NSV- Summer dress shopping! But are these yes or no?

Options

Replies

• spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    What's with you and the belts?? LOL! Stop it!

lol they come with them! i think i need to go further into the mall than pennies.... damn anxiety :/

Hahahaa....I HATE that!! I almost always end up using different belts, if I HAVE to wear one. But if possible, I just cut the belt loops!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    I think they all look great on you! My favorites are 2 and 3. Not a huge fan of last one. But thats just my opinion. You can wear all of them well!

Yeah, listen to the hot guy! :laugh:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I really love the first one and I think it looks great on you! I'm not a big fan of any of the others, just not my style really.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    The white one, the black one, and the pink one all look amazing.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    the white and the black one is my favee! :)
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I'm thinking about taking the last 2 back... I dunno if I am still feelin them lol. I really like the second one, but I dunno if it's too dressy or not?
    I feel like going a size up might look better for the second one. Not because it's too tight or anything like that, but it's a little short for your height and the bust area seems a bit small on you as well, if it's a size 1 or 3 then it's most likely just because it's a juniors size so it's made for less developed girls. But that's just a suggestion, hopefully it comes off with good intentions because that's my goal!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I really like #1 and I like #2. I think #3 is awesome from the front, but might look better from the back if it were a uniform length.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    gawd I suck at this. I dunno why I even bother!!! I think I am gonna take 'em all back except for the black and the white one. :/

No you don't! They are all reasonable dresses. Shopping is hard, and it's great that you are trying to branch out and try new things.
    I definitely agree!
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    My favs are #1 and #5...
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i love the white one. not so hot on the others. a couple look a little too high school girl and a couple look chintzy.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes to 1, 2, and 3. 2 is a little bit va-voom, so I would keep that one for date night, etc, but that's just me. I try to keep my ladies in check while I'm hanging with the kids!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like them all, but #1 is my favorite....The white really compliments your skin tone...HAPPY SHOPPING :flowerforyou:
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like them all but the last one, and 4 is flattering on you, but my personal style I don't like the cut at the bottom, if you do I say keep it because it is flattering. The color in the last one is VERY attractive on you, but I don't think the shape shows off all your hard work! The black one is more dressy and I think would be good for a date night, the white one is definitely everyday dress.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the white and black solid ones for sure! I'm not too thrilled about the last one, it looks like a potato sack. You've worked hard for your figure, don't let that one bring you down! ;)
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The white looks AMAZING! I`m not a fan of the second last one or the black one. I don`t think they flatter you like the others. (The lace skirt on the black looks like it hangs funny compared to the liner and the second last one makes your hips look wider than they are.)

Congrats on all of your hard work! You look amazing!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think you should keep 1-3 and 5...They look awesome with you tats and figure
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    First off...great work! You look fantastic. Dresses are fun. I LOVE #1 on you. Very summery and pretty and the black one is very pretty as well.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    All of them except the last one look amazing!! You rock those!
    the 1st one is a wear anywhere casual. The next 3 could probably be worn in a little more fancier settings, with 2 & 4 really being pretty on you, 2 on the sexy side, 4 a bit more toned down.

As a side note, your ink is awesome!
  • Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    Number 1 and 4 are my favorites. But I will give you the advice my sister gives me, "It could look amazing, but if you aren't comfortable in it, it will show." You don't want to be fidgeting all day because you don't really love it.

I think one of the hardest things as a younger mom is the selection of clothes. Most of the clothes in the "women's" section seem very old lady, But the trendy things are usually "juniors." It is a really tough battle. Especially for someone who is edgy.

I also suggest taking someone with you. Preferably a girlfriend who can pick things that you might not pick for yourself. Sometimes too many opinions (from us on MFP) can be more overwhelming than the shopping!

Good Luck!!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You look great.. the first one is my favorite by far! I think the soild prints look best on you. Belive it or not, but I love a lot of the jersey knit dresses they have at old navy. I have several and always get compliments on them.