40lbs + to lose before Christmas...thats right, I said it!

Options

Replies

• Meghan_odonnell01
    Options
    I have 47 to reach my goal, and new years eve was what I was aiming for! So this should be a good goal for me :)!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose another 40lbs by Christmas! I figure I've taken off a little over 20 in 3 months. If I stick to that progress, that means 40 is totally doable 6 months from now!

My plan to continue my weight loss:
    --Reduce my soda intake even more than it currently is (hopefully down to only one can a week and eventually no cans a week)
    --Incorporate more veggies into my daily meals instead of a few times a week
    --Make my meals come from home prep instead of fast food and restaurants

--Keep up my 5K training schedule and run 4-5x a week
    --Attend 3-5 Group X classes at the gym a week (currently doing 2-3 a week)
    --Start measuring my body and taking progress pics.
    --Buy a HRM
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Sending you a friend request...and a flower! :flowerforyou:
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the principle that no food is off limits
    - the only limits are on the quantities not the food itself!

Same here! That's my mentality exactly :) If I want something, why not have a little bit of it? This way I'm never dieting, never missing out, just being smart about it! Hahaha McDonalds? I pick a small meal, have it with water and without the sauce, but I'm still getting what I want!

Hopefully this strategy will work and pay off by Christmas! Hahaa

When I find myself at a fast food place, I opt for the kid's meal and the minute maid light lemonade as the drink. Satisfies my cravings and the portions are much more reasonable :bigsmile:
  • mrsjrwest
    mrsjrwest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! Any suggestions on posting frequency, etc?
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    Feel free to add me in. I want to drop 40lbs or more (probably not possible) by Dec 7 when me and my boyfriend and our now 11 week old daughter go to visit my family in New York for a late Thanksgiving/early Christmas.

I only eat whole foods, hardly anything processed. Nothing from a grocery store that has more then 5 ingredients in it. I don't eat white sugar or white flour. I use honey/maple syrup and I like it better. And white whole wheat flour, though I'm trying to use other types of flours when I can but they are majorly expensive and I'm still on disability from having my daughter (I'm still not healed from my emergency c-section.) But anyways anyone is welcome to add me..

And Yesterday's hardship was that I didn't get my walk in due to having to go unexpectedly to my primary doctors then my obgyn. And I get to go back to her today again. What a vicious cycle with all these doctors to find out why my c-section wont heal.
  • wiseguy4u
    wiseguy4u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list. :drinker:
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Add me in! :drinker: 40lbs before Xmas would be a treat! :glasses:

I struggle most with portion size and the need to finish my plate (and so far smaller plates have not found the way into my house - have to change that!!) :embarassed:

I also want to start the C25K soonish, but have busy weekends planned until the end of July.. :sad:
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...do we all get to buy a new Christmas outfit?? :bigsmile: Please add me!
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50lbs before Christmas so I want to join this :)
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...do we all get to buy a new Christmas outfit?? :bigsmile: Please add me!

Yes that would be awesome! Maybe I'll splurge on a nice fitted dress or some bikinis and slip them under the tree from "Santa"...
  • jlskelton2s
    Options
    I would love to achieve this goal, but I'm really having a hard time getting myself into gear. Help?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have a personal goal to accomplish and its 52 by 52.
    I want to lose 52 lbs by my 52nd birthday.
    I just joined in May so this challenge will go hand in had with my personal goal.
    Am I crazy for thinking I can do this by Oct 6th? Any thoughts out there.
    I have lost 11 so far.

Hard to say. After the first 6 weeks my loss slowed to 5-7 pounds a month.....
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    Losing 40 by Christmas sounds fantastic to me!!!!
  • tommiirugby
    tommiirugby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - aiming for the same thing!
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think this is so doable... add me
  • ararejewel
    ararejewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in !!! Please sign me up!:happy:
  • jlanier
    jlanier Posts: 16
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am wanting to lose 50 lbs. add me
  • merew19
    merew19 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in...I want to ltry to lose 40 by October, but the latest would be Christmas. My niece is getting married in October so I'm all motivated!

Add me too your list of support!!!
  • Hugdarla
    Hugdarla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me too! 40 would put me at my goal weight and I just signed up for enough boot camps to keep me moving through the rest of the year.