Is Dr. Oz a Quack?

Options
124»

Replies

• Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    What does everyone think about him?
    I've never given it any thought, but I have seen MFP members post things about him.

Today his facebook tip of the day was :
    Sugar free gum can help you in your battle against a slowing metabolism. Not only do you burn calories while chewing, you’ll also be less tempted to fall back on high calorie foods.

technically..he is correct...technically.... ive even heard that fidgeting burns calories... is technically true...i am typing all day at the computer at work...i should count that in my exercise diary..lol
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I think he is probably a good doc, but if I was to eat ALL the things in a day that he "says" we should, I would never lose weight and if I took All the suppliments that he "say" we need to take, I would be popping pill all day long. So I really just take his stuff with a grain of salt.

Do I have to buy this grain of salt from Dr. Oz? :huh:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Quack(1).jpg
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't know if he is a quack or not; but I don't believe in much of what he says. I have only watched one or two shows. One was talking about the raspberry ketones. I ran out and grabbed me a bottle. Took one and my sugar jumped up to almost 200. If you're a diabetic, do not take this supplement! My sugar was doing great until I took this. Then I tried his green coffee bean supplement. Didn't do anything for me, but at least my sugar didn't jump up. Big waste of money! Did he profit from this? Who knows. He may be a fantastic surgeon, but do you want someone who has so little time operating on you? Not me. Between TV, writing books and research papers, directing the cardiovascular Institute, and holding all those other positions, when does he have to time to operate? 250 surgeries a year? That only leaves 115 days for everything else! I'm sure those surgeries will take a lot out of him. Most go on for hours. As for chewing gum, a quote from a local Dr. "Chewing, no matter what it is tells the stomach, "Here Comes Food!" Then when no foods come down, the hunger pains soon follow. Also the stomach will begin producting digestive gasses." I'm assuming this is not a good thing (Digestive gasses with no food to digest). I do chew gum anyway.