NSV- Summer dress shopping! But are these yes or no?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
Ok so my last post like this I was all excited cuz I fit into a size 1 dress but the dress itself was a miss. I returned it and found these. Only one of these is a size 1, but the others are 3s and I'm cool with that lol. This will be the first summer I actually am enjoying dress shopping! I never wore dresses before, so I'm real new to figuring out my best cut and fit and all that. Which is the reason for my post...

These dresses were found in the "casual sundress" section. If you could be so kind as to please tell me if these are infact casual enough to wear on a day-to-day basis that would be great. And if you please tell me if the cut and fits work (or do not work) that would be amazing as well. I am not ashamed to admit I need help! Thank you!!

newdresses65.jpg

newdresses61.jpg

newdresses63.jpg

newdresses6.jpg

newdresses62.jpg

newdresses64.jpg

Replies

• jessiesunshine
    Options
    I think they are all adorable... They dont clash with the tatoos. I think the colors compliment them. But I'm not the best with fashion.. so I'm not the best judge.. Either way.. the fact that you can fit into them now.. and walk with confidence is an inspiration. :)
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You look hot in all but the last one, it doesn't flatter your figure.
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think #1 & 4 are great casual dresses! #2, 3 and 5 are a little dressier maybe for date nights in my opinion and I agree teh last one is not flattering, you have a hot body, you want clothes that fit it!!! ;)
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like the white and black ones. I like the Turquoise floral because of the cut. not a huge fan of the purple/pink
    I do not like the other florals at all.(. sorry. I feel they are too busy, with your tattoos. they also look a little midwestern mom for me. again, that is just my opinion and my style may differ from yours. I am also heavily tattooed... I stay away from florals because of the tattoos... doesnt wok for me either. :) you are beautiful btw!
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    YOU LOOK UHMAZING!! The black is definitely my favorite considering your style but all the others look great with your body and skin color!
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    First off, I loooove your tattoos and hair. :D

My favorites are definitely the first and third ones - I feel like some of the prints may be overwhelming for day-to-day casual wear when your body art is so vibrant. The white one is especially adorable on you. The 5th one (white/black/hot pink) is really, really cute too. Definitely a winner for a summer evening or social event kinda dress.

The 2nd, 4th, and last ones are my least favorite. I think the 2nd one would be better with a different bra, though. The cut is very flattering on your. The 4th's print is a little much for my taste (but that's personal pref), and the last one is cute in a laid-back kind of way, but it isn't the most flattering of them all.

All in all, great finds! And congrats on wearing dresses for the first time! You really do look amazing. <3
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    I like the white and black ones. I do not like the florals at all.. sorry. I feel they are too busy, with your tattoos. they also look a little midwestern mom for me. again, that is just my opinion and my style may differ from yours. I am also heavily tattooed... I stay away from florals because of the tattoos... doesnt wok for me either. :) you are beautiful btw!

ahaha I am a midwestern mom lol. :p I'm tryin to broaden my look and try to get more femininity in there instead of always bein "edgy" (but edgy is certainly fun!)
  • SFbarmaid
    Options
    also, where did you find the black dress? I want one! :)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Black.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The black one is y favorite. It's so beautiful!!!!
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    also, where did you find the black dress? I want one! :)

these were all gotten at JC Pennies....
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    Number 1 (with different undergarments) is adorable.
    Number 5 (Pink, black and white) looks amazing on you.

Both will go from day to night with a change of shoes and a cardigan.
  • SFbarmaid
    Options
    hahaha.. too funny.. Im a mom too... I have been collecting vintage for 15+ years, and am finally fitting back into my old stuff..(yay!) time to go to my storage!!
    but yeah, its hard sometimes to be feminine and functional while chasing kids. Remembe..it's not what you wear, its how you wear it. :)
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    I'm thinking about taking the last 2 back... I dunno if I am still feelin them lol. I really like the second one, but I dunno if it's too dressy or not?
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like the first one a lot and the 3rd is nice as well.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I really like them all except the last one. It's only an "ok" IMO
    You look great!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I like all of them except for the last one!
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    white & purple
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i like all of them except the first and last.

i think its the belts that im not crazy about on those.... id probably like them more beltless

and i think the 2nd one is a little too low cut for 'every day casual' but i guess that depends on YOU lololol