SAHM--8/3--8/9

Options
Here's this week's thread. Come chat with us!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lolabunny
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a SAHM to 4 boys. Dylan's 5, Ryan and Tyler are 3 and Zach is 2. It's busy and loud at my house. Having had 3 sections in 3 years, my body has been through a lot and I let myself go to the back burner while caring for everyone else. Well, now's the time to get back to putting my body on the list of importance and lose this awful weight I've gained in the last 5 years.

I've been having difficulty with evening eating. I eat well ALL day long, in light of the snacks my kids might have, but come night......I seem to lose my mind and just binge on something. I'm learning that this is not a path down the road to giving up but need to u-turn back to healthy eating every time. So, today is a new day and full of choices that I can make to better myself or not. :wink:

I look forward to getting to know other SAHMs!!!!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a SAHM to 4 boys. Dylan's 5, Ryan and Tyler are 3 and Zach is 2. It's busy and loud at my house. Having had 3 sections in 3 years, my body has been through a lot and I let myself go to the back burner while caring for everyone else. Well, now's the time to get back to putting my body on the list of importance and lose this awful weight I've gained in the last 5 years.

I've been having difficulty with evening eating. I eat well ALL day long, in light of the snacks my kids might have, but come night......I seem to lose my mind and just binge on something. I'm learning that this is not a path down the road to giving up but need to u-turn back to healthy eating every time. So, today is a new day and full of choices that I can make to better myself or not. :wink:

I look forward to getting to know other SAHMs!!!!

Hey lolabunny! I have 4 boys too so I understand the not being quiet in the house...ever! Mine are a little more spread out though 18, 12, 6, and 3 but they are still a handful.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i'm home to girl 9, girl 5 and boy 2.5. we also have a 6mon old puggle puppy (see profile) who just may go to another home. i'm finding it's just too much--managing the 4 of them + 5am walks every day. we'll see--so far no takers.

well, i'll check in later. off to the playplace at the mall this am.

i'll just say one more thing:this will probably be a quiet exercise week for me. i can see how my schedule is already getting out of control. :indifferent:

:flowerforyou:
  • lettuceb
    Options
    I am trying to adjust to staying home and figure it will take me a couple of weeks to hit a routine and then school will start and I will have to adjust all over again :angry: I am hoping that going from sitting behind a desk all day to chasing the boys will help me lose some weight. I am really trying to watch what I eat and work some exercise but not 5 AM walks :bigsmile:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome lolabunny! :flowerforyou: I've had a hectic weekend and haven't been on the computer much.

I am a part-time SAHM to a boy almost 7 and a girl 5 (16 months apart). I was a full-time SAHM until 2 years ago when I went to work for my church as the Administrative Assistant at 10 hrs a week. I put them in part time child care for 1 day a week. The rest of the time they came with me. I'm now at 20 hrs a week. I'm blessed to have a job where the kids can come with me when there's no school. They do pretty much the same thing there as they would at home: read books, draw, play, watch tv, and eat snacks. I work 9-1 M-F now, so once school starts, I'll be leaving for work after dh takes them to school, and I'll be finished working for the day before picking them up in the afternoon.

Well, off to see what I can make for dinner tonight!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i was doing great till 2:30PM--and then the cals keep coming on....

this has been a struggle for like EVER and i need to stop it. i know why i do it, but still.
    those sugary carbs and me....bff :grumble:
    and yet, i won't do the most obvious thing like NOT buy them. whatever...not gonna whine about it now. i need to work on some forms for a school mtg tomorrow am.
    at least i walked the dog and did loving stuff with my kids. i know that counts for lots! :heart:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Last week didnt go as planned started great mon and tues got up on wed and was soooooo sore decided to rest up had very good intentions for thurs but ended up with too much to do getting ready for our trip didnt get to bed til midnight and had to get up at 4 on fri morning.
    Ramsey rebel our starters team (thats what we were in) did rubbish but not down to our dog he ran every leg perfect however or friendly team red rose borrowed clifford on sun and we finished 2nd so it was a good weekend didnt have too much junk didnt sleep well and now have a sore throat and aches so didnt workout yesterday and I am having today to catch up around the house will get back to it tomorrow and thurs but we are in a dog show on fri so no exercise then as I have to be in the show field by 830am. I may try and get up early and do a dvd it depends how organised I am on thurs.

So we had a great weekend but very tiring diet ok yesterday and will be today still got to work on the water.
  • lolabunny
    Options
    Stacey - girl, I feel ya! Evenings are my bad times. I can do awesome without even trying hard ALL DAY LONG and then *bam* there I am with a cookie in hand. What I've tried to start doing is allowing myself a little extra in cals for the end of the day to help with that. Also, I thought I wanted a dog too about 6 mo. ago. CUTE little puppy but after 2 mo. of unsuccessful potty learning....well, it was just too much and I found him another home. :brokenheart: I was sad but it was just too much with me and my 4 boys.

