I really just want a banana cream pie %#$%^

Options

Replies

• cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Get the bakery pie, but just a slice! Do not buy the whole pie. If they make you pay for the whole pie, have them cut you a slice and tell them to give a free slice to the next 5 customers.

You do not want that whole thing in the house, trust me.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    You may feel like a pig after wards, but it probably wont hurt anything to eat the pie.
    I know when a craving comes on that strong, sometimes you just have to give in.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food? Figure out a way that you can fit it into your daily calorie goal ahead of time, if you decide to go ahead with it. I also like the idea of going to a restaurant and getting a single piece of pie---better yet, take a friend and share a piece of pie and some good coffee. That way the focus wouldn't be entirely on the pie, but also the good coffee, conversation, and friend.

Every couple of months I end up in a restaurant with a friend that has wonderful strawberry shortcake---the servings are huge. My friend always shares some of his with me---I take no more than 2 bites of shortcake, 2-3 spoonsful of strawberries, and a teaspoon of whipped cream. It leaves me feeling satisfied with a little dessert, rather than deprived.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've found my craving usually goes away within 15-20 minutes, which is about how long it would take me to eat an entire pie.

So, I eat one piece verrrryyyy slowly, savoring every bite instead of wolfing it down, and then put it away. I find that if I eat it slowly and then get it out of my sight, I've satisfied my craving. If I still feel "hungry", I eat something healthy instead.

Food is a treat, not a reward or crutch. It's been so hard to train myself, but it's worth it now that I don't feel shackled to food anymore. Even just a couple bites of something I'm craving is enough to satisfy me now (and looks better in the food diary too). I don't want to undo all my hard work! Every time I think about eating an entire pie, I think about how many hours of Turbo Jam I'd undo. It's just not worth it.

So yes, one piece is fine. A whole pie? No.
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    You can have more pie again in a week or two. I just think if you eat the whole thing or half of it, you might feel guilty... and guilty pie doesn't taste as good. :tongue:

Yes, guilty pie probably wouldn't taste that good! I called the bakery and thank heavens they are not open on Mondays!! It will give me sometime to fight this.
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    have the pie! if your being healthy and working out 99% of the time then i think its fine to have a day off and eat pie, drink soda do whatever you need to do to get it out of your system...obviously it woule be rubbish to do every day but if your going to be living a healthy lifestly for the rest of your life the occasional 'off' day isnt going to set you back to square one. :smile:
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the suggestions...When i called the bakery I asked about calories, she laughed and said that she doesn't know the calorie count in it but that it has lots of butter and whipped cream...so a very high calorie count. I will get one but I will make it work with my diet somehow...probably an individual size and a very long bike ride!
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    2790 calories, 153 grams of fat in Marie Callender's. The bakery version is likely worse.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marie-Callender-s-Banana-Cream-Pie-38-oz/10316283#Nutrition+Facts
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    2790 calories, 153 grams of fat in Marie Callender's. The bakery version is likely worse.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marie-Callender-s-Banana-Cream-Pie-38-oz/10316283#Nutrition+Facts

Thanks! Ya that is definately guilty pie!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Get the pie and eat the damn pie.. just not in one sitting.

Space it out and have a slice a day as a treat.. and get your exercise in.

You'll make it work if you really want it.
  • jazyfarias1
    Options
    Dairy Queen had Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream, get a small cone with the Banana Cream Pie 100 cals. beast whole whole slice of pie:wink:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    In these situations i eat the whole pie. Why?

A: better off being over 3500 calories one day then over 500 each day if you rationed it out over a week.............(for weight gain/loss purposes anyway) Can't store 3500 calories over in a day as fat, but if you eat 500 over for a week you will gain a pound.

B: If you eat an entire pie, usually the next day you dont want more pie
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Cream pies can be great! I don't care to eat them really, but I've made a few before and the people loved them. Just splurge a little and have one!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

what does it matter if she eats the whole thing in one sitting or over a couple of days. your body can't tell the difference. plus who wants 4 day old pie?!?!?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I know what got censored there, and it's illegal in most states. Be careful. Don't go advertising what you're looking to do. PM me, and I may be able to hook you up. I know some people in the pie scene.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Get the bakery pie, but just a slice! Do not buy the whole pie. If they make you pay for the whole pie, have them cut you a slice and tell them to give a free slice to the next 5 customers.

You do not want that whole thing in the house, trust me.

I LOVE this idea!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

what does it matter if she eats the whole thing in one sitting or over a couple of days. your body can't tell the difference. plus who wants 4 day old pie?!?!?

Who the hell wants to eat a pie in one sitting? I'd much rather have the pie be a few days old then make myself sick trying to eat a whole pie all at once.

Plus if you properly store the pie, it's going to taste as fresh on day one as it does later on in the week.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The ****? I ain't giving away pie. Hell no.
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    Pretty sure I know what got censored there, and it's illegal in most states. Be careful. Don't go advertising what you're looking to do. PM me, and I may be able to hook you up. I know some people in the pie scene.

WTF? LMAO!!!!!!!!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    The ****? I ain't giving away pie. Hell no.

That can get you in more trouble than you're asking for.