My First 5k Obstacle/Mud Run & 80lbs Lost – Lots of Pics

Options

Replies

• stephaniepullen
    stephaniepullen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous! I love how happy you look in your "after" pictures... you have a geniune smile, not a forced smile, if that makes sense :-) Such an inspiration to people like me who have a long way to go.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS......How awesome is it to do that well your first time out the gate, it really goes to show that you can accomplish so much with determination and hard work. Sorry to learn of your hairline fracture, let it heal properly before diving into your next muddy race.
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Girl your crazy your legs look great, I am working my *kitten* off trying to get really defined legs. But I know people are hard on themselves, and its hard to see what others see. I swear most days I am looking at myself through a fat lens. But I would kill for legs like that just saying.

Congrats on your amazing success and heres to you and your strength inside and out. I am doing the Warrior Dash on June 17, 2012, I hope I dont brake anything my wedding is in July I dont want to walk down the aisle with anyting in a cast. LOL

Hope your foot heals soon. Embrass the time off you earned it.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and congrats on completing your first obstacle race. I just did my first Spartan Race this Saturday and it was amazing!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and the mud run - you are amazing!! You look fabulous and I bet feel just absolutely amazing!! :happy:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! This made me tear up and do you want to know why? Because this is what real effort and inspiration looks like!

Oh goodness, now you made me cry. I guess I never really expected to inspire anyone but just wanted to let others know that it was possible with time and discipline. My next race is in Sept and I hope to heal and get back to training. The mudders are so much fun!!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options
    Girl your crazy your legs look great, I am working my *kitten* off trying to get really defined legs. But I know people are hard on themselves, and its hard to see what others see. I swear most days I am looking at myself through a fat lens. But I would kill for legs like that just saying.

Congrats on your amazing success and heres to you and your strength inside and out. I am doing the Warrior Dash on June 17, 2012, I hope I dont brake anything my wedding is in July I dont want to walk down the aisle with anyting in a cast. LOL

Hope your foot heals soon. Embrass the time off you earned it.

I am a big goof and am sitting hear with big tears rolling down my cheeks reading these responses. Everyone is so sweet with their comments. I also see myself through the "fat lens" and it is so hard to actually realize the weight loss and what my body looks like now. I focus on my trouble spots and can't "smell the roses" along my journey. Thanks for helping me see that I need to stop and realize my progress!

I would suggest knee pads and tall socks. My legs are covered in scrapes especially the knee area from crawling thru concrete tunnels and such. You want to keep those legs in tip top shape for your wedding. I hope your wedding day is perfect. I wish I would of not worried so much and took time to enjoy my day, it went by so fast.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options
    You look awesome! I am doing my first mud run in Portland in July---- Any tips?!?

Yes, here are a few.

Don't worry what you look like before the race, you will be trashed after. With that said wear knee pads, tall socks, duct tape your shoes on and something to keep your hair out of your face. In your bag pack wet wipes, a towel and face clenser wipes, a change of clothes and dry shoes. Enjoy it, it is a blast. I wore my HRM to help keep me at a pace I could maintain the whole race and that helped me to not get caught up in the rush. I was able to maintain my pace and ended up passing the quick starters in the 3/4 of the race.
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    well done! u look freakin' awesome! ;)
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That is just amazingly awesome!
  • Cindyt1987
    Cindyt1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your quads look awesome!! Way to go!!

Funny you mention that. I HATE my quads. They are big and my trouble spot. I posted not long ago about my bulky quads and got all the standard responses - you are a girl and can't have bulky anything, you are fat not bulky, you can't get bulky quads while eating at a deficit, blah blah.

They are so wrong, I have bulky man quads and hate them. I guess I have to embrace them. You can see them really bad on the last pic where my leg is flexed because I am on my tippy toes, my shoes were muddy and nasty. Ugg I hate my quads but they are rock hard which is better than flab i guess.

do not hate your quads! they are KILLER! i'd love to have legs like that! Congrats on your weight loss, you look GREAT! you must be on such a high!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Awesome and sounds like me! I did my first Warrior Dash a few weeks ago after a lifetime of being overweight and never doing anything athletic or fun. Super proud of you!!
  • howie4four
    howie4four Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    INSPIRATION OVERLOAD!!! WOW--you look amazing--the smile, the accomplishment, the weight loss!! WAY TO GO!!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! sorry about your foot!!
  • michelegros40
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss! You look wonderful! Sorry about your foot, but what a great accomplishment on the race. Thanks for sharing and giving us inspiration!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!!! And super fierce, not only running the race but finishing with a broken foot? Bravo! :drinker:
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You ROCKED it girl....Thats AWESOME.... Love your big cheese smiles in all the pic lol...You DESERVE to be cheesing :happy:
  • jiabman
    jiabman Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing. I have always wanted to do one of those mud runs...looks like you had a great time!
  • freckled_lady
    Options
    awesome! thanks :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome. Sorry to hear about your broken foot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!