Please help I'm almost in tears

Replies

• luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    I agree with doing the 30 day shred or something like Insanity! Good Luck and try not to stress too much :)
    Edit: I just read all the other comments you posted and am really concerned about you being stressed to the point of hurting yourself. Please get help if you are feeling like hurting yourself. Its not worth it. (((HUGS)))
  • brooklynjean93
    brooklynjean93 Posts: 11 Member
    I've had the same problems in the past too. I'm trying to get my stomach down to what my cousin's is (sit down, and no rolls, all flat). She says she goes running every morning and night, until she's a disgusting sweat mess. She also follows a "six weeks to a six pack" blog or something.... she says it's really hard, but she's maintaining a 4 pack. And when she needs a cool off day, she does yoga. There's different levels of it, some are really hard workouts, others are relaxing. But they work for her.
    I have another friend who does Jullian workout videos (the lady from the Biggest Loser), and she said the ab ones are killers, but they got her a flat belly.
    If you're looking more towards a class that would do wonders, I have a friend who does belly dancing. When she told me that, I thought the same thing most people do, "uh-huh... so you're gonna be a pole dancer someday too?" But when I went to watch her competition, it was actually really interesting how cultural it was instead of... what I thought it was. She was a size 7 when she started, and after a month and a half or so, she had a four pack. A year later, she's a size 3 and rocking a six pack. And that's all she does workout wise. She also claims that "cleansing out the system" once a week, or for a full week every month will also work wonders. For her, it's fresh fruit smoothies or vegetable smoothies with no sugar added.
    I lost my belly fat completely after I tried cleansing out my system with an only fruit and vegetable diet for a week straight. The key to that is no bananas, no sugar, no added toppings, no cheese, no extra anything. Just plain fruit and veggies.
    Also, anything that can be preserved isn't good for you. If it can stick around a while, it can stick on you. My friend, a personal trainer, told me that's the first thing he tells female clients to cut out of their diets if they want to lose that lower belly. Anything that comes in plastic, bag, or can form is no good. Even diet sodas will cause bloating that doesn't leave easy. So maybe try cutting out anything that has preservatives and try a strictly fresh foods diet for a couple weeks? see if that does the trick?
    Remember this too: Abs and bellies are made 10% in workouts, 90% in the kitchen.
    I hope one of these will at least trigger an interest! Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want any additional help in your journey! :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Keep exercising but learning to love your body just as it is now is the key to it all. It has to come from within you and no amount of exercise or training is going to fix your need for perfection. It might never come but it is more likely to come when you relax about it and enjoy yourself for who you are now at this very moment.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I've had the same problems in the past too. I'm trying to get my stomach down to what my cousin's is (sit down, and no rolls, all flat). She says she goes running every morning and night, until she's a disgusting sweat mess. She also follows a "six weeks to a six pack" blog or something.... she says it's really hard, but she's maintaining a 4 pack. And when she needs a cool off day, she does yoga. There's different levels of it, some are really hard workouts, others are relaxing. But they work for her.
    I have another friend who does Jullian workout videos (the lady from the Biggest Loser), and she said the ab ones are killers, but they got her a flat belly.
    If you're looking more towards a class that would do wonders, I have a friend who does belly dancing. When she told me that, I thought the same thing most people do, "uh-huh... so you're gonna be a pole dancer someday too?" But when I went to watch her competition, it was actually really interesting how cultural it was instead of... what I thought it was. She was a size 7 when she started, and after a month and a half or so, she had a four pack. A year later, she's a size 3 and rocking a six pack. And that's all she does workout wise. She also claims that "cleansing out the system" once a week, or for a full week every month will also work wonders. For her, it's fresh fruit smoothies or vegetable smoothies with no sugar added.
    I lost my belly fat completely after I tried cleansing out my system with an only fruit and vegetable diet for a week straight. The key to that is no bananas, no sugar, no added toppings, no cheese, no extra anything. Just plain fruit and veggies.
    Also, anything that can be preserved isn't good for you. If it can stick around a while, it can stick on you. My friend, a personal trainer, told me that's the first thing he tells female clients to cut out of their diets if they want to lose that lower belly. Anything that comes in plastic, bag, or can form is no good. Even diet sodas will cause bloating that doesn't leave easy. So maybe try cutting out anything that has preservatives and try a strictly fresh foods diet for a couple weeks? see if that does the trick?
    Remember this too: Abs and bellies are made 10% in workouts, 90% in the kitchen.
    I hope one of these will at least trigger an interest! Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want any additional help in your journey! :)

Someone with an ED SHOULD NOT follow this advice.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    OP don't apologize for the rant. It's normal to want to vent. Ignore the haters.

Regarding the self harm PLEASE get help. I went to the unreal yesterday of a teenager who took her own life. It's not worth it. I had 15 and 16 year olds sobbing in my arms. It's heartbreaking when there are other ways. Love yourself. Plenty of other people do and don't want you to hurt yourself. I can guarantee your belly isn't as horrid as you think.
  • Ok I didn't read all of the posts, BUT, I totally understand! About a year ago I read the Gabriel Method. You don't have to read it, but in there he was over 300 lbs and 6 feet tall. He is now at a steady 170, no extra skin and no plastic surgery. He says that omega 3s are the key ingredient to putting elasticity back into your body. Try Oceans fish oil suppliment and eat as many fish that you can. I have been doing this and it has helped alot! I hope this helps.

23800284.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Excuse after excuse after excuse.

It's no wonder why you haven't reached your goals.

