8 pounds overnight

Options
13»

Replies

• brittanydilliard
    Options
    Well, I think if you can go that long and losing 12 pounds then if you get back on track ASAP then you will be fine :)
  • abbiepql
    abbiepql Posts: 45
    Options
    Do the math and put on your logic hats! Did you honestly eat 8 lbs. worth of calories? Seriously, think rationally, that would be like 28,000 calores, with no caloric output at all in 24 hours. NOT POSSIBLE. If you have been low carbing and you ate carbs, it's water retention. Your body will suck up tons of water when it's be deprived of carbs, even those that diet with severe restriction carb diets know that carbs have to be reintroduced - and then increased slowly. They also realize they will RETAIN water with even the smallest amount of carbs consumed - and if you were into handfuls of crackers. you were scarfing carbs. Changes are better than not, that you might have gained a pound of weight at best - and only if you had a lot of fatty foods. Stop validating your weight lost by the scale and if you have to get that type of instant "gratification" at least be logical about it and wait at least a week!
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Diets are bound to fail and obsession with a number on the scale is SO destructive! Try to remember success will come when you view this as a lifestyle change and look at the big picture--if you are micromanaging, of course you are going to feel like you are having a million little failures. Focus on how much better you are (hopefully) feeling, how much stronger you are getting, how much better your clothes feel, etc. But if none of that works, try to remember there are FAR worse things in this world. If seeming to have gained 8lbs overnight (as many others pointed out--impossible) is your biggest or one of your biggest problems in life right now, you've got it better than about 94% of the world population.

Perspective and perception are key--you control those. What the scale says? Factors beyond your immediate control often control that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What was dumb?
    Eating at red lobster? meh
    Gaining 8LBS? you didn't?
    Binging on crap? meh, that's human nature.

You did not eat an additional 28 THOUSAND calories last night. Therefore you did not "GAIN" 8 POUNDS.

I weigh my self daily. I won't tell you not to, because it's useful info for me and I don't binge after I see a "gain". If that's you, perhaps weigh weekly or monthly (after your period).

Seriously.You KNOW you did not eat 28 thousand calories in excess yesterday. Why let the sodium psych you out?
    Give it a day if you're just after your period.
    Give it 3 days if you're ovulating.
    Give it a week if you're pmsing
    And don't let one silly data point throw you off your game! You can do this!!!