Your thoughts on....

Options
RainxPain
RainxPain Posts: 152
A 15 year old girl, dating and having sex with a 27 year old man.

No, this isn't me. It's my "best friend" whom I've known for 12 years now.

I think it's disgusting. He should be in jail, and she should be sent off to military school. She's no where near as mature as he is, and I personally think he's just using her to get what he wants.

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    He should be in jail. Her parents should be charged with child endangerment. Your friend should be in therapy.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Call the cops now and report it. Your friend may be angry for a while, but she'll be safe!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Call the cops now and report it. Your friend may be angry for a while, but she'll be safe!

this
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Agreed. You can call anonymously and they have to investigate it.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

this

Why are you not calling the cops, cps, somebody,
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This isn't some foggy moral ground like an 18 year old dating a 60 year old, it's a clear cut case of illegal sexual contact, report it to the police, please.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    He should be in jail She's no where near as mature as he is, and I personally think he's just using her to get what he wants.

It is illegal. Statutory rape. Call the cops. Now.
  • brigitbella
    Options

^this. NOW!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    ewww, gross. There is something wrong with a man who is that age and having sex with a teenaged girl. I'd anonymously tell her parents, just to keep her safe.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    just not right..... Tell her parents, leave a note somewhere If you dont wanna have a problem with your ´friend´
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Yeah...that's illegal in most, if not all, states. Statutory rape will put him on the Sex Offender Registry in his state for a long time.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

^this. NOW!

AGreed. Everyone in the US is a mandated reporter of abuse and this is abuse. Not sure what state you're from, but this report can be made anonymously through your Dept. of Social Services. If it is you, please talk to some responsible adult in your life. I wish the best for you and safety for your friend.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I think it's disgusting. He should be in jail, and she should be sent off to military school. She's no where near as mature as he is, and I personally think he's just using her to get what he wants.

It's called statutory rape. Man, I can't even begin to think about how I'd approach that. Will you call her parents? Talk to your friend? Call the police? (Do you have proof?) Although an investigation might be enough to stop your friend.

Although her behavior is not what you'd hope for in a 15-year-old, why should she be punished with military school? She's a minor and she's not the criminally liable party.

Again, man.

Having read some of the other comments, I think an anonymous complaint might be best, but find out if they actually do something, and if they don't, submit another report and/or contact the parents. I think contacting the parents, even anonymously, is a good idea. Or maybe contact her school and ask them to contact the parents.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Also, his parents don't care. Her dad hardly cares that she smokes and does drugs. And I've been getting things together with my mom to call the police soon.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options

It's called statutory rape. Man, I can't even begin to think about how I'd approach that. Will you call her parents? Talk to your friend? Call the police? (Do you have proof?) Although an investigation might be enough to stop your friend.

Although her behavior is not what you'd hope for in a 15-year-old, why should she be punished with military school? She's a minor and she's not the criminally liable party.

Again, man.

^ This.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Her parents should be charged with child endangerment.

But you don't even know what the parents know, if anything. She might be sneaking off with this guy when they think she's at soccer practice.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Also, his parents don't care. Her dad hardly cares that she smokes and does drugs. And I've been getting things together with my mom to call the police soon.

What does your Mom have to do with what you do? How old are you?
  • torisaurosrex
    Options
    Instead of calling the police maybe you should see if the guy even knows how old she is. I would at least tell her that you are going to tell her parents or police first so at least she would have the opportunity to end things on her own instead of ruining two peoples lives. It is what a real friend would do.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    That's an awful situation to be in. I hope you're able to do something that will help. But you're right, you can't ignore it out of friendship.

I'm usually a hard-*kitten*, but for some reason, I wish there could be a first attempt to resolve it without the authorities. But it doesn't sound as if the parents are prepared to do anything and your friend doesn't have a guilty conscience. I'm assuming your friend isn't a total creep otherwise you wouldn't have been friends with him for 12 years.

What a mess.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    The consenting age is 16 over here,
    Ive yet to meet a girl who did not loose her virginity at 15

Have you tried speaking to the girl? Is she mature for her age?
    Might be an idea to actualy see if someone is being hurt before you destroy a mans life.