Wow wait a second......What in the world are you referring to???
  • Victoria777
    Victoria777 Posts: 5 Member
    As others have mentioned, stress is key factor with belly fat. Has to do with cortisol levels. Herbs for this are rhodiola, holy basil (tulsi). Relaxation, breathing, yoga, etc. Also check out Dr. OZ website. He has food suggestions and combinations for addressing belly fat. Just type it into the search on his website.
  • Victoria777
    Victoria777 Posts: 5 Member
    P.S. also love what Weightbattlewarrior had to say.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    How is your stress level? There are several studies that show stress can lead to excess belly fat.
    soooo high
    like to the point were i have hurt my self :(

This and the comments about drastic weight loss concerns me and tells me that you may need to be talking with a professional. If you have hurt yourself and you are bordering on ED behaviors, you need more help than any of us can offer. I hope everything works out for you, but I really hope you find the right help too.

Yup - get help! Go to your GP to start with, tell him/her all about how you feel and what you've been doing. Medication could help get you back on an even keel and counselling could help you deal with your issues long term.

This isn't about how you look, it's is about your mental state, so deal with that!

God bless and good luck!
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    RE: posters who write outright mean comments:

Although loosing excess weight amount can improve someone's overall health, I see that sadly it does not improve the kindness and compassion that some people exhibit towards others.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Are you doing strength training workouts? Because if you only do cardio, chances are that your body is losing substantial amount of muscle along with fat which makes you appear thinner but still flabby since you have not decreased your body fat percentage. Also it could be in your genetics because some people are genetically predisposed to store most of their body fat in their stomach area & as we all know the first one to gain is the last one that we are going to lose. So sad but true. If you're one of these people then just be more patient & continue on working to lose those belly fat & soon you'll see those fats melt off your belly.
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    How is your stress level? There are several studies that show stress can lead to excess belly fat.
    soooo high

This and the comments about drastic weight loss concerns me and tells me that you may need to be talking with a professional. If you have hurt yourself and you are bordering on ED behaviors, you need more help than any of us can offer. I hope everything works out for you, but I really hope you find the right help too.

Yup - get help! Go to your GP to start with, tell him/her all about how you feel and what you've been doing. Medication could help get you back on an even keel and counselling could help you deal with your issues long term.

This isn't about how you look, it's is about your mental state, so deal with that!

God bless and good luck!

OP, you deserve to be happy in life. Find the help you need so that you can fulfill that area of living. YOU deserve THE BEST life has to offer. We all do. Good luck and be well.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Hey sweetie.. Lots of people here have excellent advice. Please ignore the negative people. Yes, I think you should talk to some professional help but at the same time it wouldn't hurt to incorporate some yoga or strength training. I had an awful c-section that left my core completely a mess. Then I had back surgery and my insurance denied my physical therapy. So you can imagine what a mess my core was Yoga in the last 4 weeks has helped tremendously.... along with some weight training and zumba. I wish you the best of luck and help. You sound like you have done wonderfully and sometimes, we just need to learn to be happy with US! hugs!
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    soooo high
    If you have self harmed, then you need to seek professional help to assit you with this and also with the weight you want to loose.
  • brooklynjean93
    brooklynjean93 Posts: 11 Member
    In response to Sarauk2sf taking quoting my remark and saying "this is bad advice when there's an ED involved"

Who said ED's were involved? And none of my advice was BAD advice. It was different ideas. She can choose whether or not she wants to do them. Most of these are healthy ways of losing weight, and supported by my doctors, nutritionist, and/or my personal trainer friend. IF there was an eating disorder, then NO someone should not be dieting, they should be seeing doctors or nutritionists, if you wanted to get fit though, why not try to work out, clean out your system, and try to cut the crap?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    In response to Sarauk2sf taking quoting my remark and saying "this is bad advice when there's an ED involved"

Who said ED's were involved? And none of my advice was BAD advice. It was different ideas. She can choose whether or not she wants to do them. Most of these are healthy ways of losing weight, and supported by my doctors, nutritionist, and/or my personal trainer friend. IF there was an eating disorder, then NO someone should not be dieting, they should be seeing doctors or nutritionists, if you wanted to get fit though, why not try to work out, clean out your system, and try to cut the crap?
    The OP said EDs were involved. Twice. And numerous people referenced it.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Who said ED's were involved?

The OP said "I'm scared to fall into a eating disorder again with how much anger I have on my body." Clearly, there is an ED involved.

I am really surprised by the number of people who are giving weight loss advice to someone who clearly doesn't need to lose weight (based on the height and weight she gave she has a BMI of under 20) and has explicitly stated that she has had an ED in the past.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    I'm doing mean abs June
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk622JJxOO5afKjDyb5n8nZCNJCXRamLmYr75Ob_9x_t5qYFbN
    and even tho it's only day 6 I have already seen some results. Core training is a great way to tone your stomach without necessarily loosing weight. Yoga and Pilates are both great for toning this area too, and the Yoga might help with your stress. Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,901 Member
    I have lost over 40 pounds but one thing that won't go is my dam belly fat!!! I thought losing the weight would help me but I was wrong I still hate my body
    I'm Down to 118 pounds :-/ but I'm still not happy
    I was praying for summer to look better but I feel worse every day
    I no longer have Time to go to gym
    I'm getting so depressed that I'm thinking of going under the knife or using weight loss pills
    Please any tips at all to make it go
    My waist is 28 inches but when it comes to my lower stomach and back it's the most disquting thing ever
    I'm scared to fall into a eating disorder again with how much anger I have on my body
    Straight up, you have a distorted image of how you should look and should get help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition