat lady"
    Extra energy

Bad:
    Loose skin
    Having to give up my cute clothes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!