Need suggestions please Ice Cream is my weakness

Options

Replies

• vonne06
    vonne06 Posts: 42
    Options
    There are some delicious frozen yogurt options, and are 100 calories or less. Or frozen fruit bars. Blue Bell makes an all natural strawberry bar that is 70 calories.
  • jammiemd
    jammiemd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also buy fudge bars...low in calories and just enough to satisy my craving.
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Try Breyers slow churned ice cream. It has less fat and calories. I had a comfort food of pop tarts. I had to have them. With the help of my physical therapist, I kicked the habit and now only have them once in a while. You can overcome this. You are strong and I will just say Never Give Up.
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    TCBY frozen yogurt is scrumptious! I eat it and skinny cow icecream everyday.and Yes ICECREAM is my weakness too. I just work it in to my calories in small portions~ Lost 42 llbs . so doing something right? YEA!
  • Sunbeam224
    Sunbeam224 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm an ice cream lover too! I get the light ice cream or a fat free vanilla at the grocery store. Schwann's frozen foods also sells fat free and light varieties. If they are in your area they are a company that delivers to your door. I also go to the dairy queen's in the summer and find that most of them carry a fat free now. One kind is called Dole Whip. If you like the sandwiches..skinny cow's are yummy. Have also heard of people freezing ripe mashed bananas or making frozen bananas. Whatever you choose..enjoy : )~
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If it is your weakness, there is no getting around it. You're going to eat it from time to time (if not often). Try to budget for that in your allowed calories and over time, see if you can reduce the amount you eat. Also, as many people have suggested, frozen yogurt is a great alternative. I love Golden Spoon! It doesn't have that "yogurt" after-taste and the chocolate malt flavor is a very strong competitor to soft serve chocolate ice cream.

Good luck! I myself am trying to lay off the soda...it's a daily struggle that I fear will always pull at me. :drinker:
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    Icecream is my weakness too! I could probably eat a half gallon in one sitting! LOL!
    Blue Bunny makes a great line of sugar free low calorie ice cream popsicles My fav is the dark chocolate raspberry! Sooo yummy and only 110 calories! Weight waters has a greally great latte flavored icecream that is only 100 per popsicle too!
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Oh it's mine too. I keep Weight watchers in the freezer for days when I want some but I do eat it sparingly and as a treat.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i make "smoothies". skim milk, banana, some unsweetened cocoa and ice...it helps me! and is filling
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i discovered ben & jerry's frozen greek yogurt in my market today. a blessing from god? perhaps.
  • dotbell123
    dotbell123 Posts: 11
    Options
    First post here and of course, it would be about my weakness too - ice cream. :heart: I'm in love with the Weight Watcher fudge bars. 100 calories, fiber AND they're huge. I also like the Healthy Choice fudge bars.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I love Haagan Daz butter pecan ( I think that's how you spell it, I open it up so fast I don't pay attention). But Sherbet is pretty good and you can get the low cal kind. I now only have ice cream when its that "time" for me, its like a treat.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My favorite dessert is a fudgsicle (originals are 60 calories, but they have no added sugar ones for 40 calories) melted for 15 seconds in the microwave, mixed with a few tablespoons of FROZEN fat free or sugar free cool whip. You can also add a teaspoon of peanut butter or fruit. When you mix it, it has the same consistency as ice cream for much fewer calories. Satisfies my ice cream craving every time!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    could you budget for it? I find it easier to stay on plan knowing there is a scoop of real ice cream at the end of the day.

I agree with this one. I just ate a 3.6oz and felt satisfied. I buy those at my local store as oppose to half gallons and pints. It's a single serving and that is all I need.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    could you budget for it? I find it easier to stay on plan knowing there is a scoop of real ice cream at the end of the day.

This is what I do. I don't do substitutes, artificial sweeteners, etc. I want the real deal. I'd rather have a real treat less often than settle for something I don't really want all the time.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I have yogurt and cottage cheese. But I eat ice cream every day. I need an alternative PLEASE help me! Ice cream is my comfort food!:frown:

why should you not eat ice cream? I have it most every night. ran out last night, so will be a bit bummed to not get some tonight, in fact.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    mash together bananas and yogurt and freeze it
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream fairly often... I just allow for it. Period. even if it means an extra 15 minutes of cardio. ;) I have found a few that are lower cal: Breyer's makes a low carb chocolate or vanilla. They're both good--the chocolate is GREAT. I've also had Edy's (or Dreyer's) slow churned. And there's frozen yogurt. Ben and Jerry's makes great froyo. ;)
  • ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes amazing ice cream sandwiched and mini ice cream cups....around 160 calories with a fair bit of fiber in the sandwiches.....check those out....I used to eat those when I needed a sweet ice cream treat.....they taste great and are much better than ice cream. And the sandwiches are HUGE!

Skinny Cow has been a life saver! My favorites are the ice cream sandwiches: strawberry shortcake, cookies and cream, and best of both swirleds.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers frozen yogurts. They are amazing and preportioned so you can just grab and eat.