Amy - I always joke that with all the running around I do you'd THINK I'd be way thinner. :laugh: The truth of the matter is, I wonder how much BIGGER I'd be if I hadn't done that. Oy!

Lettuce - I think your schedule sounds perfect! And at your church no less! What a blessing. :heart:

Praying an awesome and "clean" day for everyone today!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Last week didnt go as planned started great mon and tues got up on wed and was soooooo sore decided to rest up had very good intentions for thurs but ended up with too much to do getting ready for our trip didnt get to bed til midnight and had to get up at 4 on fri morning.
    Ramsey rebel our starters team (thats what we were in) did rubbish but not down to our dog he ran every leg perfect however or friendly team red rose borrowed clifford on sun and we finished 2nd so it was a good weekend didnt have too much junk didnt sleep well and now have a sore throat and aches so didnt workout yesterday and I am having today to catch up around the house will get back to it tomorrow and thurs but we are in a dog show on fri so no exercise then as I have to be in the show field by 830am. I may try and get up early and do a dvd it depends how organised I am on thurs.

So we had a great weekend but very tiring diet ok yesterday and will be today still got to work on the water.

tazzy--you make my head spin! :noway:
    2nd place is a good showing! hope this weekend's goes welltoo.
    camping was last wknd, right?? did you and son have a nice time?

check back later--
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Stacey - girl, I feel ya! Evenings are my bad times. I can do awesome without even trying hard ALL DAY LONG and then *bam* there I am with a cookie in hand. What I've tried to start doing is allowing myself a little extra in cals for the end of the day to help with that. Also, I thought I wanted a dog too about 6 mo. ago. CUTE little puppy but after 2 mo. of unsuccessful potty learning....well, it was just too much and I found him another home. :brokenheart: I was sad but it was just too much with me and my 4 boys.

Amy - I always joke that with all the running around I do you'd THINK I'd be way thinner. :laugh: The truth of the matter is, I wonder how much BIGGER I'd be if I hadn't done that. Oy!

Lettuce - I think your schedule sounds perfect! And at your church no less! What a blessing. :heart:

Praying an awesome and "clean" day for everyone today!

thanks stacy! potty training is good. barking when we eat or i'm putting the kids to bed BAD. ordered a bark collar w/remote that we control so we'll see how that goes.
    so far, no takers. so perhaps she's just meant to be w/our loud, nutball family. :tongue:

i used to try to eat extra earlier in the day hoping it would stop the overload. no luck there. :laugh:
    if i've exercised, i have found some success for BIG eat in late afternoon and then just pb and carrots for dinner. well, at least that worked last week.
    let's further add that i haven't kept to 1200-1300 cals ever! that's so not enough for me!!

alright. must focus on getting us out and off to school. oldest in yrround so today is reg day for us.
    REALLY 2 y.o.--you had to take off your diaper AGAIN!!! :noway:

adios!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Stacey & Lola - I've had a problem with regulating my cals as well. But I seem to yo-yo between eating too few during the day, then being left w/ tons, so I make poor choices before bed, to eating WAY too many during the day then being left w/ very few to none by dinner, which, of course, leads to more poor choices.

Lola - Thanks, I LOVE my work schedule. I have the best of both worlds! :happy: And my schedule can be flexible when I need it to be, like w/ a sick child or class party. And I work in a great environment that is like a second home to my children.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    :flowerforyou: it's wednesday and here we are plugging away at our goals.

i've been AWFUL w/food and exercise since saturday. this am was my u-turn. did some exercise and eating right.
    i'm not showering yet b/c i i haven't met my daily exercise goal yet. i'm hoping to do more after the kids ride their bikes.
    time for them, time for me. :happy:

what are you doing today to stay on track??
    what's your challenge? is there any way we can help you have a successful day??
  • amypyr
    Options
    Good morning! I've had problems more recently with a high sodium intake. I'm getting this under control now. I used to think I ate a low sodium diet since I didn't add any salt to my food and usually added about half the amount of salt called for in recipes. I'm really realizing just how much sodium there is in different foods. No wonder I ended up plateauing on Weight Watchers! They would say to watch the sodium, but it wasn't figured into the Points system!

I've also got a challenge this week since I am just a few days from TOM. I'm trying to get all my h2o in. I've been better than I was before joining MFP, but lately I've slacked off drinking all 8 glasses. Well, back to work!

