Spectacular Shredders (start Aug 1st) all welcome!

Options
1235»

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone-
    Just returned from vacation. Out of the 10 days with travel for 2 days down and 2 days back I did the shred 6 days. This was a hugh goal for me as I NEVER exercise on vacation. And everyone was saying "oh your on vacation worry when you get home". I usually would get up and have it done before anyone woke.
    I do have to admit I did not log any food but I tried to make good choices (in between the margheritas). Last year I went on the same vacation and I gained 6lbs in the 10 days. This year I gained 2.5, although my goal was maintain I am confident that it will come off quick, as soon as I drop back to the 1200 calories a day and minu all the cocktails I will be fine.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    After two weeks of being back and forth to Wisconsin for family things I did the shred today. Granted I did a TON of walking and swimming in the past two weeks...but I also ate WI state fair food
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    I'd like a little perspective, please.

I am still on level one. Everyday, I either increase in endurance (all butt kicks, stamina while doing jumping jacks) or improve in form. I am to the point were I can do all pushups with good form - but am still doing the "girl" pushups. Everyday, I break a sweat.

All that said, however, it is not nearly as painful to complete as it was in the beginning. I'm rarely sore anymore, and if I am , I just have to do some of the warm-up exercises and that seems to loosen me up just enough. (I am sure my sore shoulders come from better form while strength training, and the pushups:wink: )

So my question is: When should I move on to level 2?

I have no problem staying on level 1 for as long as necessary. I thought at this rate, I could stay on level 1 for 30 days, level 2 for 30 days, and level 3 for 30 days! :laugh:

What do you all think? Especially for those who've moved on already. Was there a big difference between levels? I want to have a good workout everyday, and as I've just barely mastered all the steps, I'm reluctant to move on before I'm ready.

Thanks for all your help! Keep shredding!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    ive been on level one for what seems like forever. and considering the weight I want to lose even if I do have to do each level for 30 days a piece Ill do it and it wouldnt bother me lol
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Merkert: I found level two is not that much more difficult then level 1, I switched just for variety. It has some different exercises that just work your muscles differently. You may find it effective to give it a try, it is also a great workout and some elements are the same, or very similar. You can always switch back to level 1 or even alternate the two. Like so many things, it is the getting in a habit and getting some movement in everyday that is important.
  • mehapp
    Options
    Thank you so much.
    I believe I will try level 2 on Monday. The weekends are hard enough to squeeze it in. :laugh:

You guys are great!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Unfortunately, I never got around to taking my measurements - and now, I really wish I did. I can definitely can tell a difference. Maybe others cannot, but I feel a difference. It's strange, how I've lost the last few #s. My rings are looser, and I have wrists again! I don't know if the rest of my arm is much smaller, but I'm happy to have wrists and elbows that are bony again!!! :bigsmile: Also, some nice definition in the shoulder area.
    I can tell my tummy (huge trouble area) is tighter and is getting smaller (it will take a while), and I'm very happy to report that I have not needed to change bra sizes. :blushing:

Altogether, I've lost 7 Lbs. since the first.

How's everyone else doing???

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou::flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So I have a question, I have heard from people that there is a nutritional plan to go with the DVD but obviously it doenst come with it, so does anyone know anything about it at all? Im very curious
  • mehapp
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders!!!

Just curious, is anyone up for another month?!?

How is everyone doing?

What were your results this past month?

Did you consider the shred successful?

I'm definitely in for another month. (I'm leaving for vacation in two days, and plan on shredding)

I've lost 9 Lbs. since the first.

I consider that a huge success, considering that I took that week in the middle when life was totally crazy.

Good Luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be continuing. I am really happy with the toning I'm getting from the shred. I'm not as dedicated to it as I should be, will try to be more consistent this month. I've been really working on the Couch 2 5k so that takes my main focus and then I fill in on my rest days with the shred.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be continuing. I am really happy with the toning I'm getting from the shred. I'm not as dedicated to it as I should be, will try to be more consistent this month. I've been really working on the Couch 2 5k so that takes my main focus and then I fill in on my rest days with the shred.

I am doing the exact thing...I have seen you on the run topic also. I am now on w2d2 today. Did the shred yesterday on my "off" day.