Please help I'm almost in tears

Options
I have lost over 40 pounds but one thing that won't go is my dam belly fat!!! I thought losing the weight would help me but I was wrong I still hate my body
I'm Down to 118 pounds :-/ but I'm still not happy
I was praying for summer to look better but I feel worse every day
I no longer have Time to go to gym
I'm getting so depressed that I'm thinking of going under the knife or using weight loss pills
Please any tips at all to make it go
My waist is 28 inches but when it comes to my lower stomach and back it's the most disquting thing ever
I'm scared to fall into a eating disorder again with how much anger I have on my body

Replies

• sandralila
    sandralila Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try doing planks, you can do them at home. Works for me, my tummy is getting flatter.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hula-hooping?
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Planks and patience. And sweetie, get some support on the ED boards. If you're above 5'6", you are below the healthy BMI range.
  • itsjen516
    itsjen516 Posts: 86
    Options
    Planks and patience. And sweetie, get some support on the ED boards. If you're above 5'6", you are below the healthy BMI range.
    Im 5'5 :)
    I'll look for md boards what are they lol
  • itsjen516
    Options
    please anything eles ?
  • sjbraiqz
    sjbraiqz Posts: 10
    Options
    How is your stress level? There are several studies that show stress can lead to excess belly fat.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Strength training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kryssaxo
    Kryssaxo Posts: 54
    Options
    30 day shred.
  • laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 115 pounds and I also have a 28 inch waist. I still have the belly fat also. You have to do strength training to lose that, its not gonna go away just from dieting. Try doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, thats what I'm doing. Dont give up!

Here's some links to the 30 Day Shred online, you do each level for 10 days.

LEVEL 1
    LEVEL 2
    LEVEL 3
  • imara125
    imara125 Posts: 13
    Options
    Maybe the waieght you have been losing is muscel if you havent been going to the gym. Try 20 crunches in the mourning before a shower and 20 before bed.it takes a total of 1-2min and can help get you belly flat. Also try planks personally i cant hold longer than 1min. Becuase it hurts my sholders. What you need isnt carido because that burns calories, but muscel stregthening. To work on core also try 6inches. I have no idea who you are or where you live but please dont hurt yourself with diet pills or knifes its not worth it.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids and I am OK with my belly right now! The biggest difference for me was cutting out carbonated drinks. They bloated me so bad, and within a week of cutting them out my waist lost over 1 inch! If you add me as a friend, you can look at my photos and see the bikini shot I took last week. It's not great, but I am 36 with 5 kids all single pregnancies.
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    Hot yoga.

My stomach is flat even on days I over eat!

But you have to have patience. Took me 2 months to see visible results. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • itsjen516
    Options
    How is your stress level? There are several studies that show stress can lead to excess belly fat.
    soooo high
    like to the point were i have hurt my self :(
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!!! Great cardio, strength, and abs.

PS. You're beautiful :)
  • itsjen516
    Options
    Hot yoga.

But you have to have patience. Took me 2 months to see visible results. Slow and steady wins the race.
    i herd about that does it really work
    i thought yoga was just a way to de stress and find peace with your self
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

BMI isnt the be all and end all in terms of determing health. you dont know the OP's frame size or how she carries weight.

that's really not fair to just tell her she has an eating disorder without knowing her
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    soooo high
    like to the point were i have hurt my self :(

The stress is probably the biggest factor in the belly fat. Yoga is good for destressing. It will also help with toning. But the belly is an area that requires patience. Also refined sugar can contribute to belly bloat.

Try to eat more protein and healthy fats (found in fatty fish, nuts and olive oil). Those are good for helping to burn belly fat.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga.

i herd about that does it really work
    i thought yoga was just a way to de stress and find peace with your self

It sounds as though destressing and being at peace would be a good place to start!
    I think at this point you don't need to lose weight, you need to get stronger muscles for a leaner look. And doing something about that stress wouldn't hurt either!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    And just throwing this out there:

I am a mom of three........and my belly looks like three kids have lived in it for sure!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure I'll ever get it totally flat and non-poochy.........but when I put on cute clothes and walk out in public and catch my reflection in a window or mirror.....I look like a thin, healthy woman. Not a fat mom. And I bet you you pretty darn good too. Put on your cutest outfit and go shopping and tell me what you see when you pass your reflection..........a thin girl, right?? You're beautiful..........I hope you find a way to not be so hard on yourself.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Strength training (no, not Jillian Michaels, P90x, or Chaleen Extreme), and eating at a slight caloric deficit. All the crunches in the world aren't going to make your belly fat go away...but a deficit and strength training 3x a week will.

Also, you don't have to have a gym to strength train. There's a bodyweight program on my profile that is incredibly effective. I went from a 42" waist to a 32" waist in 3mos.