Do you eat low carb?

Options

Replies

• time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started doing no refined carbs after 4 pm and it seems to be working well for me! I lost 4 lbs last week. :)
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Me!
    You do p90x + eat low carb?

You forgot to answer the question....
    Depends on what my current goal is. Currently doing a sort of cyclical thing, so yes, for about half the week, I eat what you would consider low carb.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    You could try adding some flaxmeal to your diet...
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I try to. Family history of diabetes and high triglycerides had our dr. suggesting South Beach. Some good recipies if you are looking.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my carbs between 50-100 grams. I generally don't eat grains, I have an intolerance to wheat. I add ground flax to my shakes sometimes but try to eat veggies as much as possible.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I try..succeed on most days...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Maybe about 75 a day. Most of them come from fruits and veggies also wasa crackers.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do low carb for a couple weeks now and it has been working out pretty well. I have cheated about once a week since begining though. I am trying to keep my carbs 50 grams and below a day and not eat carbs after lunch. In the morning I try and get in my strawberries, grapefruit, and orange or orange juice in and eat plenty of veggies through the day. I don't feel deprived which is nice!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I can't, I really can't. I live on them. It would probably benefit me, but every single thing I love and crave is carb heaven.

this ^^

i tried to do low carb at first, but then i realized i don't need to :) of course, i would like a set of hot abs, which i don't have, and eating low carb would really help me get there.. but i just would not be able to do that and still be happy. more power to you all that are doing it!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    As of right now, I'm eating an extremely low carb diet just for three days or so. Normally I have around 100 to maybe 130 or more carbs a day.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have been attempting low carb for the last month. I have succeeded most days to keeping my carbs under about 75g net. It is working for me. In 3 months of exercise and watching calories I only lost 7 pounds, and from the end of February to the first week in May I gained and lost the same 3 pounds. The first week in May I started cutting carbs...and as of yesterday I had lost 9 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Nope....I eat a balanced diet.....could I cut them.......absolutely....but I haven't seen a reason to. All studies have shown it does not make a difference in long term fat loss for people without preexisting conditions
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Not on purpose, but since bread has notoriously been really hard for me to control, I rarely eat it. My carb intake comes almost exclusively from non-grains... Yogurt, fruit, and starchier vegetables (beans, sweet potato) but it's still not particularly low.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb lover, and I eat around 200-225 grams of carbs a day. I did try to go low carb at one point, and it didn't work out well for me. I learned that carbs are not the enemy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    I eat low carb as well:-)
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I can't, because I shouldn't have too many animal proteins since I'm a kidney stone making machine and that is no fun. I did Atkins in 1999 and lost 100 pounds in 9 months, but the doctor told me it was 'killing' me. So now that i've gained that all back (a few times) I'm going for a balanced low sodium diet.
  • siecoleman
    siecoleman Posts: 18
    Options
    Yeah, horrible, I know. I'm trying to change my dieting but it's hard :ohwell:
  • siecoleman
    siecoleman Posts: 18
    Options
    Sorry, I have horrible computer etiquette. I have a glorious thing called carb Friday where I allow myself to eat rice and pasta. (I work at a sushi bar, do you know how hard that is?!) lol
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did for two weeks and it was pretty good - lost 5 pounds right away. I decided to stop though because I cannot live without carbs haha.