Stacey, good job with the exercise! :flowerforyou: I need to follow your example and get back to doing more exercise. My orthotic inserts should be in 3 weeks from tomorrow, so that should greatly help my exercise. On nice days, i plan to walk to pick up the kids. :smile:
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Trying to get in a routine and the kids are determined to not let it happen :angry: But what can you do when your little guy gets sick, so I haven't been able to work out all week and we are potty training too! Argh!
    I am definitely not eating as much as when I was working because I am so busy but I know I need to do some exercise too, hopefully that will happen soon :happy:
    Ladies you are all inspiring and I appreciate you sharing your struggles and achievements. Keep it up!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Trying to get in a routine and the kids are determined to not let it happen :angry: But what can you do when your little guy gets sick, so I haven't been able to work out all week and we are potty training too! Argh!
    I am definitely not eating as much as when I was working because I am so busy but I know I need to do some exercise too, hopefully that will happen soon :happy:
    Ladies you are all inspiring and I appreciate you sharing your struggles and achievements. Keep it up!

the truth is you can lose all your weight with just calorie reductions. exercise is just a bonus--for your heart, lungs, brain, muscles, digestion, sleep etc.
    soooo don't be hard on yourself. i think it's most important to get one thing done at a time. first your cals and/or water, then variety, then fiber, then figuring out how to have "splurge" etc etc

plus, you're new to staying home full time. that in itself is a HUGE adjustment. personally, i can never stick with a very regimented schedule, espec over any signif period of time. i'm just not that disciplined of a person.
    but i have found having goals to aim for, putting them on here or on my to do list. that's a big help for me.
    and finally, i have very much become a "good enuf" person. that attitude has been incredibly beneficial to my overall well being.

hth. we're all here to help you achieve your best in your own time! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    ps--lest you all think i'm such a goody goody

***I ate the entire package of pillsbury cookie dough yesterday.***12 cookies=1800 cals.
    wtg. :noway:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Yeah camping was last weekend great but tent wasnt big enough with airbeds in it I couldnt even sit up in it I have bought a new one in the sales really cheap and this one is 6ft 9 tal with 3 beds in it so that should do for the future as we will be going again.

Yeah 2nd was great for us my son is thrilled to bits with his flyball dog now we ove up a team out of starters into open teams will be fun.

Showing is friday getting nervous tom is prune the dog day getting him smelling fresh and shiny etc. I took the puppy to training on mon ad all those that were worried about her being competition were there and they left more worried as she is a lovely specimen of the breed.

Diet ok water better exercise still not got time next week will be less hectic although my little baby is 3 next thurs and we have a big day planned and and big cake to make she is having a princess castle just right for my little princess that is mon sorted and the rest of the week should be calm I will be jogging next week as hubby is on his rest week so I can go out at 6am (best time of day nice a crisp and fresh)

Baby sitting tom for my friend so another busy one she ye all later
  • staceyw37
    Options
    whew! made it thru the day.
    i was draggin from 1:30 on...crabby pants mommy!

and the dog barkin for 1/2hr straight b/c she was in her crate and i was putting the girls to bed...man that irks me!!
    but we have come back from our brief walk and the girls are asleep. and i am going to drink drink drink more.
    and i stayed w/in my cals!!
    woohoo!

hope you all made it thru your day with some success--amy, did you drink your h2o?
    hope so!

night--:heart:
  • lettuceb
    Options
    Stacey.....I feel your pain! Some evenings I just need a glass or two of wine! I know I am going through a major adjustment....just impatient is all. I was doing the Couch 2 5K program but in week 5 I developed tendonitis in my knee and have had to rest it. I am hoping to slowly return to running after getting new shoes but I miss it terribly....was my time to myself (imagine that a mommy with some time to themselves, very rare! :laugh: )
    I have actually lost a pound since staying home the past week so at least I am not eating as much as I was sitting at my desk all the time, thank goodness!
    I was consistently lifting weights 3x a week but have been very sporadic about it for the past 2 weeks....I need some motivation.
    I am also potty training my youngest and that is taking up a LOT of my time, he is doing pretty well but we all know how this goes :tongue:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    lettuce--i just read your profile. going from such intense intellectual work to sahm--that's a lot to absorb. you're obviously very goal oriented, too. :)
    i never had a career before kids, so the switch tohome wasn't such a big deal. i had worked w/dr's who did research (pulmonary--asthma) and then i taught writing at a univ but that was just for one year. i've been home ever since.

and i hate potty training! my youngest also wants to start but he dsn't really get it and so he just takes off his diaper 100x a day. such a pain. :grumble:

will check back later. must get ready for the day. i'm a stinky sweaty girl rt now. :laugh: