Help a Confused Undereater :(

Options
2»

Replies

• CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Remember, BMR is not your maintenance. I plugged your numbers into http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator and it said your maintenance is 3100. BMR doesn't really have anything to do with anything on a day to day basis, TDEE (maintenance) is what is important.

You are eating at a 1500 cal daily deficit which you obviously know is too little. Can you not eat more?
    can't eat an abstract value "more"
    Would need to figure out more in relation to my exercise cal burned...or even what my darn BMR is to begin with.

I know my body stalls easily, just need a lil better than ballpark to know where to go from here

Why don't you believe this is your BMR?

What does MFP tell you it is (under tools)?

Here is another site

http://www.drgily.com/basal-metabolic-rate-calculator.php

Sure they are all estimates and there are a few different equations but if you are getting roughly the same number every time it is probably right.

On the other hand, your BMR doesn't really matter. Let's say your TDEE is 2800 (average between the site above and the scooby site). 20% of TDEE is the maximum deficit I have seen recommended. That would be a deficit of 560 per day, so you would eat 2240. Note you would not eat additional exercise calories because they are factored in to that TDEE.

If you want to try to lose 2 lbs per week, take a 1000 cal daily deficit and eat 1800 total cals per day. If you're not losing on that, my advice would be to bump it up, not down. I assume you're posting this because youre not losing?
    Mhm, I've stalled out and it may be shifting in a negative direction.

I eat close to 1800 most days (1700+) but stil nada! I can only assume the issue is I've upped my cardio. But I'm truly perplexed. I will try my hardest to add a couple hundred more cals but it is physically taxing to eat that much.

Thank you btw :)

No problem, hope it helps. I am also trying to eat 1900 cals per day and sometimes I just can't, for both physical and psychological reasons. Hope you find something that works!

Thank u, and I think I empathyse. At the very least I sympathyse. Just more than I can think to eat.
    All the best !
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    nm
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    Um.. pretty sure one doesn't get to 262 pounds by chronic undereating.....

snarky much?
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    nm
    Ummm okay. :drinker:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    I hit the wrong button, didn't want you to think I was saying that to you :)
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Remember, BMR is not your maintenance. I plugged your numbers into http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator and it said your maintenance is 3100. BMR doesn't really have anything to do with anything on a day to day basis, TDEE (maintenance) is what is important.

You are eating at a 1500 cal daily deficit which you obviously know is too little. Can you not eat more?
    can't eat an abstract value "more"
    Would need to figure out more in relation to my exercise cal burned...or even what my darn BMR is to begin with.

I know my body stalls easily, just need a lil better than ballpark to know where to go from here

Why don't you believe this is your BMR?

What does MFP tell you it is (under tools)?

Here is another site

http://www.drgily.com/basal-metabolic-rate-calculator.php

Sure they are all estimates and there are a few different equations but if you are getting roughly the same number every time it is probably right.

On the other hand, your BMR doesn't really matter. Let's say your TDEE is 2800 (average between the site above and the scooby site). 20% of TDEE is the maximum deficit I have seen recommended. That would be a deficit of 560 per day, so you would eat 2240. Note you would not eat additional exercise calories because they are factored in to that TDEE.

If you want to try to lose 2 lbs per week, take a 1000 cal daily deficit and eat 1800 total cals per day. If you're not losing on that, my advice would be to bump it up, not down. I assume you're posting this because youre not losing?

This is sound advice. Try eating high caloric food like healthy fats (coconut oil, avocado, nuts) to get more calories without having to necessarily eat more food. Also try eating more often to get more food in, as well as drinking some of your calories.