Avocado??

Options
13»

Replies

• brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    and whenever I mash them, I always add a little bit of lime juice.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I love them just plain, all by themselves. I also like them on sandwiches, salads, grilled. The list could go on and on. They are wonderful grilled. A little "butter" or olive oil, any seasoning of your choice. Cut them in half, leave the skin on just like a potato and grill.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I know what I'm eating for breakfast now...

Boiled egg with avocado on wheat toast.

If you are new to them, I suggest different types of recipes that incorporate it. I just made that quinoa recipe above last week. It is yummy. I think there are a few ideas on www.skinnytaste.com.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You can always cut them... take you a cooking sheet...sprinkle soy sauce on both sides of the slice...and bake in the oven maybe 20min tops...They are so good that way....Someone suggest it to me when I first started eating them...Yummy that way
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Avocado chunks with Salmon salad! I use canned salmon. The ideal thing would be to use fresh and put in some mayo and sweet onion and salt and pepper and then eat the chunks of avocado with the salmon and maybe some yummy little tomatoes. But trying to cut down on the calories I have found that I can leave out the mayo and it is still good. I really like this for breakfast!

Avocado in a quesadilla with salsa! Wonderful!

In a taco salad! Really in any salad! Mixed greens with shredded cheese, chicken, peppers, onion, garlic, sour cream or balkan yogurt, tomatoes, salsa, avocados, olives. You can just add chunks or make a guacamole. A fiesta on a plate!!

someone suggested in a sandwich or wrap. Yum!

Just straight with a spoon out of the skin!

I love avocados! In case you hadn't noticed!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • liljen2005
    liljen2005 Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks!! all great ideas!!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    These have become two of my favorite avocado recipes!
    http://www.cookincanuck.com/2012/03/salad-cups-with-quinoa-shrimp-avocado-lemon-dressing-recipe/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/avocado-egg-salad.html#more
    A lot of people have mentioned uses I love already! Avocados are pretty much yummy with about anything :happy:
  • mythryl
    mythryl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    mix it in my little mini food processor with salsa ans a little lime salt/ pepper to taste. use with chips or like mayo on sandwich YUMM I try to eat one every day!