AUGUST No late snacking

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Okay, question.

First two nights, great -- no snacking after 8pm,.... only one problem: I did HIIT training on the elliptical tonight, for a total of 30 minutes of cardio, and I have 348 calories left (a combination of leftover cals from the day, and my 270 exercise cals).

I can't eat them? But I'm supposed to eat them... right? How does that work? Somebody chime in.

I think that if you don't eat back the calories for one day, it's okay. But you should make sure that you ate most of your calories at dinner or earlier in the day, instead of having some left over late at night and then thinking it's okay to snack.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    3 nights without snacking . . . and yes, I'm counting tonight because there is NO WAY I am giving in. I actually don't feel hungry at all!:bigsmile:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm totally in! Sorry I'm a couple days late. I'm going to set my time for 8pm. This will be kind of a challenge, but it will will help me go to bed at a decent time at night too : )
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    we report weekly?

whenever is good for you, loathesome
    I need to do it daily. though now I'm only reporting fail :sad:

Russia, eat them, if you feel like it. Tam said she didn't eat all the exercise calories back. I wish I were that strong :grumble: :angry:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, question.

First two nights, great -- no snacking after 8pm,.... only one problem: I did HIIT training on the elliptical tonight, for a total of 30 minutes of cardio, and I have 348 calories left (a combination of leftover cals from the day, and my 270 exercise cals).

I can't eat them? But I'm supposed to eat them... right? How does that work? Somebody chime in.

I think that if you don't eat back the calories for one day, it's okay. But you should make sure that you ate most of your calories at dinner or earlier in the day, instead of having some left over late at night and then thinking it's okay to snack.

Okay, thx... it's just that I didn't check the numbers until after 8pm and realized what I did... as it happens, I did have a very small bowl of bran with a tiny bit of milk and 1/3 of a banana around 9pm for a total of 120 cals because I really was hungry after 8oz of water.... FAIL!!!!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Okay, question.

Okay, thx... it's just that I didn't check the numbers until after 8pm and realized what I did... as it happens, I did have a very small bowl of bran with a tiny bit of milk and 1/3 of a banana around 9pm for a total of 120 cals because I really was hungry after 8oz of water.... FAIL!!!!

Nah I don't think that's a fail. After doing HIIT they suggest you have a small snack around 100 cals that has a good proportion of carbs and protein and it sounds like you got that plus some fiber so you should be fine. :happy:
  • dewdrop
    Options

Nah I don't think that's a fail. After doing HIIT they suggest you have a small snack around 100 cals that has a good proportion of carbs and protein and it sounds like you got that plus some fiber so you should be fine. :happy:

I second that.

If you want to know what FAIL is, I can describe my last night's adventure. But I'd rather not :blushing: .
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

I second that.

If you want to know what FAIL is, I can describe my last night's adventure. But I'd rather not :blushing: .

uh oh......
  • louread
    louread Posts: 4
    Options
    I will give this a try. This is my biggest issue. I will cut off at 8pm. I never fall asleep before 1 or 2 so this will be a challenge.
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I've heard from all the trainers at the gym I used to work at before I moved that you should have something to eat within an hour of working out to keep your metabolism up. So if you work out late, you need to at least have a small snack.

I did well last night. YAY one day down LOL
  • ThePoptart
    Options
    Oh gosh this couldn't have come at a better time! I am so guilty of this and I just keep doing it even though I tell myself every day NO MORE! So I think if I am a part of this, with a lot of other people doing it too, then we will ALL have a better chance at succeeding.

So yes I know I am a few days late but I just found this thread and I'm starting TODAY! :D:flowerforyou:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Poptart!
    I'm a night owl so my cut off time is going to be 8:30pm this will also force me to get my workout in earlier!
    Great thread, keep it going! :drinker:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi to the group, especially to dewdrop for keeping the challenge going. Amazing what you started so many months ago! Good luck to you all!
    Zaza
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    Thanks for this, I don't usually, but last night I had a whopper of a MEAL at midnight!! I will set for 8pm, 9 on my late workout days (3 days a week). I'm so happy that I feel I'm doing this with others for a change and not by myself...I am in THIS house (two teenagers and a snacking husband!!)
  • lisakaroo
    Options
    Im new to this whole thing but i feel motivated after reading all the posts...im in starting tommorow....
  • fitgal411
    Options
    4 nights done!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    so i snacked again last night :( i passed one day out of 4 i believe? =/...last night i watched a scary movie and ate 2 of the vanilla wafer things they look like small rectangle things...and half a peach... d0h
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Another fail last night .

AFter finding out ONE of my sons stole something from the place my OTHER son works, and as a result, they FIRED him, I am now officially the only income in a house of four people.

So because I paced my house for an hour in SHOCK, I found myself drained and a little hungry - I drank water, but then needed a little bit of food. Not much mind you, about 6 saltines but still...
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    I had 10 green grapes last night, AFTER I ate them I realized the no snacking challenge...I will try again tonight. :noway:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Keep trying, ladies! So will I (back to day 1, btw :angry: ).