Midnight Snacks -- Do you log them in?

Options
2»

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you consume it, you gotta log it. :happy:

For me, if I eat or drink something before I go to bed on Monday night, I log it for Monday (even if the clock says it's technically Tuesday). I put it under Snacks.
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I have a midnight snack, which is rare, I do not log it because I am a liittle mad at myself for going over and I don't want to see it in writing! I make sure all I have are healthy snacks though, in case I go into a snacking mode, then I don't go over too much. I also try to buy single serving snacks. If I have a box, I tend to eat a lot more!!! Sometimes the box....(well not the actual box....)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter where you log it. Your body does not reset at midnight. Just log it in somewhere. But definitely log it. Eating at midnight does not mean those calories don't count and/or add up.

Lies all Lies I want scientific proof

If you drink a 6 pack of beer at Midnight and a bag of potato chips it does not magically get un-counted because it's the hour the bell chimes and Cinderella has to get back before the carriage turns back into a pumpkin...
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have late night snackes and I log them. Usually not midnight.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The worst part is that I bring it in the bed! Sometimes I'll grab a can of pringles and just snuggle with it. lol.

OMG, this was kinda funny,... but Im not laughing at you. I miss eating chips so I can totally see wanting to snuggle with a pringles can. =-)

My cousin suffered from the same thing,... she ended up putting all her snack foods in her car because she was a sleep eater.
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am a midnight snacker, and a sleep eater, have been since i was very young. It took me years to realize my blood sugar drops drastically a few hours after I go to sleep. I try to portion out snacks ( i mean weigh & prepackage) so that if and when i wake up ravenous i already know what i'm eating. If it is before midnight I log it as that day, after midnight as the next day, regardless i log it all. Planning ahead makes it so much easier to not go completely overboard in the twilight hours.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other reader comments, but you can change your settings to add a "midnight snack" category. Hope this helps!

I didn't know you could do that! Thanks!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I log everything that i eat or drink....no matter what the time is.....after midnight kills me because i end up having to start the next day with less cals.....

San :)
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've never done this and I am thankful. I think I love sleep just a little more than food. :-) I've never ever gotten up from a sleep and went to the kitchen to eat ...not once in my lifetime.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I sleep eat a lot. I sometimes wake up as if I was hit by a dorito tornado. I have no memory of eating these foods. I count'em towards the day before. I consider every morning I wake up the start of the day. I log my sleep eating towards the previous day. I try to overguess everything i eat while sleep eating in my diary.

The worst part is that I bring it in the bed! Sometimes I'll grab a can of pringles and just snuggle with it. lol.
    are you on ambien? lol
    [/quote]
    This is the funniest thing I've read in a month.

Laugh away everyone! Life is suppose to be fun! :) I always laugh at it. I've never done ambien, and I'm not even sure what it is (though a quick Google search says its for people who have insomnia. I don't :) i just eat.. Its like that scene from step brothers where they are tearing through the kitchen looking for food..but not as elaborate).

I used to hide the food, but muscle memory knows how to undo stuff, so I just deal with it and laugh.
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All my research is pointing toward me having metabolic syndrome, which may be a major factor in my midnight eating. I am working on a game plan now to hopefully get rid of the midnight monster!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I sleep eat a lot. I sometimes wake up as if I was hit by a dorito tornado.
    This is the funniest thing I've read in a month.
    Laugh away everyone! Life is suppose to be fun! :) I always laugh at it.

Honestly, it was just the "feel like I been hit with a dorito tornado" thing is awesome. The mental imagery of a dude waking up like he was on a bender, but with that neon-colored dorito powder all over his face . . . you gotta write a song about the "2008 Great Laredo Dorito Tornado", I'm telling you, it'll be brilliant!