Guacamole Chicken Salad - you won't be sorry you tried this!

Options

Replies

• Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    Yum!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Trying this, Thanks!
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds super delish!!! Think I'll substitute, using red onions instead of the white. Thanks for the recipe!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    This sounds amazing! Will be trying it :)
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beetru4ever
    Options
    This sounds absolutely delicious!! Making some tonight!!!
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    CarolineSuzanneSmith Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Makingalist
    Options
    Pretty darned tasty! I'm a wimp when it comes to jalepenos, so I used just a small amount, added some cilantro and a good dose of salt and pepper.
    Pack it into a deep container with minimum surface area left to turn brown, and include the pit. That should keep it green for a few days. You can even cover the surface of the salad with plastic wrap before putting the lid on the container. It's contact with the air that browns the avocado.
    I'm letting it sit in the fridge for a little while to blend flavors, then planning to have it for dinner tonight.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I made this last night to have for lunch today. I added some cilantro and garlic but left out onions because I hate them. It is sooooo good. And it was really easy to make. It took maybe 5 minutes to cut everything up and mix it together. I plan to eat it with romaine lettuce leaves like a taco. I tastes good just by itself though. I highly recommend everyone try it.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    bump for real
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Must try!
  • tonyabw
    tonyabw Posts: 17
    Options
    Definitely will try this sometime this week, headed to the store shortly so perfect timing that I saw this now - lol
  • Amberdew1
    Amberdew1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jojotime22
    jojotime22 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    yum.
    I know know what i am planning for lunch next week thanks!
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Lunch today! It was yummy! Didn't miss the Mayo at all! I made one serving and had it on an Arnold"s wheat thin. The grilled chicken worked great. Thank you!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I am NOT on the paleo diet, but a friend of mine who is on it posted this recipe. My husband wanted to try it since he doesn't like traditional chicken salad (he hates mayo). So, we tried it, we LOVED it and have had it about twice a week for the past month. Here is our version of this recipe. You can find the original on www.thebittenword.com.

First, we grilled chicken breast chunks using the rosemary bush from our back yard as skewers (strip the leaves and VOILA!)
    Let chicken cool (we grilled the day before and put it in the refrigerator to use the next day)
    Chop 2 avocados, dice 3-4 roma tomatoes, 1 fresh jalapeno (deseeded), 1/4 of a white onion - put in a bowl with the chicken
    Add the juice of one lime and sea salt (or regular salt) to taste

We ate this with toasted french bread rounds one day, and tortilla chips the next day. I've also made this without the chicken and I called it guaco pico. I made that up :wink:

No, it is not super low calorie, but it has some super healthy fat in there, and you can eat it as a meal, even without chips or bread if you wish. And, it gives you some fresh veggies! I do have to add that this dish is not beautiful the next day, but still delcious. So, if you make it for a party, make it the day of.

Hope you like it!
    "guaco pico" Love it! Thanks for sharing. :drinker:
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bumping...the avocados are awesome right now. I use fresh farmer's market tomatoes and this is SOOO good.