1200 CALORIES IS ALL I GET?!?!?! HELP - NEED IDEAS

Options

Replies

• Jonnelle06
    Jonnelle06 Posts: 53
    Options
    check out the group eat more weight less you will see that it helps you and it works :happy:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,165 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who have advocated the miracle noodles----see No'Oodle website. They are great and NO calories in 8 oz. You can add some tomatoes and mushrooms and still only have about 100 calories.

www.nooodle.com

There are other brands but I think they taste kinda odd. These, when rinsed and dry fried are great.

I also like romaine lettuce; verrrrry few calories. I add mini carrots and hard boiled egg whites.

But I like this stuff so it's no hardship.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love steamed cauliflower. Tastes like potatoes to me. I mix cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Yum.
    I'm not much for plain popcorn, but if you can handle it it's pretty good for you. Celery is very low calorie. You can eat a ton of it and it barely counts.

I agree with the others who state to work out more so you have more calories.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    There is a better way, please read this blog by a member of the MFP group "Eat More to Weigh Less", full of information and links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

my TDEE is 2350 per day with a 15% cut it's 2000!

Good luck with your endeavors!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ~ Thank you SO MUCH for all your suggestions!!! I will certainly use them! My problem with 1300 was I was always going over!! So 1200 calories worried me but today went REALLY well I just really watched when and what I ate. I was so used to eating breakfast then 2 hours later eating a snack then 3 hours later eating a snack then 4 hours later eating too much for dinner so this will be good. I think I needed a kick in the calorie bank! But I did burn over 500 calories today so that helped with dinner! :wink: Thanks again for all the suggestions!
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Adding 30 minutes to my exercise routine and increasing calories did far more for me than lower calories.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    Glucomannan and Shirataki noodles!
  • pinkwhisk
    pinkwhisk Posts: 41
    Options
    exercise and eat more. I'm doing the p90x, but my calorie allowance from myfitnesspal is around 1220. Not. Gonna. Happen. I've increased it to a minimum of 1400
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    have you tried eating 1500 calories a day for a week. You might be eatting to less calories for your body. veggies will be your best friend other wise.

I agree. I upped my calories for a few days, and then went right back to the 1200 and now I'm losing again :) What out for sodium and drink lots of water. I drink about 18-22 a day. Good luck on your journey :)
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm on a 1,000 calorie per day limit (probably not the healthiest way). I admit it was hard at first but as people say, the key are vegetables to substitute for alot of big heavy items such as pasta, bread, takeaway, etc... There are also a number of low calorie/almost zero calorie items out there (jelly, corn/rice cakes, slim pasta).

Also I find that eating healthy frozen meals help keep your portions for lunch and dinners in checked and within your limit. (Also makes it easy calculating the calories and not have to worry about food prep time when you are short on time).
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This was such a good read actually! It is giving me a lot of ideas :-)

I was going to say egg white - it has such high nutritional value and very low on calories.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree that protein is the best option- it fills you up and gives your body the nutrition it needs after a hard workout. I just started boiling shrimp in old bay and eating it chilled with cocktail sauce - 3 oz. (2 tblsp. of sauce) for around 110 calories! it feels decadent! ALSO- try steamed edamame - for more low cal/ high protein options.
  • davidwh79
    davidwh79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know you have probably a hundred answers already, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents anyway. If you raise your exercise amount and/or decrease your pounds to lose in a week setting on MyFitnessPal you will be allowed more calories, probably in the 1,450 range. However, I also have to echo everyone else here and suggest fruits and vegetables be a major staple of your caloric intake. I recently became a ovo-lacto vegetarian and it's has made a big difference in my food choices. You might want to consider doing the same.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mushrooms and cucumbers, so salads heavy in those are a favorite of mine
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i make monstrous humongous salads and shove all my veggies in there.. cucumbers, carrots, peppers, onions, spinach, radishes, mushrooms.. thats a typical salad for me. chuck in some protein, otherwise it doesnt fill me up.

^this! usually i put a HUGE tupperware bowl on my scale and throw veggies from fridge to bowl. sure it's not always the tastiest combo lol but i've had some amazing wins and it's always enough to fill me up for not a lotta calories:)
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    pickles are actually pretty low cal...just watch out for the sodium and stuff in some low cal foods lol
  • obnurse123
    Options
    baby carrots!!
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    look at my diary, you can find some meals i eat to stay below it.
    diet sodas,
    chicken breast, will help you meet your protein goal with only a hundred or so calories
    NO BREAD!
    trader joes multigrain crackers, 11 calories per cracker, make your self some mini sandwiches! :)
    coffee, no milk 2 calories! coffee with skim- 30!
    1 slice of jacks pepperoni pizza- 140 calories
    you can never go wrong with salad, or fruits! :)

hope i helped! ADD ME :D
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Just exercise more. The more you burn, the more you get to eat!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    asparagus, green beans, red peppers, spinach, kale, swiss chard, onion.. oh i love veggies.

There are lots of ideas, but I also eat sweet potato (yams actually) and I eat squash of all kinds. Avocado, cucumber, lettuce, leek.. oh the list could go on and on.

I eat 1200 calorise every day. Add me as a friend if you want ideas. It's easy to get those calories in and have lots of flavor!!