What to make with leftover baked chicken?

Options
curvykim78
curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
I had to cook a whole chicken the other day so it wouldn't go bad...now I don't know what to do with this chunked up chicken. I was trying to think of healthy ideas, but all I can thing of is chicken fajitas. Thought of chicken & noodles, but noodles are high in calories. Any other ideas? :)

Replies

• jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Chicken salad with low fat mayo or http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/chicken-noodle-hold-soup/. This recipe uses egg noodles that aren't too bad plus you get some veggies in.
  • pten0pus
    pten0pus Posts: 25
    Options
    Have you checked out Pinterest? They have a lot of great low cal recipes.
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lowfat chicken salad or you could make a taco by shredding the meat and dicing tomatoes, etc. If you want to go low-card, cut out the tortilla and use a romain heart like a taco. :)
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, chicken salad, wraps, pot pie, soups...
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do chicken fajitas, chicken burritos, chicken salads, chicken on spinach, chicken on rice, chicken sandwich, etc... :) hope this helps!
  • mpaige1969
    mpaige1969 Posts: 52
    Options
    shred it and do chicken tacos....load it up with lettuce/tomato good stuff...even a little lowcal sour cream
  • bleumanchu
    bleumanchu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Somebody just posted a recipe that sounds great for a guacamole chicken salad. Check it out if interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621024-guacamole-chicken-salad-you-won-t-be-sorry-you-tried-this?hl=avacado+chicken&page=1#posts-8953554
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Someone earlier posted an avocado chicken salad recipe. I've made something like it with red onion, avocado, corn, olive oil and salt & pepper. Yesterday I made chicken salad w/ grapes, almonds, celery, light mayo/plain greek yogurt w/ salt & pepper.

Or...make a chicken & vegetable soup w/ maybe lentils....
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a low fat curry recipe.... one onion, add the chicken bits, whichever spices/curry powder you like (Personally mine is madras), tin of tomatoes, and a little home made stock let it simmer down and its lovely

serve with rice, or salad, or dip a rice cake in
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I always put my leftover chicken on top of some raw spinach leaves with a little feta or some avocado (homemade guacamole on top is the bomb too!)...makes a really yummy and super quick lunch or dinner!
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    I copied this from another post...I cant find it now so I cant make a link back.
    Here it is.

First, we grilled chicken breast chunks using the rosemary bush from our back yard as skewers (strip the leaves and VOILA!)
    Let chicken cool (we grilled the day before and put it in the refrigerator to use the next day)
    Chop 2 avocados, dice 3-4 roma tomatoes, 1 fresh jalapeno (deseeded), 1/4 of a white onion - put in a bowl with the chicken
    Add the juice of one lime and sea salt (or regular salt) to taste
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Salad with Chicken!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I mix mine cold with low fat mayo, raisins, cucumber, and avocado and use it for lunches!
  • mrae927
    mrae927 Posts: 1
    Options
    Homemade chicken noodle or chicken and rice soup. Or cut it up and put it over a big old salad with lots of greens and veggies.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! Wraps! I purposely bake up many breasts and then put them in the fridge for the week in order to make many different kinds of wraps for lunch. I know it might seem boring to some people, but I can take baked chicken breasts and make many different tasting chicken wraps. LOVES IT!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    we've taken and cubed up leftover chicken (it was mostly unseasoned), added italian seasoning, and a little garlic to it.. once it was cooked up (use a little water in the pan or light olive oil), put in a pita/wrap of choice, add lettuce, tomato, and light dressing of choice.

Quick, easy, and healthy.

We've also added onions, jalapenos, etc.. get creative with it. That one is a standard italian theme.. but we've done southwest with chili powder and corn salsa also.. Chicken is very versatile.
  • Costello08
    Costello08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    White chicken chili. McCormick sells a seasoning packet with the directions/ingredients. It's delicious!
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Homemade chicken noodle or chicken and rice soup. Or cut it up and put it over a big old salad with lots of greens and veggies.

thats is exactly what I do with leftover chicken - home made soup. You can buy low sodium chicken broth - throw in your chicken, add fresh veggies and you have a wonderful soup.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Chicken pot pie, white chicken chili, chicken salad