Going to Texas in September

Options

Replies

• annagrace51
    Options
    NO UNLESS YOUR GOING TO BE AROUND FOR THE RODEO...AND ALSO DEPENDING IF THERE WILL BE A STATE FAIR SOME WHERE...SOME OF US WEAR OUR BOOTS AND HATS TO THE STATE FAIR...BUT OTHER THEN THAT IT IS HOT HOT HOT HERE
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    NO UNLESS YOUR GOING TO BE AROUND FOR THE RODEO...AND ALSO DEPENDING IF THERE WILL BE A STATE FAIR SOME WHERE...SOME OF US WEAR OUR BOOTS AND HATS TO THE STATE FAIR...BUT OTHER THEN THAT IT IS HOT HOT HOT HERE

All the yelling!!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Wow, a wedding in Texas? I've never heard of such a thing! We usually just shack up or visit the Justice of the Peace! But a real wedding??? They must be politicians, or famous or something!

or pregnant
    LOL Yes or preggers! Nothin' like a good ol' shotgun wedding!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Wow, a wedding in Texas? I've never heard of such a thing! We usually just shack up or visit the Justice of the Peace! But a real wedding??? They must be politicians, or famous or something!

They are them there TV personalities.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    You know you'll need to eat armadillo meat, too. Well, road kill in general.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts year round.....Unless I'm at work. But I will be there for a wedding so I will have pants for rehearsal dinner and ceremony etc. I will be around Dallas. An area called McKinney? I am not terribly familiar with the area as I have never been to Texas before.

Well you will definitely need boots then to tuck yer pants into. The dust and horse manure is mighty high here on our unpaved roads, especially at that time of year!

I kid, I kid!! Seriously, hopefully it's not an outdoor wedding because it will be hot, but the A/C will be nice and cold inside! The rest of the time? Shorts and flip flops and TShirts!

Mckinney is right on the outskirts North of where actual downtown Dallas is, you will have a long ride from DFW airport (I'm assuming that is where you will fly in from), but if you end up going out, I'm sure you will go into Dallas. Some say that Dallas is about as far away from being in Texas that you can get inside of Texas. A lot of plastic surgery and snobbery. I've probably offended some Dallasites on here, so I do apologize for that, my friends. It has just never been my cup of tea and I have had lot of bad experiences there!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have a cowboy hat or boots....Bring cool clothing and sunscreen. McKinney is a very nice area....alot of nice cities have grown up there in the last 10-15 years. Gr8 shopping and gr8 food....enjoy yourself while you are here!
    San :)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Forney TX in the HOUSE!!! you better recognize!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

They are them there TV personalities.
    Then this must be a statewide event! You'll have to forgive us, we don't have access to TV or radio, we still rely on telegrams so information doesn't reach us as quickly! LOL
  • DieVixen
    Options
    watch out for tornados,they are a daily event
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    watch out for tornados,they are a daily event

The groomsman is a meterologist.....I'll ask him to keep me in the loop.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    McKinney is pretty civilized. You might be okay without the snake bite kit. ;)
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

Don't want to take any chances.......What if there's a rattler holed up in the wagon we take there from the airport?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Get one of then belt buckles that's so big you can flip it over and eat lunch off it.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    We have gas guzzlin' pick ups and SUVs.

It's true, the husband has an F250 4X4 and I have an Expedition. We do it right! ;)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Don't want to take any chances.......What if there's a rattler holed up in the wagon we take there from the airport?

That's what you have the gun fer, duh!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Do I need to save up for a cowboy hat? boots?

Every man needs a cowboy hat. <3

Does it have to be a Stetson? or are they not cool anymore? Or does the brand not matter?
  • DieVixen
    Options
    OMG i forgot the biggest piece of advice be very wary of soldiers that are dads,I hear one may lurk in the Dallas area:laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    It's still hot here in September...... you might want to wear shorts!

and flip flops
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Yes, you definitely need a cowboy hat, boots and spurs. The good thing about Texas is that nobody here owns cars since we all live on farms and ranches. You know how to ride a horse right? At Enterprise, they rent horses in Texas, not cars. You're going to love it! Can't wait for your arrival!

ROFL!!! And don't forget your snap shirts and your gun. In fact, airport won't let you off the plane without either one! LOL!

PEARL snaps to be clear, lol