Does the American Red Cross stalk you too?

Options
eig6
eig6 Posts: 249 Member
They call me several times a week, even twice in one day sometimes :angry: . I've asked them to stop several times- they say they will but they keep calling. I just asked again, hopefully it sticks this time. I heard they only do it to O-types but I don't know what my blood type is. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone got them to stop?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    They gave up on me after a while. Tell them you have an STD.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    They call me several times a week, even twice in one day sometimes :angry: . I've asked them to stop several times- they say they will but they keep calling. I just asked again, hopefully it sticks this time. I heard they only do it to O-types but I don't know what my blood type is. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone got them to stop?
    The blood company here does, yeah. I GIVE!!! Stop stalking me!!! I downloaded a silent ringer for them, and even fake phone numbered them the last time I gave and still they call..... and call.... and call..... and call.....

thank God for the silent ringtone.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they are vampires! They quit calling me when I told them I was pregnant (3 years ago). Maybe you could try that!
  • eig6
    Options
    They gave up on me after a while. Tell them you have an STD.

:laugh: I have seriously considered this. My boyfriend says I should just tell them I dont weigh enough, which I almost dont but I dont think thats good enough.
  • eig6
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they are vampires! They quit calling me when I told them I was pregnant (3 years ago). Maybe you could try that!

They are def. Vampires. If they had just one number, I would call them that on my phone hah. Its always a different number for me.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There are several reasons why people might not qualify as donors -- look them up on their website, and find out if you might be disqualified as a donor. For example, if you lived in Europe for more than 1 year in back in the 1990's, you can't give blood (because of mad cow disease) -- so exchange students are out.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Funny, that's what they are listed as in my iphone address book.

I would NOT tell them you have an STD.
    I would NOT lie to them to disqualify yourself. What happens when you WANT to donate?
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Here's how you get them to stop.

Tell them you lived in England from 1980 - 1990, and they won't call back. They'll disqualify you for fear of Mad Cow Disease..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Tell them you lived in England from 1980 - 1990, and they won't call back. They'll disqualify you for fear of Mad Cow Disease..
    So you're disqualifying yourself from doing a good thing? Seriously? Isn't there a compromise where you can give on your own terms?
  • eig6
    Options
    Funny, that's what they are listed as in my iphone address book.

I would NOT tell them you have an STD.
    I would NOT lie to them to disqualify yourself. What happens when you WANT to donate?

Good point... dont know why I hadnt thought of that.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do like that person did and program them into your phone? That way you'll know when they call.
  • eig6
    Options

I wasnt born til 1991! :sad:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Why don't you do like that person did and program them into your phone? That way you'll know when they call.
    and then download a silent ring tone. Problem greatly reduced.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    They don't like me....at all. I have too low of an iron count and sh!tty veins. Went once...took almost an hour to get the needle in...then they couldn't even use it :mad:
  • eig6
    Options

1. They fill up my voice mail with messages still.
    2. Its not always the same number.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    There are several reasons why people might not qualify as donors -- look them up on their website, and find out if you might be disqualified as a donor. For example, if you lived in Europe for more than 1 year in back in the 1990's, you can't give blood (because of mad cow disease) -- so exchange students are out.

This is always a good one! Actually, it disqualifies hubby, son and I. Just fib a little.
  • eig6
    Options
    Iddreams, consider yourself lucky!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

ah. mine are the same 5 numbers. I have them under one entry.
    And mine never leave a message.
    Go with: I don't weigh enough. That way you can still donate when you want to.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The Red Cross recently (year ago) entered into a contract with a company to assist with calling donors. The name of the project is DRMS (Donor Relationship Management Program) and the intent was that donors could identify how often and how (text, email, call to cell phone, home, work, etc.) they wanted to be contacted. Unfortunately the software has glitches and the result is yes, donors are called more often than they should be. Communications have gone out attempting to explain the problem and Red Cross management is aware of the extent of donors unhappiness when the glitches occur. But in all honesty, even when I get calls more frequently than I would like, I am also very aware that it is because there are patients in need. Only 3 out of 100 people donate blood. If you've ever received blood or had a family member who needed blood, you would appreciate those who do take the one hour out of their day to give.
  • eig6
    Options

ah. mine are the same 5 numbers. I have them under one entry.
    And mine never leave a message.
    Go with: I don't weigh enough. That way you can still donate when you want to.

and hopefully very soon I wont even be lying when I say I dont weigh 110lbs :wink: