Is anyone doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon Feb 2013

Options
2»

Replies

• kwrecks
    kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do it! I started running in Feb 2012, and although I'm nowhere near ready, I am excited to keep training to meet my goal of finishing!!
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am so determined to do this. I started a "Disney Fund' a couple of months ago and am training for my first 10K at the end of July. Then 15K in November in Chicago while training for the half.

I imagine I'll be able to sustain a 16 min per mile pace minimum at that point, but my goal is to be faster, so I can stop for pictures.

Next question...anyone here live in the midwest or somewhere else that is cold from December - February? I'm a bit concerned with my ability to train for a half in Michigan in the winter. Thoughts?
  • Jeyonce12
    Jeyonce12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am registered and all set to go. This is my first 1/2 marathon and I am excited!! NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a ton of fun. Unfortunatly I am on the West coast by the original Disney, not Walt Disney World. :sad:
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely LOVE to do this race. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can afford the time off work and the trip down to Florida. Maybe one day though!
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not next year but in 2014 for sure. I am running the 5k Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World in September 2012. I can't wait.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I want to do this one, too. Would want to go with friends, though. Long journey to get there to be by myself. I just signed up for my first Color Run !! Cant Wait ! Good Luck to you !!
  • amheinrichs
    Options
    this looks awesome - totally up my street but i agree about wanting to go with some friends. I'm running my first 5k race in September, not sure I'll be ready for a half marathon by this coming February. I think I'll wait to see how the 5k goes to decide if i do it in Feb 13 or 14!