My First 5k Obstacle/Mud Run & 80lbs Lost – Lots of Pics

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Your quads look awesome!! Way to go!!

Funny you mention that. I HATE my quads. They are big and my trouble spot. I posted not long ago about my bulky quads and got all the standard responses - you are a girl and can't have bulky anything, you are fat not bulky, you can't get bulky quads while eating at a deficit, blah blah.

They are so wrong, I have bulky man quads and hate them. I guess I have to embrace them. You can see them really bad on the last pic where my leg is flexed because I am on my tippy toes, my shoes were muddy and nasty. Ugg I hate my quads but they are rock hard which is better than flab i guess.

I was about to say your legs are awesome. :)
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    You're such an inspiration!!!!!!! Well done!! Congrats on all you've accomplished! hope your fracture heals quickly!
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Knee Pads - Check! Lol stuff I would NOT have thought about! Thanks girl!
  • TahanyE
    TahanyE Posts: 83
    Options
    You're amazing. Im just under 240lbs and look nothing like you do in your first picture. How tall are you? Its amazing how every single person is shaped so differently. Makes me sad that women compare their bodies to others. Anyway... Im hoping to do the warrior dash in August here in WI. I don't care about my time though because at 235lbs Im not expecting much lol. I hope your foot heals quickly, such a bummer. Wonder how many other people hurt themselves on that thing? BTW I think your legs look amazing and Id kill to have such toned "man legs". Its most definitely better than flab!
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Holy crap! You look amazing!!! So inspiring! I'm going to be competing in a mud run/obstacle course in August. It's done over 10kms but you don't have to run the whole thing ( I suppose if you really want to win you would run it) I can't wait! Whereabouts did you do yours?
  • EllieAmancy
    EllieAmancy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great results -- both in the race and with your awesome weight loss! I think your legs are gorgeous and they don't look bulky to me!

I also want to compliment you on your style -- your workout gear is completely coordinated, down to the MATCHING DUCT TAPE!! So you're badass and you look great while you're doing it! ;-D
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOVE success stories ... and even moreso with pictures. You look FABULOUS! Congrats to you on your 80 pound weight loss, not to mention your improved fitness level! A 5K mud run ... WOW! I lost 42 pounds but still struggle to get three, one and a half minute jogging intervals into my daily treadmill routine of brisk walking. I want to run, but I'm afraid I'm just not "made" for it. You give me inspiration, though! Best of luck on the foot. Stress fractures aren't too bad. I had them in both feet at the same time a few years back. That was interesting to say the least - two walking boots, lol. Take good care and don't do too much too soon.
  • crazyjlyn
    crazyjlyn Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing! I want to do the Warrior Dash so and but I'm just not ready this year
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOVE success stories ... and even moreso with pictures. You look FABULOUS! Congrats to you on your 80 pound weight loss, not to mention your improved fitness level! A 5K mud run ... WOW! I lost 42 pounds but still struggle to get three, one and a half minute jogging intervals into my daily treadmill routine of brisk walking. I want to run, but I'm afraid I'm just not "made" for it. You give me inspiration, though! Best of luck on the foot. Stress fractures aren't too bad. I had them in both feet at the same time a few years back. That was interesting to say the least - two walking boots, lol. Take good care and don't do too much too soon.

Thanks for the info on the fractures, wow two at the same time; you are one tough cookie. I have actually broken both of my feet this year but not at the same time thank goodness.

About the running, I promise you can do it. I just started with C25k and worked up from there. I don't tend to run a 5k on the treadmill now but break it up into cardio intervals between cardio machines and just keep my heart rate up high like a 5k would. This helps me to build the endurace level I need to run the 5k but also keeps me from getting bored. I am convinced that it is all in my head. I "want" to quit running about every minute I am on the treadmill but have to make myself push through. Being at the actual race was much better because I didn't get bored but it was still very tough. Just keep increasing run times little by little and you will be running in no time. You can do this!!
  • aprild2010
    aprild2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You dont have bulky man quads...you have athletic fit gorgeous quads...embrace them. You are strong and you should be proud!!!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!! Way to go on placing so high in the race! You look AMAZING too.
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your foot.
    Your thighs are so muscular and fit... totally inspiring girl!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Your ARE a success! Great job!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's funny how we can focus on a body part we don't like. I think you look great, very strong and healthy! I think your quads look awesome and if I were you I wouldn't change a thing! Embrace your body girl, you earned it! I doubt there's one person that would look at your legs and think they look anything but beautiful.

Congrats on your run!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! This made me tear up and do you want to know why? Because this is what real effort and inspiration looks like!
  • freckled_lady
    Options
    You look awesome! I am doing my first mud run in Portland in July---- Any tips?!?
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    Your entire attitude and face says it all SWEET SUCCESS! You worked hard and met your goals--it doesn't get any better than that in life. Way to be Awesome! :drinker:
  • littlelady1950
    littlelady1950 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic well done awesome weight loss how long has it taken you ?? Sorry to hear of your broken foot hope its not too painful..
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Check out those legs muscles in the last picture!!! What an inspiring transformation!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats on all of your accomplishments! You have done an awesome job! I have run several races in the past and have just recently started thinking about trying to do a mudder race. They look so challenging and fun. And I agree with everyone else, I think your legs look great! I'd much rather have muscular legs than flabby legs. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!