The Movers & The Shakers - Week 2

Options
Hello everyone!

I hope that you all had a great weekend! How did you all do with last week's challenge? :bigsmile:

Time for week 2's challenge!

WALK 1 MILE AT LEAST 5 DAYS THIS WEEK

Good luck to everyone! :smile:

And, don't forget to still drink all your water! :drinker:

Replies

• crystalscott0906
    Options
    sounds good to me :) i walk my dogs all the time so i should definately be able to keep up with this one :)
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this challenge.

Thanks,
    Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this challenge.

Thanks,
    Esther

Which brings up a question - anyone know of a good brand of pedometer that really works?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Piece of cake!!! I started my week off (Sunday) with 5 miles - 3.5 jogging and 1.5 walking!

one day down!
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a walker but sure I give this challenge a try. I did go on a bike ride today can that count for something?? I did great with the water last week considering that is all I drink anyway. I do not like soda its yucky and juice is too sweet I would rather eat an apple than drink juice ditto for grapes. anyhow heres to a new challenge:drinker:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    WHINEYINVA - Feel free to bike instead. I know that everyone is different, so we can make the challenges versatile.

Welcome to the group Grammymax! I am glad that you could join us! :bigsmile:

Last week I managed to drink ALL my water everyday! I am s happy about that. It ended up being a harder challenge than I thought it would be, but I did it! I have also completed the challenge for today. I went for a shorter walk/jog this morning, but it was at least 1 mile :bigsmile:

Have a great day everyone! :happy:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    Well, this challenge is good.
    I'm starting the C25K, so I've got an advantage. :tongue:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Okay, I plan to take a 1 mile walk tonite before I eat dinner and then around 8 pm I will do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with Ab Ripper X. This is a good challenge. I need to get more cardio in.
    Have a great week everyone. :bigsmile:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I got in all of my water everyday last week. I drink a lot of water anyway, I like this new challenge. I have started walking at lunch some day so this challenge will keep me going. It's been in the upper 90s lately so having this challenge will keep me motivated to get out and walk even in the HEAT. :mad: :mad: :glasses: It's also important for everyone to continue with your water even if that specific challenge is over (Hey, maybe that's an idea... throw in the water challenge every few weeks).

Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear what you all are doing for your 1 mile challenge!!!
    Randi
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
    Maybe I'll just walk to the gym on the days I'm not running.
  • WINEYINVA
    Options
    Mon 08/03/09 11:46 AMOkay, I plan to take a 1 mile walk tonite before I eat dinner and then around 8 pm I will do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with Ab Ripper X. This is a good challenge. I need to get more cardio in.
    Have a great week everyone.
    Jennifer :0)~

how far into p90x are you? I just finished up week 7 and I feel pretty good. I have noticed definite changes in my upper body but my lower body (especially my legs) is slow going. How about you? My fav workout is Kenpo.:smile:
    sorry I cant figure out how to get it to "Quote"
  • ssvoboda2
    Options
    I better get moving tonight, I have been slacking this week in the exercise area!!
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I did my walk last night after it cooled off. This challenge is what got me out there. I could have easily said - "nah, not tonight!" Thanks for the challenge.

Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I did my walk last night after it cooled off. This challenge is what got me out there. I could have easily said - "nah, not tonight!" Thanks for the challenge.

Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    sorry for the double posting. Didn't think it went anywhere:embarassed:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Walked down by the lake again today!!! Two days in a row and counting!!! We have decided it is about 1.5 miles... my friend will bring her GPS and figure it out tomorrow!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Mon 08/03/09 11:46 AMOkay, I plan to take a 1 mile walk tonite before I eat dinner and then around 8 pm I will do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with Ab Ripper X. This is a good challenge. I need to get more cardio in.

how far into p90x are you? I just finished up week 7 and I feel pretty good. I have noticed definite changes in my upper body but my lower body (especially my legs) is slow going. How about you? My fav workout is Kenpo.:smile:

I just started week 10 yesterday. I am seeing definition in my abs. My arms look a lot better as well. I feel really good in general. I actually just started on these boards and the BeachBody threads, so I have now revamped my food plan, so I am hoping for a lot more improvement in the last couple of weeks.
    Do you like the program? My favorite is Kenpo as well. I love the punches and kicks. I have dont Teabo in the past, so it was easy for me to keep coordinated.
    What program are you doing, Lean, Classic or doubles?
    Keep up the great work. P90X is tough, but it is so worth it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    For my walk I actually decided to mow our backyard. I could kick myself for that. We have one of those old fashion mowers that is not gas propelled. I tell you after 40 mins I was ready to be done. I can not wait to get our gas mower back. It has been in the shop. So, that was my walk for yesterday. If the grass is dry I will mow the front yard tonite. Hopefully that will be easier.
    Have a great evening everybody. :bigsmile:
  • WINEYINVA
    Options

how far into p90x are you? I just finished up week 7 and I feel pretty good. I have noticed definite changes in my upper body but my lower body (especially my legs) is slow going. How about you? My fav workout is Kenpo.

I just started week 10 yesterday. I am seeing definition in my abs. My arms look a lot better as well. I feel really good in general. I actually just started on these boards and the BeachBody threads, so I have now revamped my food plan, so I am hoping for a lot more improvement in the last couple of weeks.
    Do you like the program? My favorite is Kenpo as well. I love the punches and kicks. I have dont Teabo in the past, so it was easy for me to keep coordinated.
    What program are you doing, Lean, Classic or doubles?
    Keep up the great work. P90X is tough, but it is so worth it.

I do like the p90x program its a bit different from exercise I have done in the past. I have a martial arts background so that made the kenpo easy and the plyo do-able. I really like the weight lifting as well. I am doing the classic this is my first go around, I might consider the doubles for next time if time permit, if not then classic again.
    Mowing the lawn sounds like a great way to get that walk in I may have to try that tommorrow.
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    ugh...i havent been able to seem to find the time this week so far to get out there. i am leaving on a work trip on saturday and all the getting ready hasnt left me with me time (or energy for that matter) to get out there and walk. hopefully tomorrow will be better