Going to Texas in September

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
Do I need to save up for a cowboy hat? boots?

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    No. Where are you going?
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It's still hot here in September...... you might want to wear shorts!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

This!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    sun block,and I hope you like church because they are EVERYWHERE
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

True story! It's still hot as hell in September!

And I only own cowboy boots because they're a fashion statement for the ladies with cute little sundresses at country concerts. That's the only time I ever wear them.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yes, you definitely need a cowboy hat, boots and spurs. The good thing about Texas is that nobody here owns cars since we all live on farms and ranches. You know how to ride a horse right? At Enterprise, they rent horses in Texas, not cars. You're going to love it! Can't wait for your arrival!
  • DieVixen
    Options
    crap I have lived in TX for 6 years,I must have missed the memo on cowboy boots.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Yes, you definitely need a cowboy hat, boots and spurs. The good thing about Texas is that nobody here owns cars since we all live on farms and ranches. You know how to ride a horse right? At Enterprise, they rent horses in Texas, not cars. You're going to love it! Can't wait for your arrival!

ROFL!!! And don't forget your snap shirts and your gun. In fact, airport won't let you off the plane without either one! LOL!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts year round.....Unless I'm at work. But I will be there for a wedding so I will have pants for rehearsal dinner and ceremony etc. I will be around Dallas. An area called McKinney? I am not terribly familiar with the area as I have never been to Texas before.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

ROFL!!! And don't forget your snap shirts and your gun. In fact, airport won't let you off the plane without either one! LOL!

and a peice of wheat in your mouth fer chewin.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I wear shorts year round.....Unless I'm at work. But I will be there for a wedding so I will have pants for rehearsal dinner and ceremony etc. I will be around Dallas. An area called McKinney? I am not terribly familiar with the area as I have never been to Texas before.

Wear what you would normally wear in any other state lol
  • DieVixen
    Options

you wanna know where the swingers clubs are....i could help you with that lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

McKinney is a far north Dallas suberb, it's quite nice! You'll be close to lots of fun stuff. The traffic sucks, though.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

Snake bite kit is a must....and don't forget yer chaps and lariat...
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm an hour from McKinney... contrary to popular myth most of us don't wear hats or boots... = ) McKinney is FLAT. Bring shorts and t-shirts. It will be HOT.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Do I need to save up for a cowboy hat? boots?

Every man needs a cowboy hat. <3
  • KittieLea
    Options
    Wow, a wedding in Texas? I've never heard of such a thing! We usually just shack up or visit the Justice of the Peace! But a real wedding??? They must be politicians, or famous or something!
  • KittieLea
    Options

Snake bite kit is a must....and don't forget yer chaps and lariat...

LOL! These comments cracked me up!
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Wow, a wedding in Texas? I've never heard of such a thing! We usually just shack up or visit the Justice of the Peace! But a real wedding??? They must be politicians, or famous or something!

or pregnant