Thanks Denise will try!
  • denisedavis001
    denisedavis001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much making grocery list!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Sorbet is my new best friend - it is about 70 cal for a reasonably-sized serving.

^THIS. I do mine with no sugar and pure stevia extract. Latest I do is about 5 drops of stevia, a cup of frozen strawberry, and about 1/2 cup of lemon juice.

EDIT Sorry. that should have been 1/4 cup. Unless you like sour! LOL!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't try to replace something you enjoy with a fake version.
    Use this opportunity to pay attention to portion size and measure out one serve of the icecream you love.
    This is going to be a much better long term strategy than finding something low cal that let's you continue eating an unrealistically (and unneccessary) large portion of a treat food.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I just found this stuff called Arctic Zero... They sell it at Fairway, Kings and a couple other places (You can check on their website). But the ENTIRE pint of "ice cream" is only 150 calories! And they have like 5 or 6 flavors. Vanilla maple is my favorite. With a little bit of whipped cream and cinnamon yummmm.

This. Bought some of these awhile ago and they are awesome when I'm craving some ice cream. Not the best tasting, but they get the job done and very low cal
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try fruit sorbet with lite cool whip, only 120 cal for 1/2 cup. Most ice cream servings are 1/4 cup and a lot more calories.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I feel like a hypocrite because I just totally busted my calories on chocolate ice cream and salty nuts. That might not have happened if I had things prepared... like:
    -a banana- peeled and sliced and in a plastic bag in the freezer
    - low fat or non fat milk
    - a wand blender
    - a tall plastic cup to mix it in
    -honey if you like

put the frozen bananas in the milk- use maybe 1/2 cup- *kitten* honey if you like, blend!

If you handed this to me a few hours ago I would not have known the difference... and the Hagan Daz would still be in the freezer.
    8)
  • Jamee_J
    Jamee_J Posts: 63
    Options
    Slice a banana, freeze for at least an hour. Stick in food processor and blend till it looks like soft serve ice cream. If so inclined add a little peanut butter and/or mini semi sweet choc. Chips. Delicous treat. You can also freeze that then scoop for "hard" ice cream:)
  • fuzz_pawz
    fuzz_pawz Posts: 106
    Options
    The Chapmans Frozen yogurt is just as good as ice cream, IMO....in fact, I think it's BETTER because it's smooth and creamy like ice cream...but minus a lot of the fat and cals
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's not really an alternative.
    I buy Magnum Mini ice creams bars. Real ice cream, real Belgian chocolate, smaller portion 160 calories.
    Totally fulfills my craving.
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This nwas a trick I learned a few years back: Take nilla wafers, top with coolwhip, put in freezer until firm. Coolwhip is cold and almost ice cream texture! Plus, now that coolwhip comes in other flavors, it gives a variety!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would typically eat at least a quart of ice cream a sitting. It is the only desert I ever really want. I will choose it over all other sweets. If it is a flavor that includes chocolate and peanut butter, it will be devoured. For years every time I tried to lose weight, I would eliminate ice cream. I was doomed for failure. I have learned that I can not eliminate it. And that was an important lesson.

I now know I don't have to! I budget it. I eat ice cream more days than not. I had some today! I'm here to tell you, you can have your ice cream and lose weight too! I mark 120 days tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a week that I went more than a few days without ice cream.

Just keep logging!
  • Asha00
    Asha00 Posts: 2
    Options
    Greek yogurt is very creamy, I like blueberry greek then I add fresh strawberrys.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    TCBY frozen yogurt is scrumptious! I eat it and skinny cow icecream everyday.and Yes ICECREAM is my weakness too. I just work it in to my calories in small portions~ Lost 42 llbs . so doing something right? YEA!

Yep! ^^^This! I love TCBY's Cookies and Cream frozen yogurt. I buy it in the freezer section at Wal-Mart!
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i just found out about this thing called artic zero. i would try that.
    also, you can do what i do. ive literally have been eating icecream all day-look at my diary. anyways i bought an ice cream maker and i have been making low carb ice cream and have been using zero calorie sweeteners. so its low in cals and its low in carbs and making it myself is fun AND i get to eat my own creation which makes it taste even better. honestly i love it more than store bought ice cream <3

message me for recipes
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about blending frozen fruit? Frozen bannans make excellent ice cream
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Try 2 Carmel flavored rice cakes w 2 TBSP of light whipped topping( like cool whip) sprinkle some cinnamon on top and put together like a sandwich.Put in freezer for 1 hour. Tastes just like ice cream nice & crunchy on the rice cake. I got this recipe from Hungry girl . Com ENJOY!
  • MrsPetricca
    MrsPetricca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to freeze the whipped chocolate yoplait yogurts. I know you already mentioned that you have yogurt as a alternative, but I just recently learned you can freeze them. I think they taste even better frozen. Another perk to them being frozen is they take longer to eat that way so it seems like more of a treat!
    They have low calorie ice cream. I have seen a skinny cow ice cream..weight watchers and a few generic versions of a lighter alternative. Even carb free ice cream.
    Have you thought about sherburt?
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love the frozen treats, so I wash and freeze grapes and blueberries when they are perfectly ripe. They taste good frozen. and it's a healthy nibble.
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options