Does the American Red Cross stalk you too?

Options

Replies

• sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    No, but the Canadian Blood Service does!!!
  • koalafan
    koalafan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe it's every 56 days.
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    YESS, they harass me as well because I have 0 blood type - the kind that can give to EVERYONE, but only receive from the same type of 0 blood types.

I finally just fibbed to get them to stop calling me, but that was JUST this week. We'll see if that worked!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I believe it's every 56 days.

Its waaaaay more often than this, just last week I got two messages on my phone on the same day from them.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    They gave up on me after a while. Tell them you have an STD.

Or, like I used one other time on a "religious group who shall not be named", I told them I was Catholic, and they turned away.

Seems to work fairly well.......

:sniffs armpits to make sure I'm not ripe.:
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend here. They quit harassing my husband after he told them he'd been to some country in South America. :laugh: It was true, but up until he went they'd call 2 times a day, EVERY day! I wish I could remember which one specifically, but I don't. I know it was somewhere along the Western coast though, if that helps any! Good luck ditching them!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    With the amount of travel I've done, when I went to them willingly I was rejected. I wasn't even given a cookie for my hurt feelings :(
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    They call me several times a week, even twice in one day sometimes :angry: . I've asked them to stop several times- they say they will but they keep calling. I just asked again, hopefully it sticks this time. I heard they only do it to O-types but I don't know what my blood type is. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone got them to stop?

OMG!!!! I can't believe the topic of this thread!!!! They TOTALLY stalk me, night and day and day and night. I don't mind giving blood occasionally, but they call me wayyyy too much. The main issue I have is that I when I go in to give my blood the phlebotomist always has a hard time getting blood from my collapsing veins, so sometimes I waste a good hour and leave having given NO BLOOD. You would think that they would have really good blood takers doing that job don't you think??? They hound me! LOL:grumble:
  • eig6
    Options
    They call me several times a week, even twice in one day sometimes :angry: . I've asked them to stop several times- they say they will but they keep calling. I just asked again, hopefully it sticks this time. I heard they only do it to O-types but I don't know what my blood type is. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone got them to stop?

OMG!!!! I can't believe the topic of this thread!!!! They TOTALLY stalk me, night and day and day and night. I don't mind giving blood occasionally, but they call me wayyyy too much. The main issue I have is that I when I go in to give my blood the phlebotomist always has a hard time getting blood from my collapsing veins, so sometimes I waste a good hour and leave having given NO BLOOD. You would think that they would have really good blood takers doing that job don't you think??? They hound me! LOL:grumble:

That is the worst! The times I've gone it hasnt been too bad, but I get really nervous beforehand even though its no big deal once they do it.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Seriously, though... are they calling your cell phone? If so, you can have their number(s) blocked. I know if it's Verizon, you can have up to 10 numbers blocked,.... and if they're calling from that many numbers, or more, I'm not sure, but could you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or something?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I was an administrator for a nonprofit for two years, and we made a significant donation to them during our time. They email me almost daily. I had to block them. Unsubscribe did not work.

I hate when companies or organizations do that crap. Once a month newsletters or once a week (though that is pushing it) is enough. DAILY FRIGGIN EMAILS makes me never want to donate again.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I personally don't get hounded by them because the one time I donated blood was in high school so if they try, anything they send goes to my parents house and they don't tell me about it. My fiance donates whenever he can. I forget what our blood types are but we are both the opposite o's. He gets hounded alll the time. Phone calls, letters, anything and everything. It doesn't really bother him though because he enjoys going.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No, but one time a guy from the Canadian Red Cross asked if he could talk to my mother or father and when I told him they weren't home he asked for my babysitter. I was 21 at the time lol

They used to call my friend all the time though. Again the Canadian Red Cross, not American. This was when she was around 14 and they would always ask for her by name, not for her parents.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I was an administrator for a nonprofit for two years, and we made a significant donation to them during our time. They email me almost daily. I had to block them. Unsubscribe did not work.

I hate when companies or organizations do that crap. Once a month newsletters or once a week (though that is pushing it) is enough. DAILY FRIGGIN EMAILS makes me never want to donate again.

In situations like this, I just call them, ask them for whoever is in the top position available (I don't even bother explaining to the person who picks up). I might come off as rude but in situations like this I am pissed off enough to not care. Talk to the person in-charge, tell them that the next time I get a call, they aint getting a penny from me. If I get a call from them again, I call them and tell them to kiss that money good bye. Did it with sprint, works pretty well. Some how the software that cannot make exceptions all of a sudden starts making one.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

In situations like this, I just call them, ask them for whoever is in the top position available (I don't even bother explaining to the person who picks up). I might come off as rude but in situations like this I am pissed off enough to not care. Talk to the person in-charge, tell them that the next time I get a call, they aint getting a penny from me. If I get a call from them again, I call them and tell them to kiss that money good bye. Did it with sprint, works pretty well. Some how the software that cannot make exceptions all of a sudden starts making one.

I did that, and sadly the emails kept coming. If it weren't a nonprofit, I'd have reported them to the BBB for it. Thankfully, they didn't get my cell phone or home phone number to robocall me or I'd go insane.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    HAHA sometimes... but its my husband they are stalking
  • eig6
    Options
    Seriously, though... are they calling your cell phone? If so, you can have their number(s) blocked. I know if it's Verizon, you can have up to 10 numbers blocked,.... and if they're calling from that many numbers, or more, I'm not sure, but could you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or something?

I do have Verizon, I'll talk to them next if they dont stop.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

You can block them online through your online verizon account. I did this a few times. If you go look under your account settings, you can find "call block" and just block them right there.
  • eig6
    Options

You can block them online through your online verizon account. I did this a few times. If you go look under your account settings, you can find "call block" and just block them right there.

Awesome, Ill have to write their numbers down.

edited because I cant quote lol.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I believe getting a tattoo, or saying you did, disqualifies you for donating for one year. That's what I have seen on paperwork.
    When I go they want a DOUBLE dose from me. I get hooked up to some special machine for it. Heck, I can even walk in and get sent to the front of any line they like my blood so much.

Ill try the tattoo thing, sounds like that works...and a DOUBLE dose? Wow, how could you even give that much blood at once?! You must be O.

Yes, O negative. I don't really know how the double system works but I can't donate for 114 days.
    The bad part is if I am doing some sort of double donation shouldn't I get doubles on donation prizes.:laugh: